Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 09:01 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,141,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
The hatefest from the left continues unabated. Sick, sick, sick.
Obviously you disappove, along with painting everyone that disagrees with you as "left."

Why do you think the criticism she receives is invalid?

Let's talk about that, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 09:05 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,263,450 times
There is no way that Bachmann wins the Republican nomination and absolutely NO WAY she wins a national election.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:11 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,821,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
There is no way that Bachmann wins the Republican nomination and absolutely NO WAY she wins a national election.
I think that's a given. Which is why she should stop getting so much attention IMO.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:11 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,850,990 times
When did I ever imply I hated Ms. Bachmann? I think she is typical of the Right wing but I do not hate her.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:40 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,095,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
There are a lot of intelligent Republican women who currently hold office and are enjoying a long career. It would be nice if any one of them would speak out after they hear something this ridiculously stupid and proclaim it as ridiculously stupid. If these nutjobs like Bachmann and Palin got shot down by the women in their own party often enough, perhaps eventually their supporters would see them for the morons they are and start looking for actual smart women to represent them instead of idiotic big-mouth attention hos.

Unfortunately, seems you may give too much credit for rational thinking to the supporters of Bachmann and Palin. Seems most Republicans are scared to death of those crazy tea party folks.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:44 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,141,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Unfortunately, seems you may give too much credit for rational thinking to the supporters of Bachmann and Palin. Seems most Republicans are scared to death of those crazy tea party folks.
I certainly hope so.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:47 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,095,010 times
Quote:
Is "hatefest" the chosen word-of-the-month by the right wing blogs? LOL You guys are using it so much that it has no "sting" anymore, nor does it have any real meaning. Consult your dictionaries. Two other enormously over used words in politics are "sad," and "sick."

"Hate" takes a lot of energy. I can't imagine people really putting enough energy into the absurdities constantly put out by Palin and Bachmann to actually "hate" those women. They both just silly "girls" doing the "good ole boys'" work out there.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:13 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,176,607 times
Quote:
No, sorry, unlike Repugs I don't hate anyone....I know that is hard for repugs to understand because they only have 3 emotions-hate, anger, and hate.

Now, either show where anyone said they hated Bachmann or why you think that disliking someone who wants to SCREW our Veterans is wrong.

Do you agree with B-Bachmann funding for veterans should be cut?

C'mon, be the FIRST Republican to condemn that vile, disgusting SICK act.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:30 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,450,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

I think she is typical of the Right wing but I do not hate her.
I don't think she's typical of the Right wing at all. I think she's an outlier. And I thank whatever deity for that every day. If she were truly representative, we'd be in a world of hurt in this country -- even more so than we currently are.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:32 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,821,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Just being Tea Party is not the problem to me. A lot of them seem to be all about deficit reduction and whatnot, so fine. I don't have a problem with that. It's that Bachman has a penchant for saying things that sound good but make no real sense, but she still gets the spotlight. Eh. But she's not going anywhere, so I might as well just set my phasers to "ignore" and get it over with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies