Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2011, 03:34 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,477,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
1) Congress doing their job, isnt a waste of time, nor money.. ITS THEIR JOB..
2) It helps by actually PASSING a budget bill, something the Democrats have yet to do..

You cant just keep increasing the debt limit non stop and writing checks expecting the problems to go away. Its one thing to increase the debt limit when the economy is improving, its a totally different scenario if you are doing it and the economy isnt.

Oh pghquest;

The Dems in Power, did not get your memo: On increasing the debt limit, going non stop, and still writing those checks in a economic crisis such as we are in.

Think it just might do some good to tell them again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 03:35 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,335,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
So the GOP House will vote on a bill that merely restates their non-negotiable position, knowing full well it will never pass the Senate, let alone make to Obama's desk (and he'd just wipe his butt with it anyway)...

So apart from wasting the tax payer's time and money in the face of a pending crisis, this helps how, exactly?
It forces Democrats to show the nation just what they think is the direction we should be going.

Why did you say that Obama would veto this thing since you also said the Senate would turn it down. He wouldn't need to do that. I think you need to be afraid that Dirty Harry may not have the control of all the Dems nearly as strong as you all hope he does. Maybe a few of them are ready to stop playing political games and let the President lose his re-election campaign with his veto pen.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is not correct. He was pushing for that plan, but it was rejected by the Republicans, and they they tried to push the Ryan plan instead.
If what you say is true then Dirty Harry has to defeat that Republican thing in the Senate because Obama may be more worried about re-election than he seems to be and would end up signing that thing. I can't wait to see him doing something he says he will do. That would be veto.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Obama wrote a budget bill that included the debt commission plans? Please link me to this proposal because I havent heard about it..
You and I both know that the supposed budget he proposed was aimed at forcing the Republicans to pass something of their own. We also know that he did not do what has been suggested.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:42 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,761,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If what you say is true then Dirty Harry has to defeat that Republican thing in the Senate because Obama may be more worried about re-election than he seems to be and would end up signing that thing. I can't wait to see him doing something he says he will do. That would be veto.
The Ryan plan? Even the Republicans trash-canned it. It was insane. That was back in the spring.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:43 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,261,865 times
I'm all for Zero Deficit and no tax increase.
The 40% reduction in spending will be quite novel to observe.

Unfortunately, there will be a subsequent melt down in the economy, due to the static "dollar bill" supply. (Read Title 12 USC Sec. 411).

Old 07-15-2011, 04:36 PM

59,347 posts, read 27,528,635 times
Quote:
Obama wrote a budget bill that included the debt commission plans? Please link me to this proposal because I havent heard about it..
Then why didn't even 1 dem vote for it. The Obama budget vote was 97 to 0

Old 07-15-2011, 04:38 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,437,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Just what Charles was advocating.

Call his bluff - The Washington Post

Call Obama

So.....obama would rather the country default than sign a temporary, smaller measure increasing the debt......because it would definitely interfere with his reelection plans.
Now, do notice that obama as usual likes to talk and talk and talk...but he has NEVER written any kind of plan, ideas, proposals down...nothing.

All he has done is demogogue, blame everyone but himself (who is the REAL culprit, seeing as how HE raised the debt by $3 trillion in just the last 2 years) and pretend he is somehow the grown up in the room, trying to be an honest broker (I just threw up a little in my mouth with that blatant lie).

Well, the GOP WILL indeed call his bluff. They will hold the vote next week.

BREAKING: Republicans to Vote on $2.4 Trillion in Cuts With Debt Ceiling Increase - Katie Pavlich

Republicans to Vote on $2.4 Trillion in Cuts With Debt Ceiling Increase

If that doesn't make it through, go to the short term 1/2 trillion increase, with matching cuts that obama has said he will veto. Let's see him do it.
The bluff isn't called.

The President wanted a clean debt ceiling increase from the beginning, and if he holds out thats what he'll get.

What changed Republican tones this week and the last? Their wall street executive backers called them and warned them not to default on the debt.

Our credit rating won't change without balancing the budget now. Thats just wording used by credit agencies to warn the GOP and the President that the debt ceiling must be raised.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:41 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,048,883 times
Obama's goal is to push this thing past the '12 election. That is it. That is all he cares about and the democrats in congress. Anything to retain power. They are hanging on by a thread now. All the college swooners who bought the hope and change are no graduating and wondering how to get their jobs back they were working in hi skool because there aint nothing else out there.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:46 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,147,446 times
Jackson Lee: Congress complicating debt ceiling because Obama is black - The Hill's Floor Action

Well, it was only a matter of time. Why in the hell do people elect idiots like this?! How dumb do you have to be to elect this type of fool and put them in a position of power to make decisions that affect our lives?!?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies