Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 04:39 PM

8,275 posts, read 12,908,411 times

Advertisements

This is amazing that a man has this little discernment and allows his hoodlum child to batter someone 84 yo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IANWj...layer_embedded

Stick the kid in military school after his jail time. and throw the father in jail.

Really can't people do better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 04:48 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,409,658 times
Yeah the kid didn't learn that on his own. Great role model Dad.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:28 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,473,054 times
Default Tragic! What an outrage.

Where in the hell is the respect for the elderly? This is tragic. My dad is the same age (84). The elderly should be given the utmost consideration and respect in all circumstances. Absolutely crazy!

At 12 years old, that kid should know better and for beating a proud 84 year old man, I hope he is put in jail and beaten senseless. The dad is pathetic and should suffer the same fate. Neither deserves to live IMO. This is appalling to me!

Old 12-01-2010, 05:40 PM

53,586 posts, read 35,330,905 times
probably the first time i've ever agreed with alexus.

get 2 ropes, sizes medium and small.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:50 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,090,175 times
Elder abuse this time in the form of assault upon a stranger. Sadly, it is not an uncommon hate crime. One can read through posts on this forum and the indignation some posters have aimed against the elderly. Sociopaths come in all shapes and sizes. This father/son combo is just an example of a bad apple not falling far from a diseased tree. If justice were to be truly served they would have similar indiginity forced upon them in their old age.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:00 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,788,028 times
Man, do I wish I were a cop...........

Old 12-01-2010, 06:08 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,140,525 times
This is the result of our de-humanizing one another. One only need read through this forum and the rants against people of other races, religions, sexual orientations, or income levels to see how common it has become to define "different" as "bad" and treat others as "the enemy" just because they are different.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:18 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,511,932 times
I don't care what anybody thinks or if you agree with me, Kids learn actions from home and from their parents. So many of todays Parents are not responsible in any way, they are irresponsible parents, and when their Children get in trouble, blame everyone else but themselves.

Good Parenting does not come down with who is Rich or who is Poor, both should have common sense, in knowing how to raise a child. Too many of todays kids here in 2010 show such a lack of respect for their elders, this has to be taught at home.

I have no respect for this Parent, he is a coward not a Parent, and the little brat, should be punished. With so many Parent's today inflicting their own sick thoughts on their children, they grow up to be bullies.

There is no excuse in the world for this type of behavior, it comes down to good parenting skills, and showing respect and compassion in the home.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:38 PM

8,275 posts, read 12,908,411 times
I have to agree with you all. it is a sad state. We have such little regard for each other. Where is the consideration. Why didn't he just apologize and move on? they both would have felt better for doing the right thing. Why do we have this need to be up on the next person.

While the older fellow may have been rude ( who knows) it just didn't have to get to this had they each had respect for each other. I would normally think someone nearly backing into someone would not mean to ( with this man, I'm not so sure) He simply could have said, I'm so sorry. thank goodness nothing happened. Have a good day... Is that soi hard to teach?

Is going to jail, or getting sued worth not saying it?? Would you want your child treting their grand parents like this? then why a stranger? This is a symptom of what we have created and I think it needs to change.

This is not the country I grew up in and not one I would want to pass forward. There is a better way. Why do people so ill prepared to raise children have them>? Do they think we want these genes reproduced? This ugliness would never be missed.

I guess there is a lesson for us all, when we are short with the waiter, or curse another driver or the other situations where we treat others with less regard than deserved.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:05 PM

17,468 posts, read 13,003,915 times
Wondering why everyone just keeps walking. Boy, I am only 5'4 and not very big, but I can have a big mouth!! I would have stopped and got involved. Heck, with security, watch my foot.
This is just sad, I just don't understand people not wanting to get involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies