Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 09:25 AM

3,189 posts, read 5,006,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
I seem to remember that that was Bill Clinton's precise policy in Rwanda. And that worked out real well.

Not to mention the war in the former Yugoslavia!

That was ONE case where it truly was a European problem that they should have handled on their own. Nothing about that conflict had anything to do with American interests.

I wasn't in favour of getting involved.

But the MOMENT our military was committed to it, I FULLY backed them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 09:28 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,753,933 times
The more significant story is not that Reuters reported that Libyan rebel(s) were calling for help from Bush but that Reuters later redacted the story to remove that fact. Too embarassing to Obama, perhaps?

Old 03-04-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
The more significant story is not that Reuters reported that Libyan rebel(s) were calling for help from Bush but that Reuters later redacted the story to remove that fact. Too embarassing to Obama, perhaps?

Yeah..I noticed that too.

Those that said it was only "one soldier" should be aware that the guy that called for Bush was actually the VP of the new rebel government.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:59 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,230,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
I work for a living...no pension or SS here!

I worked in steel mills to pay for my own college. I then served my Country. And I returned to the workforce where I still am.

I wonder what YOUR vast contributions to society have been?

Bush certainly was paying down the deficit at a faster pace than the experts said it could be done. 52 Months of growth, full-employment, and record revenues.

No one's advocating "policing the world", but lending a hand to some people who seek democracy!

You are probably too ignorant of history to know that without another nation's helping hand, the USA wouldn't have won it's fight for democracy either.

there are none so blind as those who will not see. open your eyes and wake up.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
there are none so blind as those who will not see. open your eyes and wake up.
Translation: "I've got nothing"

Figures.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Funny you should say that. The reason that Middle East oil is so important is because enviroMENTALists in this country have made us dependent on that commodity by restricting our ability to develop domestic energy sources. You can't have it both ways.
while i support drilling here, you cannot blame our dependence on oil on the environmentalists. our dependence on oil stems directly from all the govt subsidies, both indirect and direct, to the oil industry.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
I seem to remember that that was Bill Clinton's precise policy in Rwanda. And that worked out real well.

yup, bill clinton was a moron for his nation building. bush was also a moron for his nation building. obama is a moron for continuing bush's policies. if he goes into libya, he will be the moron in chief! we need to mind our own ****ing business!

Old 03-04-2011, 10:09 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,262,640 times
Libyan Rebels Cry Out For Help....From BUSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
The Libyan opposition is calling out for George H. Bush to come to their rescue Reuters (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110303/wl_nm/us_libya_protests - broken link) reported.

I guess they know better than to think there's any chance of getting help from the "Procrastinator-in-Chief" Obama.
I tend to agree with this one soldier. We should send Bush to Libya to "rescue" them, in fact I even suggest giving Mr. Bush a M1 tank so he doesn't have to walk.

After all Libya is one country that won't charge him with war crimes so he should feel right at home, other than a lack of brush to burn.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Who will be responsible for maintaining a NO-FLY zone? How about a coalition of the willing? Obama has been so successful in making the U.S. beloved throughout the world it should be a snap for him to persuade our friends to share the burden.

i really don't see what the big deal is about libya. i really just don't get why you and your ilk want to poke your nose into everyone's business. i really just don't get it. were you bullied as a child or something? this bloodlust you have is quite disturbing

Old 03-04-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Semper Fi, Jarhead.
get a room, it's legal now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies