Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 05:59 PM

5,864 posts, read 5,010,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I love how right wingers are always going on about limited government, and transparency in government, yet when some organization legally exposes all the law breaking, and lying, and spin put out by government they are the first to call for severe punishment of the whistleblowers. ( I suppose they want to create some new Federal laws and powers to persecute them because what they are doing now is perfectly legal)

What these people are is fake libertarians. They get all teary eyed about the Constitution when the Democrats are in control. Yet here their real motivations come out.

1) You must obey the State.

2) Free speech only goes so far as the State allows.

3) Claiming "Security" or the "War on Terror" trumps all other civil liberties.

4) We must believe every claim the State makes about the need for "security" and "secrecy".

These are typical Authoritarians.....LOL ......every tin pot 3rd World dictatorship has them.....In the USA they are known as the " Conservatives" or the "Right Wing".
Yes these are the same "small government" conservatives who openly supported the "Patriot" Act and warrantless wiretapping. You see "limited government" extends only to tax breaks for the wealthy. Everything else is under the government's scope. They want to tell you what you can read, who you can associate with, who you can have sex with, who you can marry, what you can do in your bedroom, what you can to your body, what you can put in your body, etc. But don't you dare try and take away my tax cuts for the upper echelon of society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 06:03 PM

53,610 posts, read 35,433,760 times
Quote:
That's a very vague statement. What is exactly illegal?

Leaking classified documents to wikileaks?....Yes that's illegal for the "leaker" to do that.

Publishing leaked classified documents? No ...that's legal.

This is not the first time wikileaks has done this. Is there an arrest warrant for Julian Assauge?

No. There is no basis to charge him.
you claimed, twice, that this was all a highly legal endeavor. now you're backtracking?

how odd

so.. was obama lying, or no?

btw, there is indeed an arrest warrant out - but it's for rape and sexual molestation.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/46537/

Old 11-28-2010, 06:10 PM

13,186 posts, read 15,040,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you claimed, twice, that this was all a highly legal endeavor. now you're backtracking?

how odd

so.. was obama lying, or no?
We don't know if "Obama is lying" because the article does not go into detail as to what was said. Sounds like they put out some vague statement. Are they referring to wikileaks or the person or persons who leaked???? Who knows?? So I don't know if "obama is lying"....but I'm sure you've come to that conclusion by reading the shortest political reporting article ever written. ..LOL

Old 11-28-2010, 06:29 PM

53,610 posts, read 35,433,760 times
Quote:
We don't know if "Obama is lying" because the article does not go into detail as to what was said. Sounds like they put out some vague statement. Are they referring to wikileaks or the person or persons who leaked???? Who knows?? So I don't know if "obama is lying"....but I'm sure you've come to that conclusion by reading the shortest political reporting article ever written. ..LOL
you made a blanket statement [twice] that the whole thing was legal, then backtracked. i'd say obama was more on the money than you were on this one.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you made a blanket statement [twice] that the whole thing was legal, then backtracked. i'd say obama was more on the money than you were on this one.
Well then you can't read in context. What I said was that the actions of wikileaks is legal.

I can't help it if you think some liberals think what Bradley Manning did was legal.....LOL

That's just voices in your head.

Last edited by padcrasher; 11-28-2010 at 07:01 PM..

Old 11-28-2010, 06:55 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,756,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Bascailly in nay administration there needs to be certain communictions that need to be keep secret. That has always been the case .Every country has enemies and always has. What has changed is the people willing to steal and publkish the information for their own benefit and reasons.
The government can & does shut down web sites in a heartbeat, do we really believe they are not able to prevent these 'leaks'.
I say it's baloney & this is being allowed on purpose.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
The government can & does shut down web sites in a heartbeat, do we really believe they are not able to prevent these 'leaks'.
I say it's baloney & this is being allowed on purpose.
Since the servers are in Iceland and Sweden how would the USA government shut them down?

Old 11-28-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Since the servers are in Iceland and Sweden how would the USA government shut them down?
Are you telling me that you don't believe the US government could prevent these leaks if they Really wanted to?

Old 11-28-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Are you telling me that you don't believe the US government could prevent these leaks if they Really wanted to?
Well gosh do you mean bomb Sweden????

I guess we could do that...."if we really wanted to".....LOL

Have you ever heard of a situation that a government might not like but doesn't resort to breaking International law to prevent it?

Or have you ever contemplated a government weighing the pros and cons of bombing a European country over leaked secret documents???

Old 11-28-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Well gosh do you mean bomb Sweden????

I guess we could do that...."if we really wanted to".....LOL

Have you ever heard of a situation that a government might not like but doesn't resort to breaking International law to prevent it?

Or have you ever contemplated a government weighing the pros and cons of bombing a European country over leaked secret documents???
LOL.... bombing Sweden is not what I meant.
If it is a national security issue & or something that could hurt our country in any way, I believe our government has people on its payroll to prevent 'leaks'.....if they really want to, which I don't just don't believe they want too.
I just think these leaks are allowed as another diversionary tactic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies