Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 02:19 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,390,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Technically if someone is physically intimidating you that means it's in person and that's not exactly cowardly is it? You keep talking about verbal threats but there are a few black members here on CD who claim they'll physically assault anyone who uses a negative term towards them...
As there are whites. I have been threatened by some trash and gave him a place to meet which he did not show. A person can be physically intimidating in person but be a coward at heart. Meaning he can be a huge man in person (physically intimidating) but when comes to the actual fighting he will have none of it (coward).

Old 05-16-2011, 05:55 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,451,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
there are a few black members here on CD who claim they'll physically assault anyone who uses a negative term towards them...
Thats what keeps "them" from bothering "us" Bunch of jive talk keeps them turkeys in line, ya dig?

Old 05-17-2011, 12:49 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,390,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Thats what keeps "them" from bothering "us" Bunch of jive talk keeps them turkeys in line, ya dig?
Especially if I had a big Angela Davis afro, with a black leather jacket, bellbottoms and some cool azz shades ........oh don't forget the afropick with the fist

Old 07-19-2011, 04:47 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,400,571 times
Black male slaves were not allowed to be educated or act "smart." Those who did were killed off. And today's population was hit extremely hard by the collapse of industry in many towns in America. So you have many black people who are poor, destitute, and poorly educated. Not good.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:52 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,266,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
And black males are noticeably missing in many sports (as notice in summer olympic venues) such as swimming, water polo, triathlon, cycling, soccer, volleyball, karate, climbing sports to name just a few.
In a word... winter.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:53 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,326,148 times
I think this topic is interesting because:

1. I see people wanting to discount black men in other sports. Yeah, hockey is predominantly white. However, if black youth had hockey as their major sport growing up, don't you think the playing field would be level or maybe the same situation as in the NBA and NFL. There's some insecurity being shown.

2. Science is science. Biology is biology. It is obvious that having humans in one region of the Earth is going to yield differences amongst us. For some reason, we tend to allow race to divide us when we discuss these things. Instead, we should just treat it as such: science. No social issues attached and no mental reservations. It's like Europe, let's take Iceland for example. They are really light and have fair features, but it's because they are so North. The physiology of those with African ancestry should be treated the same. Just science.

3. Race is just science.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:04 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,326,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

On the other hand most sports that require quick thinking and using your head are dominated by white males. Ex is the NFL QB position. Not many blacks have ever succeeded at it and it has been dominated forever by white males.

And not many all black male basketball teams when championships. Usually if they have a white guard running the show they do better. Not as a knock on the black males as MJ is my all time sports top performer who dominated the game like no other but they also had the white guards etc during their run.

What one male lacks the other has and visa versa.

We can go back and forth all day on this issue.

For me, playing college sports the black girls could play basketball and run track but were not worth a darn playing softball for some reason. White girls lacked the athletic abilities in basketball and had to make it up with other qualities.

Many black males can be very masculine but then when it comes to the brains some have big issues.

Many white males lack the physical attributes but make up for it with the brains needed to excel in their sport.

So the answer is no to the original question.

And the body builders who have won those contest I believe have again the traits or genes to an advantage on other races because their muscles are different for some reason. They are able to build them at a more rapid pace and I believe they is something different about the muscle structure as well but I will let a medical person here define that.
I wouldn't say that black men haven't been successful at QB. "Some" black males have issues when it comes to brains? As opposed to who? Does every group not have "some" that have issues with the brain? Also, the whole QB thing is because most young black males want the speed positions. Sitting in the pocket, waiting to pass wasn't as appealing as sprinting down the middle for a sack or sprinting down the sidelines and catching a touchdown. I think it is more about culture than intelligence.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:55 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,185,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I think this topic is interesting because:

1. I see people wanting to discount black men in other sports. Yeah, hockey is predominantly white. However, if black youth had hockey as their major sport growing up, don't you think the playing field would be level or maybe the same situation as in the NBA and NFL. There's some insecurity being shown.

2. Science is science. Biology is biology. It is obvious that having humans in one region of the Earth is going to yield differences amongst us. For some reason, we tend to allow race to divide us when we discuss these things. Instead, we should just treat it as such: science. No social issues attached and no mental reservations. It's like Europe, let's take Iceland for example. They are really light and have fair features, but it's because they are so North. The physiology of those with African ancestry should be treated the same. Just science.

3. Race is just science.
Quoted for truth.

People are so touchy when it comes to these types of subjects. I think it's funny when people tell us to celebrate our diversity and then those same people turn around and tell us to ignore our differences.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:58 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,567,340 times
Default Its gender not race

Men of all ethnicities and cultures are the epitiome of human masculinty. Why? Because they are men. Pitting groups against each other is just foolish. It is interesting that so many people fall for this ignorance.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:02 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,836,224 times
Wow! What a crazy thread!

I think subsaharan africans have higher levels of fast twitch fibers on average than most other folks, and are often muscular, so no surprise the are overrepresented in some explosive sports. And east africans have more slow twitch, and they dominate in distance running. Way cool. Africa, the cradle of humanity, has the highest genetic diversity. Are they the epitome of male masculinity? Sheesh, what a question?! Who the hell knows?
And is being masculine being physically strong or smart or a good husband and father or all of the above?

I am sure there are women who swoon for Denzel Washington, Fabio, Chow Yung Fat, Tobey Keith, and Woody Allen. They are all rocking the masculometer!

Last edited by Fiddlehead; 07-19-2011 at 06:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies