Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 10:21 PM

898 posts, read 827,796 times

Advertisements

Boy, all this sounds like you could be talking about Jugears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 11:02 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
I thought he was an honest, hard working, Christian, Libertarian, anti-spending, anti-big government, moralists, type of guy.
Libertarian? No, he is as crony corporatist as they come.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:12 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
oh whatever......turning ya back already huh,typical
It's natural not to support someone when they get exposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Libertarian? No, he is as crony corporatist as they come.
If Trump is a Libertarian, then the earth is flat. Libertarians don't believe in buying off state and local politicians to condemn and acquire private property through eminent domain for personal gain. Libertarians don't believe in eminent domain at all, because it goes against property rights, which is one of the cornerstones of Libertarianism.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:20 PM

401 posts, read 473,727 times
All parties should agree that Trump is a COMPLETE waste of out time. He is an entertainer. Lets try to focus on real issues. He will fall away.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:23 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog32 View Post
All parties should agree that Trump is a COMPLETE waste of out time. He is an entertainer. Lets try to focus on real issues. He will fall away.
We can only hope. I hope ROn Paul wins big. He's already won the SC strawpoll, another win in the bag for him

Old 04-17-2011, 11:31 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Republicans are going to self destruct between the freaks and tea party loons.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:44 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I remember when that happened........ it sickened me and I have never forgotten it.

Doesn't Trump have enough?

He should have left that poor woman alone.

I still get pi**ed when I think about it.
do you get pi**ed when you think about

Obama says he initiated and led efforts that thrust Altgeld's asbestos problem into the headlines, pushing city officials to call hearings and a reluctant housing authority to start a cleanup.

But others tell the story much differently.

They say Obama did not play the singular role in the asbestos episode that he portrays in the best-selling memoir "Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance." Credit for pushing officials to deal with the cancer-causing substance, according to interviews and news accounts from that period, also goes to a well-known preexisting group at Altgeld Gardens and to a local newspaper called the Chicago Reporter. Obama does not mention either one in his book.

"Just because someone writes it doesn't make it true," said longtime Altgeld resident Hazel Johnson, who worked with Obama on the asbestos campaign and had been pushing for a variety of environmental cleanups years before he arrived.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-obamaorganize19-2007feb19,0,6545664.story

Old 04-18-2011, 12:00 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
I remember that story but the year seems way off to me. I thought it was much earlier than the 90s.

But this is the kind of "git 'er done" Trump history that will appeal to people:

"A similar opportunity would arise in the city's attempt to restore the Wollman Rink in Central Park, a project started in 1980 with an expected 2½-year construction schedule that was still, with $12 million spent, nowhere near completion in 1986. Trump offered to take over the job at no charge to the city, an offer that was initially rebuffed until it received much local media attention. Trump was given the job which he completed in six months and with $750,000 of the $3 million budgeted for the project left over."

Donald Trump - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-18-2011, 12:03 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Trump is smart enough to completely eliminate the middle class. There will be no one making between 60K or 70K up to 500K to a million.
A few will make multi-millions to hundreds of millions, and 99.5% will be making 20 - 25K a year, no pensions, no health care. He has has so much money for so long, and as exhibited in how he treats people, he just doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself and his rich friends.

But right now the only thing that seems to have his very expensive boxers in a bunch is Obama's birth certificate, something that doesn't matter now, but shows the selfish self centered "donald" mentality, of me me me me.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:54 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Trump is smart enough to completely eliminate the middle class.
And why would he wanna do that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies