Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:05 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,471,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I seem to recall Skippy doing a few intros to the NFL games last season. He has also thrown (can you call it "throw") out the first pitch in a few baseball games. What exactly is the problem? He seems to want his face in front of people.

My only question is if O'Reilly will have the guts to actually ask him the hard questions.
And he throws like a girl!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 12:08 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,471,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If he is the "alpha male", Megan Kelley puts him in his place all the time.
If Fox wanted GREAT ratings for the SB interview, they should have had Megan Kelly interview 'Skippy'!!! She is one determined chick!!!

Old 02-03-2011, 12:09 PM

9,154 posts, read 5,831,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
But, regardless of the two involved, and their mutual gain by this venture, do we really need to inject politics into the superbowl game?
NO!
The Superbowl is not an appropriate venue for politics.
(but it is a sure way to reach a big audience.)
When did this start? Did other Presidents do this?
I usually watch games delayed anyway,
so I can FF through commercials and halftime.
I'll be FFing through the interview, too.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:03 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,085,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I "get" why O'Reilly is interviewing Obama during the superbowl. Fox has no national news shows like ABC, NBC or CBS so they have to pull in a name from the Fox News Channel to do the interview. And, of course it's good for Fox News business to promote O'Reilly's show when so many people are watching.

I also "get" why Obama is doing the interview. With all of those people eyeballing the game, O'Reilly's tendency to interview obnoxiously (talking over people, making himself the focus of the interview, overdoing the Alpha Male bit, etc.--- and I watch him all the time, I just cringe at his interviewing technique) will make Obama look good in comparison especially to the uninformed masses that don't have cable. Where else can you get so many people watching you (and watching you sympathetically in comparison to O'Reilly's personality) than the superbowl?

But, regardless of the two involved, and their mutual gain by this venture, do we really need to inject politics into the superbowl game?
I would think not....Superbowl Sunday has become such an American tradition that we don't need anything to interfer with the 4 hours we enjoy each Feb.

Nita

Old 02-03-2011, 02:11 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,540,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
If Fox wanted GREAT ratings for the SB interview, they should have had Megan Kelly interview 'Skippy'!!! She is one determined chick!!!
Skippy! lol.
Why is he called this? I never did figure this out?

Old 02-03-2011, 02:17 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,900,426 times
I wonder if Obama will explain to Bill O, what causes tides to come in and go out.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:22 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,755,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I think it's a very ballsy move and will shut up many critics. Unlike the Palins and Beck's that hide behind fox news' skirt, Obama is going on the most watched event of the year, and being interviewed by O'Reilly, fox's #1 guy. Obama's isn't going for some safe, fluff interview. He's going straight to the jugular of the fox news hate machine and likely gives O'Reilly and fox news a complete spanking on national tv

No one watched Barry's "State of the Union" speech so he is trying to ride O'Reilly's ratings coat tails.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:27 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,843,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
No one watched Barry's "State of the Union" speech so he is trying to ride O'Reilly's ratings coat tails.
Obama is the president of the united states. Bill "I paid millions to keep my sexual harassment charges secret" O'Reilly is nothing more than a cable news commentator.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:35 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,598,954 times
Quote:
Obama is the president of the united states. Bill "I paid millions to keep my sexual harassment charges secret" O'Reilly is nothing more than a cable news commentator.
So?

He has made a disgrace of the title POTUS and disgraced and ruined this Country. He neither deserves, nor receives respect.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:39 PM

24,522 posts, read 33,401,797 times
Quote:
I think it's a very ballsy move and will shut up many critics. Unlike the Palins and Beck's that hide behind fox news' skirt, Obama is going on the most watched event of the year, and being interviewed by O'Reilly, fox's #1 guy. Obama's isn't going for some safe, fluff interview. He's going straight to the jugular of the fox news hate machine and likely gives O'Reilly and fox news a complete spanking on national tv
Fox News hate machine? You must be watching a different Fox News than I!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies