Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve or disapprove of women wearing pants in the workplace?
I approve 36 87.80%
I disapprove 3 7.32%
Not sure 2 4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 01:00 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,543,186 times

Advertisements

Wondering which pant-suit I'll be wearing to the office tomorrow....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 01:37 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,835,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I'm pretty sure they were upset when men began to wear skirts in the workplace years ago. I'm just wondering if it still bothers them.
Aren't those traditionally called kilts (Scottish highland/ Gaelic philabeg)? Should there be ordinances banning them? I hope not. Their furry legs are so cute.
Traditional Japanese... Japanese Men's Blue HAORI & Skirt Traditional Cloth
Traditional Indian... Beautiful Pakistani & Indian Wedding Dresses for Mens Indian Groom Bridal Dress[id]=1
Toga's and tunics are dresses, but as the rumor mill churns, this is a revisionist history perpetrated by rabid feminists to further their diabolical misandrist plot. Everyone alright over there?

When men start wearing Tiara's, ermine collars, red velvet capes and lace covered albs that's when you really better worry. Oooops too late!
Vintage Vestments: The Philosophical Threads Woven Into Papal Garments - washingtonpost.com

When all the saints are wearing dresses...
Google Image Result for http://www.aidanharticons.com/saints/St%20AugustineCanterbury_b.jpg
All is lost! Faith no more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Many "traditionalist" (as opposed to "conservative"; there's an important distinction) Catholics frown upon women wearing pants, mostly because they still believe that they are men's apparel.
Most Catholics- you're talking about a minority. One thing you won't be hearing is a scathing rebuke of every male saint wearing a dress. Using the same logic as Siri, these men humiliated their masculinity trying to be effeminate.

Last edited by harborlady; 06-06-2011 at 01:57 AM..

Old 06-06-2011, 06:03 AM

20,394 posts, read 20,058,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm pretty sure they were upset when women began to wear pants in the workplace years ago....... .
LOL.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong but hey, you stick with the prejudices that make you feel morally superior and I'll stick with mine.

I'm pretty sure that Progressives thought Bush was more evil than Hitler or Stalin. Combined.

Do they still think that way?

Old 06-06-2011, 06:16 AM

41,458 posts, read 60,020,951 times
Before you laugh at a man in a Kilt be sure to take is knife away.

The point of controlling the female attire is to visually label them as different hence inferior to men thus justifying lower wages and less job security. Second class workers and second class citizens are created in this manner.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:17 AM

6,809 posts, read 5,703,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm pretty sure they were upset when women began to wear pants in the workplace years ago. I'm just wondering if it still bothers them.
i guess not.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:42 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,207,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Most Catholics- you're talking about a minority. One thing you won't be hearing is a scathing rebuke of every male saint wearing a dress. Using the same logic as Siri, these men humiliated their masculinity trying to be effeminate.
I said most traditionalist Catholics, which comprise (I would estimate) about 1-2% of the American Catholic population, if that. "Traditionalism" and "conservatism" refer to specific movements in the context of Catholicism. Traditional Catholicism consists of several movements, some in allegiance with the church (e.g. the FSSP), others not (e.g. sedevacantists), who all share a common attachment to the traditional Latin mass; a general suspicion, if not outright condemnation of the Second Vatican Council is also common, and certain threads seem to be much more common in or even unique to traditional Catholic literature (geocentrism, womens' headcoverings, condemnation of pants on women, condemnation of receiving communion in the hand, etc., etc.) Conservative Catholics are your vanilla-variety Catholics who are in line with all church teachings and do not necessarily have or not have an attachment to the Latin mass; they might make up 5 or 10% of the American Catholic population (if they agree with the church's teachings on contraception, they're probably conservative Catholics).

Most American Catholics are "cafeteria Catholics", which means they pick certain teachings, especially in the moral realm, of the official Church to accept (burglary is a sin) and certain to deny (contraception is a sin), even though as a Catholic you are supposed to assent to all the Church's official teachings.

Last edited by tvdxer; 06-06-2011 at 03:52 PM..

Old 06-06-2011, 03:47 PM

7,841 posts, read 6,436,651 times
Depends on how attractive they are.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:06 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,543,186 times
I read this article and remembered this thread - thought it would be fun to share it with you.

Hillary Clinton and Angela Merkel joke about their mutual love of pantsuits - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110608/ts_yblog_theticket/hillary-clinton-and-angela-merkel-joke-about-their-mutual-love-of-pantsuits - broken link)

Old 06-08-2011, 11:42 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,221,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I read this article and remembered this thread - thought it would be fun to share it with you.

Hillary Clinton and Angela Merkel joke about their mutual love of pantsuits - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110608/ts_yblog_theticket/hillary-clinton-and-angela-merkel-joke-about-their-mutual-love-of-pantsuits - broken link)
I don't get the whole "pantsuit" jokes...

MEN, politicians, doctors, business men..they all wear suits with pants...why is it called something else when a woman wears it ???

WHY does every little thing have to have a sexist label???

Old 06-08-2011, 12:19 PM

25,231 posts, read 17,010,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I wish they wore miniskirts and really short shorts... atlas, the liberals would be angry... they find my interest to be demeaning to females and yet... so many ladies wear it without me imposing it on them...
Be caeful what you wish for, you just might get it. FYI for every 10 out there there are a bunch of 2s.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies