Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support President Obama's push for a 2-state solution?
Yes 17 45.95%
No 13 35.14%
Don't care 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 02:37 PM

760 posts, read 686,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
Obama has been taught to hate Israel from his years in Indonesia to his 20 years in Rev Writes Church . I'm sure he thinks , "the American people will love me when I destroy Israel."
Do you honestly believe what you type?

and my answer on this poll: Don't care. I live in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 02:39 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,490,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Analog Man View Post
We need a president who doesn't cater to foreigners
I take it you are including Israel. Since we've been catering to them for over 60 years.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:40 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,289,501 times
Seven years ago the Congress and Senate passed statements saying Israel should stay with it's current borders. Today Hussein Obama sided with radical Islam in saying Israel should go back to indefensible 67 borders.
F Obama would be my response if I were Israel since those opposing Israel all have policies wanting all the Jews dead.
So Obama lost a ton of the Independents, a ton of the white vote and now ostracized all but the agnostic Jewish vote. He's on a role, always for the Musies.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:42 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,289,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I take it you are including Israel. Since we've been catering to them for over 60 years.
Israel has been the only solid ally and democracy in the Middle East for decades.
With Obama helping the Muslim Brotherhood take Egypt, maybe Jordan, Syria and other places, the Middle East will explode.

The expansion and enabling of Radical Islam, the Obama legacy along with doubling deficits.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:43 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,447,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

just send the invading 'palistinains' to where their country is....jordan
This is something I've never understood about this conversation. Why does Jordan never seem to come up as a player, in spite of the fact that a significant number of people calling themselves Palestinians are actually Jordanians. Not only that, Jordan has created as bad or worse living conditions for these people, treating them as refugees and consigning them to refugee camps. Why isn't Jordan being called on the carpet to allow them to repatriate and afford them the "right of return"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post

We have no right to force Israel to give back land that they were repeatedly attacked from. It is none of our business. If a Palestinian state is going to exist, they are going to have to win it for themselves. Palestine wasn't ever even a country that had self-determination. They want something that has never existed. They were always under the control of the Ottoman Empire until after WW1 (where the British then occupied it), until the Jews kicked the British out and won themselves a country.
While I agree with this wholeheartedly, we can't resolve this problem by looking backward, only forward. Israel was given the land by the country who controlled it, they fought to keep it and won. They were continuously attacked for that land and consistently won again. If only that was all that mattered, but it's not.

I think it's absurd to force Israel to go back to its original borders, but unless some kind of concessions are made somewhere, there will always be anger, hatred and war. I'd love more than anything for Jordan to step up to the plate and offer some concessions, as well, but that's unlikely to happen. So I say Israel concedes some of the occupied territories, keeps Jerusalem and builds a bigass wall around itself to keep the terrorists physically out once and for all.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:04 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,842,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Israel has been the only solid ally and democracy in the Middle East for decades.
If your baseline for greatness is the middle east...

Old 05-19-2011, 04:11 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,799,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If your baseline for greatness is the middle east...
Did he mention greatness? You even spit in the face of facts. The trolls are out in force today!

Old 05-20-2011, 09:24 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,490,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
We have a lot of "solid allies" who are not democracies.

And the reason Israel has been our "only solid ally"? Israel! If we had a foreign policy that made a lick of sense, we'd drop those goons and the surrounding countries would be falling over themselves to be our allies.

We get no oil from Israel and lots of enemies. Not a good bargain!

Old 05-20-2011, 09:52 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,842,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Did he mention greatness? You even spit in the face of facts. The trolls are out in force today!
I would find it hard to believe that people like you would be benchmarking Israel with anything but greatness. Or, if I replaced greatness with idiocy and crookedness, you would have no problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies