Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 06:59 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,363,371 times

Advertisements

Just remember your the ones who have to change and deal with it but nobody is forcing this on you and God forbid if you have your own opinion, oh no i mentioned God I'm probably going to PC jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 09:44 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
And there is the root of the problem. "I have no problem with gays, except I have a problem with gays."

I *know* gays are already showering with straights. *IF* they are going to "sneak a peek", they are already doing it. Allowing them the dignity of not having to lie/hide is not going to change whether or not they decide to check you out. If anything, an "outed" gay person is probably LESS likely to check you out, knowing that you'll likely be on the look out for that activity.

Then what is the point to segregating showers by gender?

Shouldn't showers be segregated by sexual interest. Gay males should shower with heterosexual females and gay females should shower with heterosexual males. That way no one's privacy is violated.

Seems ridiculous doesn't it?

Well, it is. And so is not segregating openly gay service members. Forcing strait service members to shower with openly serving gays is a violation of their privacy and disrespectful to the strait person, but liberals don't care about that. They have no respect for heterosexual service members who don't tow the liberal line and have always hated the military.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:48 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,405,478 times
LOL I don't hate the military. I served, in fact. Thanks for the wildly innaccurate assumption, though!

I'm sure white soldiers didn't want to shower with black soldiers when the military was desegregated, either. Should we have left that policy in tact, as well?

Old 12-19-2010, 09:50 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
You know that will be next. Give them an inch and they take a mile. Gays in the military should be segregated from straights in housing, bathrooms and showers, as women are segregated from the men.

Known gays have no place in the military. The military has a hard enough task defending the nation. There is no reason for them to made the subject of the left's social engineering experiments.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:15 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,989,013 times
Well this is a good way to bring back the draft.

A bit of history.

Rome fell when gay became okay. The military was weakened. The culture disolved into sensualism.

America forgot this little tid bit. We are next to fall.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:24 AM

2,304 posts, read 2,965,659 times
And if this isn't the dumbest take on the fall of Rome! Gibbon labored in vain.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:25 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,351,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Shouldn't showers be segregated by sexual interest. Gay males should shower with heterosexual females and gay females should shower with heterosexual males. That way no one's privacy is violated.

Seems ridiculous doesn't it?

Well, it is. And so is not segregating openly gay service members. Forcing strait service members to shower with openly serving gays is a violation of their privacy and disrespectful to the strait person, but liberals don't care about that. They have no respect for heterosexual service members who don't tow the liberal line and have always hated the military.
ANYONE showering with ANYONE else is a violation of their privacy based on that logic but it happens daily in the locker rooms across the country today without incidents. And I am sure that most locker rooms are not gay free, even in the smallest communities.

Of course it's liberal this and liberal that and they hate the military and the hate this and they hate that.
Wrong. We want the best for the military, straight or gay. The best. You, it seems, want second best.

You have no respect for anyone else but yourself. But then that's expected.

Last edited by plannine; 12-19-2010 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: took out - (and your usually misguided point of view...at least in my opinion)

Old 12-19-2010, 11:03 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,114,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Hahaha. How is that "segregating by sexual interest"?????? In that situation, aren't the gay men and gay women's privacies violated? The gay men would be getting leered at by those rabid, men-lusting, sex-crazed heterosexual females whereas the gay women would be getting leered at by those rabid, women-lusting, sex-crazed heterosexual males. Ridiculous. I'll repeat what another poster said. Anytime you shower within the sight of anyone else, your privacy is violated.

I love it how the bigots say gays aren't entitled to serve in the military because service is a privilege and that when you join the military you give up your rights, but then out of the other corner of their mouth (after smearing gay people as sex-crazed demons out to sexually assault decent straight folks) they claim straight people in the military have some special privacy right that disqualifies gays from service.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:03 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,500,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
no, its not ok. A thief isn't a problem until he steals. If someone is a known thief then they will be watched, and possibly accused if something ends up missing.
A gay soldier isn't a problem until he starts acting gay. If someone is a known homo, and he tries to "sneak a peak" then he could face consequences.
You say that its already happening? How do you know? how can you tell a gay soldier from a straight one?
This bogus fear is ridiculous, I have known I was gay since well before High school and I never sneaked a peak while in the shower/locker room, it is called decency and respect. If anything it was all the "supposed straight" guys that were always playing the comparison game between each other. More of the straight guys knew who had what and where the other guy sized up with the rest. This one really short guy was reputably better equipped than most of the other guys, but I could not attest to that because I never sneaked a peak. This is all just homo-paranoia from homo phobic people. If gay soldiers are already serving in the military and no one is aware or having a problem, what makes you think that if they come out of the closet they will start acting gay? And, can you specify what "acting gay" is? Is it Klinger like from Mash? All you seem to be afraid of is a stereotype projected by mass paranoia.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:05 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,500,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
You know that will be next. Give them an inch and they take a mile. Gays in the military should be segragated from straights in housing, bathrooms and showers, as women are segrated from the men.
I think that all of the intolerant homophobes should be segregated from everyone else. Put them all together and see what kind of unit cohesion they develop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies