Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 11:49 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,648,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If we are going to break up unions...
No one is breaking up unions against their collective will, because only the unions themselves can vote to break up (or decertify, as it's called). They still exist, some without collective bargaining, but they still exist. For the sake of maintaining some semblance of credibility, I'd suggest you try figuring out what actually is and isn't happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 11:49 AM

9,892 posts, read 10,834,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If we are going to break up unions, why don't we break up corporations while we are at it?

Make it where a company is owned by a single person, or a partnership, not a group of people that are not accountable. Show me the money over all else.

Where the only stockholders meeting is you either buy or sell your trust and that is the only say in how things are done at the company.
When the corporation is owned and run by the Government you are absolutely right .Lets break up the USPS, Amtrack and any other government run entity.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:50 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,043,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
You just nailed the root cause of the differences between the factions.

Some people do not recognize that an exchange of money for goods and services is not a gift. Many of these same people think that jobs are a form of charity, instead of an exchange of skills valued by an employer, for a wage.

The only source of security is to be valuable to the rest of society. Skills, productivity, attitude, work habits are the primary determinants of compensation, not the presence or absence of a union.

Translation = obey your masters!

Who controls the money supply in the USA? Answer that question first before you spout of your economic mumbo jumbo. It's about control.........it has nothing to do with any of the aspects you regurgitate. If capitalism existed in the USA and we had a free market there wouldn't be 1% of the population holding more wealth than the bottom 90%.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:54 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,986,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If we are going to break up unions, why don't we break up corporations while we are at it?

Make it where a company is owned by a single person, or a partnership, not a group of people that are not accountable. Show me the money over all else.

Where the only stockholders meeting is you either buy or sell your trust and that is the only say in how things are done at the company.
What we need is a fundamental change in the US economy. We need to stop this debt based economy that centralizes and concentrates power and wealth into the hands of a privileged few. I see posters on here and hear people in everyday life blame this on "capitalism." What is driving America and the world off a cliff is not capitalism, it's corporatism. It's not a fair game where the best wins, it's a sham where the rules of the game are rigged so the same elite win over and over again while the rest of us continually lose.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
What we need is a fundamental change in the US economy. We need to stop this debt based economy that centralizes and concentrates power and wealth into the hands of a privileged few. I see posters on here and hear people in everyday life blame this on "capitalism." What is driving America and the world off a cliff is not capitalism, it's corporatism. It's not a fair game where the best wins, it's a sham where the rules of the game are rigged so the same elite win over and over again while the rest of us continually lose.

Yes but the fundamental problem is how "Money" is created in the USA. Our entire money supply is created by a conglomerate of private banks. That is the problem. Nothing will change and no President or politician will ever be able to initiate the necessary changes unless we take back our money supply like our founding father's envisioned. The people have the power and the right to create their own money, not a bunch of private banks called the Federal Reserve. And that is why we will never pay off the debt. It's a scam. We will forever be indebted to the banker who control our money supply.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:02 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,986,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Yes but the fundamental problem is how "Money" is created in the USA. Our entire money supply is created by a conglomerate of private banks. That is the problem. Nothing will change and no President or politician will ever be able to initiate the necessary changes unless we take back our money supply like our founding father's envisioned. The people have the power and the right to create their own money, not a bunch of private banks called the Federal Reserve. And that is why we will never pay off the debt. It's a scam. We will forever be indebted to the banker who control our money supply.
That's what I meant when I said "fundamental change." We need to abolish the Federal Reserve.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:19 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,416,209 times
Quote:
Translation = obey your masters!
I am my own master. Our economic system is sufficiently free that virtually anyone can do the same.

To the original poster, how much would a car cost if there were no large-scale enterprises? Would anyone be building CAT scanners in their little shop? How much railroad track could one person run?

Here is the miracle of the modern corporation: I am not wealthy by any measure, but I own a percentage interest in two of the world's largest oil companies, the world's largest retailer, the finest off-shore oil driller, a number of industrial concerns, a personal products company,a large entertainment company, etc.

It amuses me to no end to know that I make a little money every time you brush your teeth or buy gasoline.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
That's what I meant when I said "fundamental change." We need to abolish the Federal Reserve.
Exactly! But it will never happen unless we get someone like Ron Paul in office. Hell I don't even think there is anyone else running that even talks about abolishing the Fed.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I am my own master. Our economic system is sufficiently free that virtually anyone can do the same.

LMAO! Sure thing........... I want what you're smoking tough guy!

Old 03-12-2011, 12:32 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,416,209 times
Quote:
LMAO! Sure thing........... I want what you're smoking tough guy!
You probably also want what I'm driving, what I'm living in, the fine meals I enjoy, the beaches I frequent, the entertainment and travel...but you'll have to be sufficiently valuable to the rest of society to earn it for yourself. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

My taxes will provide you with government housing so you won't freeze to death, and food stamps so you won't starve to death. If you want better, go ahead and earn it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies