Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Is Your Opinion Of The Tea Party's Performance So Far?
Strongly Disapprove 113 48.50%
Disapprove 16 6.87%
Neutral 12 5.15%
Approve 24 10.30%
Strongly Approve 68 29.18%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 01:20 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,880,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Allen west would have been fine running as a republican but when he aligned with a group hell bent on destroying a black man for having the nerve to become POTUS he lost all credibility with a large number of blacks......not that he cares.
But he didn't align himself with Democrats at all, what are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
There are plenty of positive role models for Black Americans to emulate. The fact you think that Allen West as a singular example of anything with regards to Black Americans shows just how little about Black Americans and the levels of success a number of Black Americans have achieved.

Allen West was field grade Army officer. I could IMMEDIATELY point out 20 to 30 Black American current and former military officers with careers that are more distinguished than Allen West's career.
I'm pretty sure you just attacked your own comment. LOL

Old 03-15-2011, 01:23 PM

72 posts, read 193,877 times
A Lexus I agree with you completely. Worthless morons, if they continue, they should not bother to even try to get 2012

Old 03-15-2011, 01:24 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,554,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
But he didn't align himself with Democrats at all, what are you talking about?
Oh so you got jokes.......

Old 03-15-2011, 01:25 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,332,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Allen west would have been fine running as a republican but when he aligned with a group hell bent on destroying a black man for having the nerve to become POTUS he lost all credibility with a large number of blacks......not that he cares.
Allen West will join a long line of Black Americans that joined the Republican Party to get used ("See we have one") and then get discarded when they have served their purpose. I give you Colin Powell, Richard Steele, Condelezza Rice, and J.C. Watts as recent examples of Black American Republicans that basically got used and discarded by the Republican Party once they served their purposes.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelamb3 View Post
A Lexus I agree with you completely. Worthless morons, if they continue, they should not bother to even try to get 2012
Based on a lot of left wing idiots here on CD the Tea Party disappeared back in 2010 anyway so there's nothing to worry about right?

Old 03-15-2011, 01:27 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,554,446 times
Quote:
Allen West will join a long line of Black Americans that joined the Republican Party to get used ("See we have one") and then get discarded when they have served their purpose. I give you Colin Powell, Richard Steele, Condelezza Rice, and J.C. Watts as recent examples of Black American Republicans that basically got used and discarded by the Republican Party once they served their purposes.
Correct.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
How is this any different than the millions of black Americans who joined the Democrat party to get used ("See how many voters we have") and then get discarded once they've served their purpose (votes)?

Old 03-15-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
And you're basing this opinion on what?
The fact I LIVE in the Midwest and I talk to peoiple in the Midwest.

The Republicans just have no idea what they started. Also keep in mind historically states in the Midwest with the exception of Indiana are typcially swing states. In other words the Republicans can't win these states with Republican voters alone.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
How is this any different than the millions of black Americans who joined the Democrat party to get used ("See how many voters we have") and then get discarded once they've served their purpose (votes)?
Because Black Americans have made both polticial and economic gains with the Democratic Party in the last 50 years.

And why should Black Amercians support the Republican Party when this is very much a fundamental part of their political strategy?

Quote:
Atwater on the Southern Strategy

As a member of the Reagan administration in 1981, Atwater gave an anonymous interview to Political Scientist Alexander P. Lamis. Part of this interview was printed in Lamis' book The Two-Party South, then reprinted in Southern Politics in the 1990s with Atwater's name revealed. Bob Herbert reported on the interview in the 6 October 2005 edition of the New York Times. Atwater talked about the GOP's Southern Strategy and Ronald Reagan's version of it:

Atwater: As to the whole Southern strategy that Harry S. Dent, Sr. and others put together in 1968, opposition to the Voting Rights Act would have been a central part of keeping the South. Now [the new Southern Strategy of Ronald Reagan] doesn’t have to do that. All you have to do to keep the South is for Reagan to run in place on the issues he's campaigned on since 1964 and that's fiscal conservatism, balancing the budget, cut taxes, you know, the whole cluster.

Questioner: But the fact is, isn't it, that Reagan does get to the Wallace voter and to the racist side of the Wallace voter by doing away with legal services, by cutting down on food stamps?

Atwater: You start out in 1954 by saying, "N****r, n****r, n****r." By 1968 you can't say "n****r" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "N****r, n****r."[6][7]

The Tea Party is just a national version of the Southern Strategy.

Last edited by JazzyTallGuy; 03-15-2011 at 01:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies