Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 06:46 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
A Democratic congressman says new revelations in former President George W. Bush’s memoir should push Attorney General Eric Holder to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the government’s use of waterboarding.
Jerrold Nadler: Bring on George W. Bush probe - Meredith Shiner - POLITICO.com

No POTUS ever gave the thumbs up to torture until Bush. The USA held trials for the Japanese that used this method of torture.

Waterboarding Used to Be a Crime

That term is used to describe several interrogation techniques. The victim may be immersed in water, have water forced into the nose and mouth, or have water poured onto material placed over the face so that the liquid is inhaled or swallowed. The media usually characterize the practice as "simulated drowning." That's incorrect. To be effective, waterboarding is usually real drowning that simulates death. That is,

the victim experiences the sensations of drowning: struggle, panic, breath-holding, swallowing, vomiting, taking water into the lungs and, eventually, the same feeling of not being able to breathe that one experiences after being punched in the gut. The main difference is that the drowning process is halted. According to those who have studied waterboarding's effects, it can cause severe psychological trauma, such as panic attacks, for years.

After World War II, we convicted several Japanese soldiers for waterboarding American and Allied prisoners of war. At the trial of his captors, then-Lt. Chase J. Nielsen, one of the 1942 Army Air Forces officers who flew in the Doolittle Raid and was captured by the Japanese, testified: "I was given several types of torture. . . . I was given what they call the water cure." He was asked what he felt when the Japanese soldiers poured the water. "Well, I felt more or less like I was drowning," he replied, "just gasping between life and death."

Waterboarding Used to Be a Crime - washingtonpost.com

This is amusing. The liberals, when faced with an epic economic policy failure and a political beating, like to focus on the irrelevent or............................... they bring up thier old demons, like GEORGE BUSH!

Get over it. Obama is a failure and one should focus on extracting the nation from the terrible position in which he has mired the nation. Blaming George Bush for everything is tiresome and comical and appeals to only the most partisan leftist, who seeks ANYTHING........ANYTHING to discuss, except the failures of leftist political ideology.

Waterboarding? Who cares? I think we should torture the terrorists in much more gruesome ways than that. Ever hear of a little scrape called World War II? Well, my father, father in law, and several uncles fought in that "conflict". Many engaged in brutality and torture of Japanese prisoners. It was routine. Hell, my father in law said they routinely tied weights to the ankles of captured Japs, after "interrogating" them, and threw them overboard. One of my wife's uncles talked about dismembering two *** prisoners alive after they came upon them doing the same to a marine. The Japs did the same to Americans. However, that was a time when the US was more concerned about the security of its citizens than the hurt feelings of liberals.

Our enemies SHOULD fear us. When they lose thier fear, they will become more bold, and will seek to kill more Americans, even liberals. I do not think that our enemies distinguish between conservative and liberal Americans and are eager to kill both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 06:53 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
I just love expressions of impotent left wing rage, don't you?

Old 11-10-2010, 06:59 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Hey! If the GOP House is vowing investigations of Obama, I see no reason for the Democratic Senate or the administration not to go after Bush, right?

That oughta result in some interesting political theater!
get real, the democrats had four years to investigate bush and his administrations activities, and the best they could do was get scooter libby for lying to investigators, wow huge deal there.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:03 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,127,435 times
Quote:
A Democratic congressman says new revelations in former President George W. Bush’s memoir should push Attorney General Eric Holder to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the government’s use of waterboarding.

No POTUS ever gave the thumbs up to torture until Bush. The USA held trials for the Japanese that used this method of torture.

That term is used to describe several interrogation techniques. The victim may be immersed in water, have water forced into the nose and mouth, or have water poured onto material placed over the face so that the liquid is inhaled or swallowed. The media usually characterize the practice as "simulated drowning." That's incorrect. To be effective, waterboarding is usually real drowning that simulates death. That is,

the victim experiences the sensations of drowning: struggle, panic, breath-holding, swallowing, vomiting, taking water into the lungs and, eventually, the same feeling of not being able to breathe that one experiences after being punched in the gut. The main difference is that the drowning process is halted. According to those who have studied waterboarding's effects, it can cause severe psychological trauma, such as panic attacks, for years.

After World War II, we convicted several Japanese soldiers for waterboarding American and Allied prisoners of war. At the trial of his captors, then-Lt. Chase J. Nielsen, one of the 1942 Army Air Forces officers who flew in the Doolittle Raid and was captured by the Japanese, testified: "I was given several types of torture. . . . I was given what they call the water cure." He was asked what he felt when the Japanese soldiers poured the water. "Well, I felt more or less like I was drowning," he replied, "just gasping between life and death."

Although I do not agree with waterboarding, this murderous scumbag (Jerrold Nadler) introduced the FOCA (Freedom of Choice Act), which would invalidate almost every restriction on abortion, into the House at least twice. Furthering a holocaust of the unborn is a lot worse than waterboarding a few terrorists. Talk about calling the kettle black...

Old 11-11-2010, 04:18 AM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
This is amusing. The liberals, when faced with an epic economic policy failure and a political beating, like to focus on the irrelevent or............................... they bring up thier old demons, like GEORGE BUSH!

Get over it. Obama is a failure and one should focus on extracting the nation from the terrible position in which he has mired the nation. Blaming George Bush for everything is tiresome and comical and appeals to only the most partisan leftist, who seeks ANYTHING........ANYTHING to discuss, except the failures of leftist political ideology.

Waterboarding? Who cares? I think we should torture the terrorists in much more gruesome ways than that. Ever hear of a little scrape called World War II? Well, my father, father in law, and several uncles fought in that "conflict". Many engaged in brutality and torture of Japanese prisoners. It was routine. Hell, my father in law said they routinely tied weights to the ankles of captured Japs, after "interrogating" them, and threw them overboard. One of my wife's uncles talked about dismembering two *** prisoners alive after they came upon them doing the same to a marine. The Japs did the same to Americans. However, that was a time when the US was more concerned about the security of its citizens than the hurt feelings of liberals.

Our enemies SHOULD fear us. When they lose thier fear, they will become more bold, and will seek to kill more Americans, even liberals. I do not think that our enemies distinguish between conservative and liberal Americans and are eager to kill both.
It is most interesting and instructive that those who have screamed unceasingly about Bill Clinton since he was first elected and continue to do so today are complaining about the possible investigation of a Boy President for war crimes.

You must be getting nervous if you are trying to change the subject.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:09 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Very well said!!!

What a joke to try to investigate GWB. I actually hope they do as it will continue to make the lefties look like the pathetic, losing, drown rats that they are.....and will secure us the senate and the Presidency!

I have a friend, whom is actually like a brother to us, and he was in Special Ops.....the stories he tells will really make you WAKE UP! The idiotic lefties want to complain about waterboarding a terrorist?? Waterboarding is nothing compared to the training the special ops men and women go through in order to make our country safe. They also put their lives on the line to go into unspeakable situations and rescue americans.

As I have said before, let the bleeding heart lefties whom cry "foul" about waterboarding stand on the front line, along with their loved ones and families, if we ever have a terrorist attack again. I am sure they will be spared because they are so 'fair and kind' to others.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:24 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It is most interesting and instructive that those who have screamed unceasingly about Bill Clinton since he was first elected and continue to do so today are complaining about the possible investigation of a Boy President for war crimes.

You must be getting nervous if you are trying to change the subject.
Nervous?

1. I never thought that Bill Clinton should have been impeached

2. George Bush has done nothing that would warrant impeachment either

3. Obama, on the other hand has these problems, which could lead to impeachment

a. Sestak
b.Rezko
c. Black Panthers
d. Gulf Oil/George Soros
e. Arizona law suit

4. In case you were not paying attention, the republicans swept the House and plan an investigation of the Obama administration regarding the above five issues. There is no planned "investigation" of Bush, and it remains a liberal fantasy.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:26 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
While we're prosecuting George Bush for keeping us safe, let's go after Democrat Franklin Roosevelt for Japanese American internment camps and for causing America to be run into the ground financially with his social welfare program: social security. Let's also ask Mr Holder to check into racist Democrat Woodrow Wilson re-segregating the military and the government when he took office. Then, if dunking the sheik is torture, that whole Democrat Harry Truman Hiroshima-Nagasaki thing with Japanese civilians has to be off the scale, right?

Old 11-11-2010, 06:34 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:

Still tying to adjust the facts to fit the scenario?

"The USA held trials for the Japanese that used this method of torture."

" Leading members of Japan's military and government elite were charged, among their many other crimes, with torturing Allied military personnel and civilians."

Using this logic, if I am speeding while drunk and hit a pedestrian, I'll get twenty years for speeding.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...t16611063.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies