Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 05:12 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,898,261 times

Advertisements

Autistic man with 37 restraining orders sues H.B. police | rogers, court, lawsuit - News - The Orange County Register This guy sounds like a real winner, he has 37 restraining orders against him, has filed numerous lawsuits against his neighbors and tries to "look" into children's bedrooms. Has prior kidnapping,assault and lewd acts on his record.

Films his neighbors and posts the videos on Youtube and finds otherways to harrass people. Now he's suing the Huntington Beach Police Dept.

Eventually he's going to mess with the wrong person or someone's going to get fed up dealing with this guy legally and take matters into their own hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 05:19 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,418,049 times
What is the controversy here?

Old 03-03-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
What is the controversy here?
How this supposed "disabled' man is able to continue to play his games with the legal system and those around him.

He should be put away in a mental institution or prison instead of being able to continue to waste the Public and the City's time and resources.

Have you read the other links in the story?

Old 03-03-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
How this supposed "disabled' man is able to continue to play his games with the legal system and those around him.

He should be put away in a mental institution or prison instead of being able to continue to waste the Public and the City's time and resources.

Have you read the other links in the story?
Oh, "supposed 'disabled'" and "put away in a mental institution", I get where you are coming from now.

I did read the article and clicked a couple of the links and so nothing to suggest that he wasn't disabled.

Disabled people should be treated just like anyone else under the law.

It sounds like a living arrangement with more support would be beneficial to him.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Oh, "supposed 'disabled'" and "put away in a mental institution", I get where you are coming from now.

I did read the article and clicked a couple of the links and so nothing to suggest that he wasn't disabled.

Disabled people should be treated just like anyone else under the law.

It sounds like a living arrangement with more support would be beneficial to him.
If his disability affects the way he interacts with people adversely and the meds he's on doesn't help then without an ideal living arrangement and/or help then his neighbors should have to "live" with the problems he causes?

It seems that this individual's actions can't be explained away entirely by his "disabilities".

I do agree with you that most disabled people should be given help and assistance when possible and this guy is extreme. Some of his actions are probably not related to his disability and he uses it as an excuse for his personal flaws.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:01 PM

Are you discussing this with me or some imaginary adversary?

Quote:
If his disability affects the way he interacts with people adversely and the meds he's on doesn't help then without an ideal living arrangement and/or help then his neighbors should have to "live" with the problems he causes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok
Quote:
It seems that this individual's actions can't be explained away entirely by his "disabilities".
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok
Disabled people should be treated just like anyone else under the law

Old 03-03-2011, 06:12 PM

I just posed a few questions on a forum for whomever, BTW I don't see someone who disagrees with me as an adversary, just someone with a different viewpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies