Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 06:06 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,751,694 times

Advertisements

Democrats need to sit down and shut up. Let Boehner earn every vote, including the Debt ceiling

It's their """Mandate"""
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 06:53 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,583,832 times
The Democrats have had this delusional idea that they can spend your hard-earned tax dollars far more effectively than 'we the people' can.

Judging by the wretched conditions in Democrat-created hellholes such as Detroit, Fresno, Trenton & Buffalo, as well as the underwater balance sheets of states such as IL, CA, NY, NJ, MI & CT (among others). I'd say that they've earned a failing grade in that regard.

Tax cuts have always led to exploding increases in federal tax revenues, and both Reagan & JFK proved it.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:59 PM
kyt

73 posts, read 124,975 times
We should have a rule in the Politics sub-forum that all claimed facts must be backed up with a link to a reputable news organization.

If people can't even agree on facts, then arguing over their ramifications is pointless.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,260,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Maybe you shouldn't wear yourself out any further replying to them, then. >light bulb icon<
yeah, I could stop educating you on facts, but then I have hopes that one day you will stop repeating the same old lies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
How long is it going to take to get this thing into the supreme court?
They were hoping to fast track it to the Supreme Court.. no luck.. was turned down hours ago
AFP: Supreme Court refuses health care law appeal

Old 11-08-2010, 07:16 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,061,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
They were hoping to fast track it to the Supreme Court.. no luck.. was turned down hours ago
AFP: Supreme Court refuses health care law appeal
LOL! I just heard that at dinner.

I, too, have a crystal ball. Mine is Polycom (not a far reach from teleconferencing equipment). It tells me that when the general public gets accustomed to being able to have their young adult offspring on their policy until 26, no lifetime limits, insure kids with pre-existing conditions, they're not going to be too happy if the Repubs or the TPs or anyone else wants to take that away.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,260,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
LOL! I just heard that at dinner.

I, too, have a crystal ball. Mine is Polycom (not a far reach from teleconferencing equipment). It tells me that when the general public gets accustomed to being able to have their young adult offspring on their policy until 26, no lifetime limits, insure kids with pre-existing conditions, they're not going to be too happy if the Repubs or the TPs or anyone else wants to take that away.
It was only turned down because a lower court hasnt ruled, dont get so giddy over a victory that hasnt taken place..

Old 11-08-2010, 07:29 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,426,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
My fear:

The GOP congress will take a hard line on all issues and plunge the economy into a severe downturn.
My hope:

The GOP Congress will take a hard line on all issues and plunge the economy into a severe upturn.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:39 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,238,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
My hope:

The GOP Congress will take a hard line on all issues and plunge the economy into a severe upturn.
The GOP House and GOP Senators are guaranteed to take credit for any and every upturn.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:49 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,426,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The GOP House and GOP Senators are guaranteed to take credit for any and every upturn.
I think the President will benefit greatly from the economic recovery over the next two years. Ironically, the end of card check, the end of cap & trade, the slowing of new regulatory burdens via House oversight, and a diminished threat of higher taxes will reduce uncertainty and increase economic vitality. The slaughter in the House will end up improving Obama's re-election chances.

The republican congress may get a LOT of credit if they change one of Obama's lies into truth: "If you like your health plan, you can keep it." I still can't figure out why the Obamacare mandates included expensive first-dollar coverage and outlawed my high-deductible / health savings account plan--one of the few proven cost-reducers.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:50 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,024,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I think the President will benefit greatly from the economic recovery over the next two years. Ironically, the end of card check, the end of cap & trade, the slowing of new regulatory burdens via House oversight, and a diminished threat of higher taxes will reduce uncertainty and increase economic vitality. The slaughter in the House will end up improving Obama's re-election chances.

The republican congress may get a LOT of credit if they change one of Obama's lies into truth: "If you like your health plan, you can keep it." I still can't figure out why the Obamacare mandates included expensive first-dollar coverage and outlawed my high-deductible / health savings account plan--one of the few proven cost-reducers.
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies