Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 03:24 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,479,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
What are the chances that Loughner pleads insanity due to "national vitriolic discourse"? How can any normal 22 year-old resist the urge to kill multiple people with so much angry rhetoric going around?
I'll bet the lefties are just salivating over the thought of that. Right wing rhetoric on trial. Wow!

But seriously, does anyone think this is a possibility? I do.
No. I bet Jared Loughner is nowhere near a television, cannot conceptualize what a television does and probably thinks that it's receiving some coded messages from planet Xenon.

They've already tried this with Heavy Metal music when back in the 80's kids were committing suicide or killing their family members and their defense was the music made them do it.

No way. Not a remote chance ever.

http://www.newsweek.com/2000/12/03/h...murder-by.html

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...54C0A966958260
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 03:26 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,535,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Sure and the good sheriff has helped make a case for him.

Rather than gather facts, the sheriff assumed.
Isn't Sheriff Dupnik Providing Loughner A Defense?

Sheriff Dupnik’s Culpability | Hennessy's View

Funny how the Feds have not enacted a gag order yet

Old 01-11-2011, 03:28 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,429,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
What are the chances that Loughner pleads insanity due to "national vitriolic discourse"? How can any normal 22 year-old resist the urge to kill multiple people with so much angry rhetoric going around?
I'll bet the lefties are just salivating over the thought of that. Right wing rhetoric on trial. Wow!

But seriously, does anyone think this is a possibility? I do.
Heres the thing.

I understand that people went after rap music for being to violent, and promoting violent, right? Remember Republicans and Democrats alike attacked music in the 80's and 90's.

But music doesn't tell you to do something. Music is just an outlet for your feelings. If I hear a song saying that suicide is painless, I'm not going to commit suicide.

Politicians, on the other hand, are leaders.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"

These words were a call to all Americans to pitch in and help out. These words were about actions, because they were from a politician.

So when someone says "Don't retreat, reload", it has meaning to it. Now I don't think that Mrs. Palin had anything to do with Loughner or his acts. I feel that he would have committed those acts regardless of the rhetoric that was being thrown around.

But for Gods sake, our leaders should know that using gun language in speeches is an irresponsible and stupid thing to do. Sarah Palin reminds me of my grandfather, outspoken and poor vocabulary skills. Thats why she is a lousy politician unless someone else is writing for her.

I can say I disagree with someone without using words that can be misused by anyone to commit violent acts, I would think that our leaders can do the same.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:29 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,833,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Nope. He will die in Arizona. Maybe in Cali or some other lefty he could pull this off but in Arizona he will get the death penalty.
His attorney will make that motion, nonetheless. And he'll be facing the federal charges first.

It depends on whether he is in fact found to be incompetent to stand trial.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:30 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,479,250 times
Besides, this guy had a thing out for this politician.

He harassed her for many years before he finally flipped his wig.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:36 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,535,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

It depends on whether he is in fact found to be incompetent to stand trial.
Along with Sheriff Dupnik who has helped the defense
with this issue by his statements and misguided opinions

Old 01-11-2011, 03:41 PM

14,488 posts, read 11,310,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Heres the thing.

I understand that people went after rap music for being to violent, and promoting violent, right? Remember Republicans and Democrats alike attacked music in the 80's and 90's.

But music doesn't tell you to do something. Music is just an outlet for your feelings. If I hear a song saying that suicide is painless, I'm not going to commit suicide.

Politicians, on the other hand, are leaders.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"

These words were a call to all Americans to pitch in and help out. These words were about actions, because they were from a politician.

So when someone says "Don't retreat, reload", it has meaning to it. Now I don't think that Mrs. Palin had anything to do with Loughner or his acts. I feel that he would have committed those acts regardless of the rhetoric that was being thrown around.

But for Gods sake, our leaders should know that using gun language in speeches is an irresponsible and stupid thing to do. Sarah Palin reminds me of my grandfather, outspoken and poor vocabulary skills. Thats why she is a lousy politician unless someone else is writing for her.

I can say I disagree with someone without using words that can be misused by anyone to commit violent acts, I would think that our leaders can do the same.
The people being blamed for this are not leaders.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:43 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,746,607 times
I would say that Obama made him do it. This is the SECOND time an American citizen has attacked members of the government under his watch.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:45 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,833,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Along with Sheriff Dupnik who has helped the defense
with this issue by his statements and misguided opinions
Well--psychological evalutions of him by several psychiatrists will determine whether he'll be found competent or otherwise to stand trial.

If he is found competent to stand trial...I wouldn't look for much on the part of the defense to try to "blame" Palin or anyone else, unless they find a clear personal connection between the two.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:47 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,549,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I would say that Obama made him do it. This is the SECOND time an American citizen has attacked members of the government under his watch.

soooo by your rational its a Presidents fault whenever an American Citizen attacks another American Citizen? Well Damn...Every President since the establishment of America is at fault. Who knew
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies