Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 04:21 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,388,191 times

Advertisements

Other countries begin to react, interact with Libyan rebel forces. USA still quiet, letting others lead.

France24 - France formally recognises Libyan rebels' authority
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 04:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,933,857 times
Then frances needs to act instead of saying what others need to do like always. I would bet like always with france its all talk and nothing else.One of the probelms is as some in Libya said the rebels don't veen have identifable leadership.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:49 PM

I think we should stay out of it, personally. We're already over-involved in the middle east. I think Hillary Clinton thinks we should follow others on this issue.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:54 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,372,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Other countries begin to react, interact with Libyan rebel forces. USA still quiet, letting others lead.

France24 - France formally recognises Libyan rebels' authority
I am sure you read this :
Quote:
The Italian foreign minister, Franco Frattini, underlined the point by saying that that Italy "will not participate in air strikes on Libyan territory”.
Italy, Libya’s former colonial power, is Tripoli’s main European trading partner, importing about 25 percent of its oil and 12 percent of its gas from the North African nation.
Translation :" One fourth of our oil comes from there but we won't lift a finger we are waiting for the dumb Americans to go over there and break things and then nation build. Why should it cost us money when we have the U S as friends".
That is what it is all about the other countries are waiting for us to lead and start bombing and get our troops on the ground. I think it is a good thing that we are mostly silent and I wish Obama would tell the Euros that it is time for them to "get some skin in the game". It is more of their problem then ours.
What do you think we should do?

Old 03-10-2011, 04:59 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,963,723 times
France would be a good partner in air strikes. They have large North African immigrant population, nobody likes them anyways, and their land bases are within striking distance of Libya - no need for a carrier fleet.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I am sure you read this :

Translation :" One fourth of our oil comes from there but we won't lift a finger we are waiting for the dumb Americans to go over there and break things and then nation build. Why should it cost us money when we have the U S as friends".
That is what it is all about the other countries are waiting for us to lead and start bombing and get our troops on the ground. I think it is a good thing that we are mostly silent and I wish Obama would tell the Euros that it is time for them to "get some skin in the game". It is more of their problem then ours.
What do you think we should do?

I agree with you. Let someone else do the world-policing. On the other hand, we did take out Sadam and Ghadafi is arguably crazier. We don't have a dog in this fight, unless it is oil, so let the EU handle it.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:39 PM

20,350 posts, read 19,956,127 times
We've been criticized enough for playing "the word's policeman" it so let the Euros, China, Russia or whomever take on the role and show how it's supposed to be done.

They're big boys and girls.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:52 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,044,026 times
Are you people STUPID! My god............America needs to STAY THE 'F" out of this fiasco! I mean the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results. Oh yeah France wants to intervene......of course they do..............along with the UK and America the trifecta of world power has been toppling governments and installing dictators for 50+ years. Libya will be another Iran if we meddle in their affairs. Hell why we are at it let's go into Saudia Arabia. The US military is at a breaking point. Our boys are sick and tired of war.............bring them home. USA needs to sit this one out. Our country is dead effing broke! Who's going to pay for this? France? UK? China? NATO? UN? Yeah right!

The FED is injecting $4 billion dollars into the economy daily since November 2010 and all our government can talk about is more war and stopping bullying! Haha and the American people cheerlead these idiots in government. We will get what we deserve with idiots running this country and the lemmings and sheep egging them on!

Old 03-10-2011, 05:54 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,044,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
We've been criticized enough for playing "the word's policeman" it so let the Euros, China, Russia or whomever take on the role and show how it's supposed to be done.

They're big boys and girls.
The Chinese. haha they don't give a crap about anyone but themselves and good for them for being so selfish. It's what we need to do! the UK is broke and France is broke as well! And they are talking about war? LMAO! Morons!

Old 03-10-2011, 05:57 PM

1,120 posts, read 1,213,192 times
If we are broke enough to bust unions, we are definitely too broke to fight foreign wars. Stay out of Libya and immediately leave Iraq and Afghanistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies