Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 10:57 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,562,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I know, you're among the many who couldn't have seen what was guaranteed out of the bubble being propped up. Those were some good economic times for the nation, eh?
On the contrary, I'm one of the ones who seen it coming for 6-7 years.. Hell, I remember watching the Congressional hearings with the GOP trying to warn about the oncoming bubble and the Democrats repeating over and over again that times were great, nothing needed done, no need to change anything, and hey, lets raise the minimum wage again because the economy is fabulous and it would absorb the increase..

I waited for almost a decade to buy another home so I can buy a bank repo after some other fool over extending thenself..

But hey, your non stop anti GOP postings despite the fact they were correct, provides me with lots of humor as you try to defend the Democratic failed policies over the last 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 10:58 AM

78,860 posts, read 47,093,406 times
Quote:

Isn't a government job, a government job whether it is state or federal? Or, do you think growth in government is great as long as it is done at state level?

As much as you wish it to be, to make your argument.
Federal jobs are much different than State job, where income tax payers are involved.

My state does not have an income tax to pay for State workers and we do alright.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:59 AM

855 posts, read 1,181,157 times
Quote:
I know, you're among the many who couldn't have seen what was guaranteed out of the bubble being propped up. Those were some good economic times for the nation, eh?

Like you're capable of doing anything more than "calling out people". You wouldn't happen to be a partisan hack, now would you? Or, else you would surely take offense to a post that presented an argument based on numbers.

of course they were great times for the country--and it's all the dems fault that it all went to s**t!!!! *cue rage and headbanging*

Nevermind reason or economic theory, a simple explanation of gravity can't permeate a thick skull...

Old 06-01-2011, 11:02 AM

31,767 posts, read 29,028,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
On the contrary, I'm one of the ones who seen it coming for 6-7 years.. Hell, I remember watching the Congressional hearings with the GOP trying to warn about the oncoming bubble and the Democrats repeating over and over again that times were great, nothing needed done, no need to change anything, and hey, lets raise the minimum wage again because the economy is fabulous and it would absorb the increase...
I know about the hearings you're talking about, the opposition to opening up FM/FM backing to privateers. Whats new? Except the desire for going back to the good times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
As much as you wish it to be, to make your argument.
Federal jobs are much different than State job, where income tax payers are involved.

My state does not have an income tax to pay for State workers and we do alright.
Your state must be printing money. But thanks for letting me know that government jobs are just as good as private sector employment as long as those are state government jobs.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
of course they were great times for the country--and it's all the dems fault that it all went to s**t!!!! *cue rage and headbanging*

Nevermind reason or economic theory, a simple explanation of gravity can't permeate a thick skull...
nevermind reason, or economic theory? Thats EXACTLY what the Democrats have been doing for the last decade..

YouTube - ‪Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis‬‏

And where in gods earth did Democrats learn the failed economic theory that taking money out of the economy created real economic grwoth?

Old 06-01-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
I know about the hearings you're talking about, the opposition to opening up FM/FM backing to privateers. Whats new? Except the desire for going back to the good times?
So you know about the Democrats and their failed policies, their denial of the truth, their policies that were counter productive, their protection over the status quo, and you sit here attacking me, and of course the GOP because they failed? Give it a break.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:10 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,962,412 times
Quote:
When was such "Austrian economics" implemented in the US, or anywhere for that matter?
Really never. So in the United States we have:

Keynes: theoretically and pratically false, disproven and failed time and again

Austrian economics: partially proven true, theoretically sound.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:18 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,815,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Disagree with this. Austrian economics is the way to go. Keynesianism is both theoretically and practically false. It's been proven time and again.

That is hardly a dissertation of why Austrian economics is the way to go. Please explain how Austrian economics will bring the nation back to its economic Zenith, from its current situation, without things getting worse?

Old 06-01-2011, 11:20 AM

31,767 posts, read 29,028,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you know about the Democrats and their failed policies, their denial of the truth, their policies that were counter productive, their protection over the status quo, and you sit here attacking me, and of course the GOP because they failed? Give it a break.
No, I was talking about the tired old, baseless rhetoric you presented. But, in your defense, it was presented in a haste to cover up your previous argument that the economic disaster happened because the democrats had taken control just ten months before it really happened, something you saw coming (regardless) 6-7 years ago. Nice argument... represents you VERY well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Really never. So in the United States we have:

Keynes: theoretically and pratically false, disproven and failed time and again

Austrian economics: partially proven true, theoretically sound.
LOL, you're up to "partial" now. What was the other part?

Old 06-01-2011, 11:49 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,058,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I don't know why people continue to play these left right games. The bottom line is that no liberal policy and no conservative policy and no Keynesian and Austrian policies are going to change the fate of the American economy. Our standard of living, as Americans, has to contract about 20% to get our house of debt in order and make it labor rates more competitive to keep jobs on shore.

Just because Obama's policies are failing to bring back the good ole days does not logically imply that the policy of the opposition would do any better....given the circumstances.
I was talking to a guy in India the other day. In a joking way I asked him for some of our jobs back. He said that India is realizing that the current US infusion of "whatever" in their country is actually hurting it and that they may outsource some jobs to us. Lordy, Lordy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies