Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 08:08 PM

764 posts, read 1,561,393 times

Advertisements

Obama says there will be no drilling in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico for 7 years. Estimates for americans laid off are between 12,000-80,000. Rigs are picking up and leaving the US. Louisiana is losing millions in revenue, and the FED is losing hundred of millions in revenue. And oil prices in the US are probably going to go up over time. What do i think.....GREAT. Of course, i own oil production in southern Illinois so i would love to see $100 oil again. GO OBAMA! Shut ALL off shore oil down! Save the world and all that junk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 08:10 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,370,334 times
Obama wouldn't DO that! Where's you're link?

Old 12-02-2010, 08:11 PM

13,186 posts, read 15,021,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maschuette View Post
Obama says there will be no drilling in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico for 7 years. Estimates for americans laid off are between 12,000-80,000. Rigs are picking up and leaving the US. Louisiana is losing millions in revenue, and the FED is losing hundred of millions in revenue. And oil prices in the US are probably going to go up over time. What do i think.....GREAT. Of course, i own oil production in southern Illinois so i would love to see $100 oil again. GO OBAMA! Shut ALL off shore oil down! Save the world and all that junk.
Great.

They can get jobs in the solar and wind energy generation business. ...Lots of government incentives have led to the growth of those industries.

The air will be cleaner and those reserves can be used by future generations for a rainy day.

That's what adults do.

The look at the long term picture and not filling up their Hummer..

Old 12-02-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Great.

They can get jobs in the solar and wind energy generation business. ...Lots of government incentives have led to the growth of those industries.

The air will be cleaner and those reserves can be used by future generations for a rainy day.

That's what adults do.

The look at the long term picture and not filling up their Hummer.
Wind and solar energy is only profitable BECAUSE of the government incentives. When or IF we get fiscally responsible, those jobs are gone, if we are adults, that is. I've heard thats what adults do. They look at the long term picture.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Obama wouldn't DO that! Where's you're link?
Obama bans eastern Gulf drilling for 7 years - CNN.com

Old 12-02-2010, 08:27 PM

Do you have a swimming pool by chance?

Go and take a Visine bottle and put one drop of solution into the pool.

Congratulations!

You just added the all the oil from opening up this field in comparison to the total World oil supply.

So don't be absurd and claim this will lower oil prices for Americans will you?

It makes you look silly.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:37 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,354,376 times
Any damage he does will be repealed in time.

Let the idiot continue to hurt Americans and their jobs so we can finally end liberals running things in America.

Thanks Obama for the net loss of 9 million jobs and still counting!

Old 12-02-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Any damage he does will be repealed in time.

Let the idiot continue to hurt Americans and their jobs so we can finally end liberals running things in America.

Thanks Obama for the net loss of 9 million jobs and still counting!
Yes thanks Obama! You dern idiot! {Mashing teeth and snarling}

Old 12-02-2010, 08:44 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,354,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yes thanks Obama! You dern idiot! {Mashing teeth and snarling}
I see you agree with me on this.

And to think we were promised 5 million NEW jobs by now and got a negative 9 million jobs lost thanks to his horrific decisions like this one.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,752,928 times
And while we DON'T drill you can all look about 60 miles south of Florida at Repsol drilling from a deal they made with Cuba.

U.S. wary of Cuba, Repsol drilling plans - WorkBoat.com
"The Spanish oil giant Repsol has leased several blocks from the Cuban government and a rig being finished in China for Cuba's use is expected to be delivered by early next year.

Baumgartner acknowledged the United States -- which has enforced a trade embargo against Cuba for five decades -- has no emergency response agreement with Cuba for oil spills."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies