Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 02:44 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,570,938 times

Advertisements

Cop kills 8th grader

Quote:
Alvarado, who four times was on the cusp of being fired for insubordination, disobeyed a direct order on November 12. He falsified key details of the shooting in his official report. A 14-year-old boy was gunned down execution-style for the venial offense of engaging in an adolescent scuffle, and for compelling an overweight middle-aged badge-polisher to run a few hundred yards. According to the San Antonio Police Department, this is all perfectly acceptable: The department ruled that the murder of Derek Lopez was a “justified” shooting.
This is a result of your war on drugs and idiotic zero tolerance policies. The fact that this tax consuming parasite walks free is a result of this patriot act nonsense and the glorification of jackbooted thugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 08:54 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,961,323 times
I'm not certain how what appears to be a problem SRO who needed firing before this incident occured translates to bad government in general.

I think that is a failed reach OP.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:15 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,062,745 times
Wow really (http://www.ksat.com/news/25797958/detail.html - broken link)? The kid was assaulting some one (not quite a scuffle, he was kicking the crap out of some one...a violent felony as an adult), and ran when the officer identified himself and ordered him to stop. The cop chased the kid, and after identifying himself several times the kid kicked a shed door into the officers face and jumped at him.

Even basic logic tells people that if a person jumps a cop, that cop is going to defend themselves. A good number of cops have been jumped and end up going home in a box. It's rather hard to say how much of a threat some one is when they come lunging out of the dark into your face. They are human beings with families they want to come home to.

It is rather telling about bias from the crazy blog posted as reference that contains almost no actual facts and a massive number of ad hominems. Plus that the OP's location is "The occupied Southland", a rather fun neo-confederate militia term, where all law enforcement seem to be part of the vast conspiracy keeping people down.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:39 AM

45,244 posts, read 26,482,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Wow really (http://www.ksat.com/news/25797958/detail.html - broken link)? The kid was assaulting some one (not quite a scuffle, he was kicking the crap out of some one...a violent felony as an adult), and ran when the officer identified himself and ordered him to stop. The cop chased the kid, and after identifying himself several times the kid kicked a shed door into the officers face and jumped at him.

Even basic logic tells people that if a person jumps a cop, that cop is going to defend themselves. A good number of cops have been jumped and end up going home in a box. It's rather hard to say how much of a threat some one is when they come lunging out of the dark into your face. They are human beings with families they want to come home to.

It is rather telling about bias from the crazy blog posted as reference that contains almost no actual facts and a massive number of ad hominems. Plus that the OP's location is "The occupied Southland", a rather fun neo-confederate militia term, where all law enforcement seem to be part of the vast conspiracy keeping people down.
I have some swampland to sell you.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:16 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,831,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post

I still can't figure out how is not the crooks fault when they fight a man with a a badge and a gun... and loose.

I say good riddence, one less criminal for my tax money to support.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,730,980 times
Bad decisions and choices will get you every time. Another kid lost. Damn.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:09 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,570,938 times
Not surprised, mostly support for the costumed criminal from those worshipping at the altar of the state. I'd be embarrased to say that I was scared for my life from some 14 year old kid. But of course he's dead, so his side of the story doesn't matter much. I would expect that from the terrified bleeding heart liberals in the PNW, but Missouri usually has been a state where most still enjoy liberty and the presumtion of innocence until proven guilty. The fact that you have been convinced to live in fear, and therefore in dire need of a nanny state disappoints me.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:39 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,891,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Not surprised, mostly support for the costumed criminal from those worshipping at the altar of the state. I'd be embarrased to say that I was scared for my life from some 14 year old kid. But of course he's dead, so his side of the story doesn't matter much. I would expect that from the terrified bleeding heart liberals in the PNW, but Missouri usually has been a state where most still enjoy liberty and the presumtion of innocence until proven guilty. The fact that you have been convinced to live in fear, and therefore in dire need of a nanny state disappoints me.
There are plenty of 14 year old kids who can kick your butt up and down the street, and would gladly shoot you if they had the chance. Talking big behind a monitor doesn't impress anyone but yourself..
IOt would appear you don't have as much sympthy for the kid as you do hate for authority..
You have a problem and blaming everyone else who doesn't agree with your opinion just makes the fact more evident...!!

Old 05-26-2011, 06:17 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,701,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
A 15 year old shot a cop three times in DC last week. The death of a child is tragic, yes, but do not kid yourself that there aren't young hoodlums out there who will kill a man without thinking twice.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:36 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,062,745 times
I love it. I wonder how people reconcile the insane view points.

Liberals are too soft on criminals, no wait they use law enforcement to kill people.
Liberals are all poor and want to take everyone's money, except they are rich elites controlling everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies