Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 10:38 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,329,583 times

Advertisements

Watchers of Beck saw him today talking about how near the US is to folding its tent as the countries of western Europe are. He pointed out how Greece with a GDP of about $300 billion is about to take down Europe just as California is about to try to do to the US since it has that huge debt and has the 8th largest GDP in the world.

Maybe Europe will bail out Greece, Spain, Portugal and Ireland but what happens when the German people get tired of having to pay more than others to do this? I hear more people in the US talking about letting California sink by itself and we are one nation of states while the EU is a nation of States. I use capitol letters to relate to nations and small s to relate to states of the US.

Anyway I really think that even Democrat Congressmen need to see today's Beck show so they can see where they are taking us. If that is the case, obviously I believe that everybody here needs to see him. I won't tell you where but am sure that all of you know and if you missed him today you might learn something by watching him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 10:42 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,180,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Watchers of Beck saw him today talking about how near the US is to folding its tent as the countries of western Europe are. He pointed out how Greece with a GDP of about $300 billion is about to take down Europe just as California is about to try to do to the US since it has that huge debt and has the 8th largest GDP in the world.

Maybe Europe will bail out Greece, Spain, Portugal and Ireland but what happens when the German people get tired of having to pay more than others to do this? I hear more people in the US talking about letting California sink by itself and we are one nation of states while the EU is a nation of States. I use capitol letters to relate to nations and small s to relate to states of the US.

Anyway I really think that even Democrat Congressmen need to see today's Beck show so they can see where they are taking us. If that is the case, obviously I believe that everybody here needs to see him. I won't tell you where but am sure that all of you know and if you missed him today you might learn something by watching him.
No matter how hard I try, I can't figure that guy out. He is an enigma to me. People should make up their own minds and not have their political views spoon fed to them.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-02-2010, 11:03 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,106,247 times
Glenn Beck is insane.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:16 PM

240 posts, read 443,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Glenn Beck is insane.
If you look at his actual predictions, most of the time he dead on! His prediction of when things are going to happen is sometimes off. But the content of his predictions is mostly "spot on". I think gold was at $700 an ounce when he publicly encouraged ppl to buy it. Now gold is what $1300 an ounce? $1400?? I wouldn't call that type if accuracy insane! It's more like Nostradamus!!

Old 12-02-2010, 11:41 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,180,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84 Camaro View Post
If you look at his actual predictions, most of the time he dead on! His prediction of when things are going to happen is sometimes off. But the content of his predictions is mostly "spot on". I think gold was at $700 an ounce when he publicly encouraged ppl to buy it. Now gold is what $1300 an ounce? $1400?? I wouldn't call that type if accuracy insane! It's more like Nostradamus!!
Do you really believe for an instant that someone wasn't PAYING his little pudgy behind to say that? Please. I haven't listened to his entire radio show, but I would venture a guess that there is an advertiser there that sells gold.

The timing part was just luck...and paying attention to what other people were predicting as well...

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-03-2010, 12:08 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,369,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

The timing part was just luck...and paying attention to what other people were predicting as well...
That may well be so, but don't you wish you'd taken their advice at the beginning of this decade?

Old 12-03-2010, 12:26 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,551,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84 Camaro View Post
Seriously?

Anyone who has studied history can tell you that when the economy goes south gold prices rise. Beck is not exactly Svengali for noticing this.

Glenn Beck is either a classic paranoid or a shrewd businessman exploiting a niche market in American gullibility.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:26 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,377,884 times
Typical responses.

Kill the messenger, ignore the message.

Try listening and researching the story. Debunk the story. So you don't like the messenger.

Oh well, there's always Ed Shultz and the Maddow guy. Ooooh and Olberman too! Now THERE'S a trio of messengers!

I listen to them myself. Their message is hate, division and they spew some real crap out there that the left drinks like Flavorade. I continue to listen to them and Beck, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Savage, etc because I want to hear THEIR side of arguments and discussion also. Don't follow any one side or you're being led. At least Beck says to research and look for yourself.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:45 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,547,829 times
Beck has just made a study of what happens when countries act the way they do. It's not hard to predict what will happen when you outspend yourselves. He is just reminding us what has happened in the pass and what will likely happen now.

Bury your head in the sand or try to change it.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:35 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,736,518 times
A little on the theatrical side, Beck has been spot on.

The messenger is a distraction to the message.
Focus on the messenger, so the message is not heard.

If his message is so wrong, why are those being exposed trying to shut him up, instead of telling the truth about the message Beck tells?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies