Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 11:32 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,028,424 times

Advertisements

Has the world gone insane?? The cop doesn't feel safe he says? She's standing there on HER property with a video camera. Failure to obey orders my arse. Unlawful orders should not be obeyed. Did she break up a beating and that pissed the cop off? Good Lord watching crap like this nobody should feel safe from the cops. Who does this cop think he is?

YouTube - ‪Rochester Police Arrest Woman in Her Front Lawn For Filming Traffic Stop‬‏
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 11:51 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,965,286 times
This seems to be becoming a normal news event instead of the exception.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:59 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,408,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
This seems to be becoming a normal news event instead of the exception.

Just another case of my theory being proven true...

"Anyone who wants to be a cop is far too emotionally disturbed to be a cop".

Old 06-22-2011, 10:39 AM

I've been a police defender in most of these cases you see here lately as many times its some criminal they're chasing down who gets a zap or a knee to the head or whatever and if you do the crime you better deal with the consequences. This woman was doing nothing but standing there on her lawn taping these guys. The cop was a real loon. I'm just as pissed at the other cops who stood there and watched him do this BS.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:43 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,335,661 times
Non-cops are too sensitive to reality.

They should just stay in their homes with the curtains drawn.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:47 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,015,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I've been a police defender in most of these cases you see here lately as many times its some criminal they're chasing down who gets a zap or a knee to the head or whatever and if you do the crime you better deal with the consequences. This woman was doing nothing but standing there on her lawn taping these guys. The cop was a real loon. I'm just as pissed at the other cops who stood there and watched him do this BS.
Not if the consequences are police brutality on the way to a court of law--BEFORE a conviction has even taken place. It's supposed to be innocent til proven guilty. Not beat'em up on the way to their day in court--unless they're trying to kill the cop or someone.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:53 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,335,661 times
Whatever happened to Reno 911?

I can't find it on TV anymore.

YouTube - ‪All New RENO 911! -- Deadly Force is Always Justified‬‏

Old 06-22-2011, 10:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,827,375 times
Cops have changed from our protectors to our keepers. They have been taught to fear civilian witnesses more than the criminals they are supposedly arresting.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Not if the consequences are police brutality on the way to a court of law--BEFORE a conviction has even taken place. It's supposed to be innocent til proven guilty. Not beat'em up on the way to their day in court--unless they're trying to kill the cop or someone.
That is my point most aren't police brutality. Knocking somebody around to get the cuffs on em or hitting em with a tazer to stop em isn't brutality. Unless they're going to kill the cop or someone? Are police mind readers now? If a cop orders some guy they just pulled over in a high speed chase and the guy reaches into his pockets I'm not gonna wait and see what he pulls out. He either gets a taze or tackled to the ground.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:59 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,734,809 times
I'm torn on this one because my LEO brother was almost killed by someone who took him from behind while he was affect the same type of residential vehicle stop and arrest. He ended up struggling with both of them until back up arrived and shot the assailent dead.

Now I know this is a somewhat different situation, however I can understand the LEO sentiment. The female is on her property but it is accessable to the general public. If she had just went back to her porch and continued filming this event would not have escalated.

This is what happens when LEO's start to feel attacked from all angles.
It is 1000 times harder to do an LEO's job in this PC world we live in than it used to be. thank you Rodney King and the LA PD.

Now that being stated this was a young cop with a chip on his shoulder. What a great moment to engage the video taker and make everyone feel good. Community Policing has been tossed out the window in a lot of jurisdictions.

Plenty of blame to go around on both sides of this camera. This lady wanted a confrontation and she got it. Be careful what you ask for you may get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies