Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 11:34 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,975,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
God, you lefties are so full of shyte.
As you are so full of class
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 11:37 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,975,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
how many amendments and/or earmarks were in it? maybe that is the reasons that they dont want it passed.
I have to agree on this one with ya, dang it. Why on earth do Bills need so many ammendments/riders to them, stop with the I vote for your bill you add my bill to it struff, let the Bill stand on its own for an up or down vote. This has been a major problem for years and I see no end to the practice.
Casper

Old 06-22-2011, 11:38 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,748,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Agreed. This "bill" would only create more federally (tax dollar) subsidized "jobs." Who pays for these "jobs," when the money runs out?

The federal government should not be in the "business" of creating "jobs."

This is another typical liberal: We want, we want, we want. But I want someone else to pay for it.

When they money expires the Democrats will demonize the GOP if they don't RENEW the bill.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:47 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,737,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm we dont have a revenue problem...we have a spending problem

revenue has increased 25% from 2.1 trillion in 2001 to 2.7 trillion in 2011...10 years

in those same 10 years (to include the receint recession ) spending has gone from 2 trillion to 3.7 trillion ...a 75% increase

cut the over spending
Remove the cap from the wage tax

A 1 cent tax on every share of stock traded

No need to cut

Old 06-22-2011, 11:49 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,434,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Remove the cap from the wage tax

A 1 cent tax on every share of stock traded

No need to cut
I do not, and will not support a wage cap increase on social security if there is no pay out increase.

I think we should means test, but not raise any caps.

The only reason we have a spending problem is because taxes were lowered without cutting spending, and this is the Republicans dogma.

That lowering taxes will create more jobs and raise GDP, which will make up for the tax cuts and then some. This is untrue, and every reasonable conservative knows it.

Tax cuts should be immediately accompanied by spending cuts to make up the difference, or you're really no different then the "liberals" they scream about.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:50 AM

32,833 posts, read 19,538,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I have to agree on this one with ya, dang it. Why on earth do Bills need so many ammendments/riders to them, stop with the I vote for your bill you add my bill to it struff, let the Bill stand on its own for an up or down vote. This has been a major problem for years and I see no end to the practice.
Casper
I agree Cas,

we really should end ammendment/riders.....unless it is a continuation of the same ??? type , field, area ???

Old 06-22-2011, 11:50 AM

17,403 posts, read 12,007,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
We don't need a "jobs bill". We need to invest in infrastructure, which will create jobs.

The federal government shouldn't try and "create" jobs, it should put the incentive out there for private business to create jobs, by making projects available for bid.

The GOP's idea of trickle down economics has never, not once in the history of our country worked, and probably not in the world.
Quite the contradictions, there. Should the govt create jobs by investing in infrastructure, or let private business do it?

By making projects available for bid? What a joke. More waste, fraud and abuse. On taxpayer's dimes.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:51 AM

32,833 posts, read 19,538,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I do not, and will not support a wage cap increase on social security if there is no pay out increase.

I think we should means test, but not raise any caps.

The only reason we have a spending problem is because taxes were lowered without cutting spending, and this is the Republicans dogma.

That lowering taxes will create more jobs and raise GDP, which will make up for the tax cuts and then some. This is untrue, and every reasonable conservative knows it.

Tax cuts should be immediately accompanied by spending cuts to make up the difference, or you're really no different then the "liberals" they scream about.
exactly

lowering taxes is fine,,and a good thing...but you have to lower spending too

Old 06-22-2011, 11:51 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,434,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Quite the contradictions, there. Should the govt create jobs by investing in infrastructure, or let private business do it?

By making projects available for bid? What a joke. More waste, fraud and abuse. On taxpayer's dimes.
The government isn't creating the jobs if they contract out the work to private employers.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:52 AM

17,403 posts, read 12,007,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
[i]Remember- the GOP's main job right now is to make sure things stay as @#$%^& as possible till the 2012 election. If you keep that in mind EVERYTHING they do makes perfect sense!
Wow, the GOP has the easiest job in the world.

Obama and his jesters - the GOP gift that keeps on giving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies