Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 10:35 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,328,676 times

Advertisements

As the economic wall of disparity begins to shrink, between whites and blacks...I think it's wonderful that you now see more and more white families moving back into parts of towns and or cities, that their parents fled from decades ago...

Gone are the days that just because you were a young yuppie professional...the banks would extend $500,000 loans to ya...

Now, many 'whites' are feeling the economic pinch, that many folks in the cities have...and as such...are becoming much more practical in choosing their first home...or second home, after loosing the $250,000 home in the suburbs...

As foreclosers show no sign of slowing down...many former suburban families...are discovering that realistate can be had for relative cheap prices in the city...and as such, at least where I'm able to observe, your seeing more 'white' families move back into the 'hood'....and occupying or buying houses and realistate for bargain basement prices...

I think that is a good thing...as these parts of town need more 'diversity'...and whites will bring that badly needed diversity to the hoods that they are now beggining to rehabitate...

When whites and blacks live together, in the same hoods, and their kids hang out, they seem to develope a better understanding of each other...

I observe nothing but peace and harmony where I see these white families re assimilating into hoods that their parents or grandparents fled from decades ago...bravo...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 10:39 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,979,310 times
Well I wouldn't know anything about city life, but your picture is sure pimped out madness. LOL

Mine is me, and is as odd, but i am far more comfortable in my woods than i would be on a bed like that.
We can do one another a big favor. You stay on that pimped out bed, and i will stay in my woods ok?

Old 11-06-2010, 11:57 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,766,178 times
If that trend really exists, it would be good, provided it is not the beginning of a gentrification process. I agree that the voluntary separation of ethnic groups was a very negative development for society as a whole. It's like running from problems instead of fixing them.
If one looks at crime statistics, it is striking that minority-dominated places tend to have much more crime (sorry to say that, I know it's not pc). If cities were composed like the US demographic average, life would be much better for everybody.

Old 11-06-2010, 12:02 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,768,498 times
Out here in Oakland its called yuppies in SF who find out that they can actually get front yards in Oakland. They're making all the working class neighborhoods overpriced and driving the locals out to towns like Vallejo and Antioch. The main development of this is that blacks in particular will be driven out from the urban core of the bay and as such will be isolated from jobs and no one will give a **** because the suburbs aren't economically important... see Vallejo.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Well I wouldn't know anything about city life, but your picture is sure pimped out madness. LOL

Mine is me, and is as odd, but i am far more comfortable in my woods than i would be on a bed like that.
We can do one another a big favor. You stay on that pimped out bed, and i will stay in my woods ok?
Huh??? do you know how to speak proper english?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
If that trend really exists, it would be good, provided it is not the beginning of a gentrification process. I agree that the voluntary separation of ethnic groups was a very negative development for society as a whole. It's like running from problems instead of fixing them.
If one looks at crime statistics, it is striking that minority-dominated places tend to have much more crime (sorry to say that, I know it's not pc). If cities were composed like the US demographic average, life would be much better for everybody.
That crime isn't due to the fact that their 'minorities', and that's a lazy way to look at it and or sum it up....
It's due to many other factors in such a economically depressed area.(also due to specific targeting of minority youth..who are often busted for things white youth are never even stopped for, I lived in a 'white' community before...and do you know how much 'weed' was freely flowing...? And if I told you the people who were doing it, your eyes would roll....)(I mean heck, just turn ont he evening news and you can see that far from true)

And as far as crime only being where minorites live...100% false....and I can proove it...do you know how many different classifications there are of crime? from shopplifting to pety theft to spousal abuse to conspiracy to fraudulant checks...crimes cover a very broad spectrum...and if you think crimes are only being commited in n-hoods where minorities are...your kidding yourself...
I can go to Boise ID right now and get the same drugs I could get in Boston...Rural neighborhoods are simply policed differently...people have homes that are spread out...but if you were a cop, you might be suprised what's going on or being exchanged in some of those homes and or farm communities..

And also of course if you have 5 million people living in a 3 mile square area...all stats for everything will go up...vs Wyoming...where the population is very dispersed...and where crimes are commited all time...illegal activity...but if a cops not there to see it, or no one around to report it...than who would ever know??
Some of this stuff is just common sense...

Just the other day I had something stolen from me by a 'white' person...
And when I first moved to the city..I left my bike out infront of a store...and a white couple stole it...
The reality is, everyone commits crime...heck...go look at the police blogger, even in small towns...but please educate yourself before just blurting out myths that are only self serving to ones on sense of 'self'...I guess...

I just know i don't walk around obscessing over crimes other people commit, and therefore I must be 'better' than...that kind of thinking is really foreign to me, and is almost like a illness...lacking something on the inside...maybe belief is God...I don't know...

But hey, can we for once just talk about the topic issue rather than always trying to degrade 'blacks' by going into this crime stuff...it just really get's old after a while...and I don't know why people on here are so obscessed with that...if your happy with how you live your life, than why worry about how others live there's?
But if ya want to play the crime game, I can...and show you how the rich do more drugs and cocaine, than the poor do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Out here in Oakland its called yuppies in SF who find out that they can actually get front yards in Oakland. They're making all the working class neighborhoods overpriced and driving the locals out to towns like Vallejo and Antioch. The main development of this is that blacks in particular will be driven out from the urban core of the bay and as such will be isolated from jobs and no one will give a **** because the suburbs aren't economically important... see Vallejo.
Yes, I know what you mean...there's that here too...where developers or people with money, fix up n-hoods one by one, house by house...by restoring old style victorian homes and either turning them into high priced rentals or just selling out right...and then high income yuppies move in...and when they move out, rent or realistate stays high...

But that's not what I'm talking about in my example...

What I see is everyday regular blue collor white families, plumbers, construction, truck drivers ect ect...simply moving in to more affordable houses right inside the hood...their not trying to change the economic enviornment or anything...
Their just normal working class families, working normal $10-$50,000 a year income jobs...and it's all good...I see nothing but harmony...

They let their kids play in the park, and they all get along and everything...and even help each other out...It's harmony...

And unlike on here, they don't obcess with always trying to disparenge (put down) their black neighbors...

Last edited by Time and Space; 11-06-2010 at 01:57 PM..

Old 11-06-2010, 01:29 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,332,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Huh??? do you know how to speak proper english?
Umm, reading your posts, you're the last person who should be lecturing anyone on speaking (using) proper English.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:34 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,538,446 times
What? Why does race always have to be an issue? Why would ANYONE be happy for ANYONE who is doing worse than before?

Is this for real?

People need to think WIN/WIN and not win/lose. WE ARE AMERICANS if you forget. I want my neighbors to do well.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
That crime isn't due to the fact that their 'minorities', and that's a lazy way to look at it and or sum it up....
It's due to many other factors in such a economically depressed area.(also due to specific targeting of minority youth..who are often busted for things white youth are never even stopped for, I lived in a 'white' community before...and do you know how much 'weed' was freely flowing...? And if I told you the people who were doing it, your eyes would roll....)

And as far as crime only being where minorites live...100% false....and I can proove it...do you know how many different classifications there are of crime? from shopplifting to pety theft to spousal abuse to conspiracy to fraudulant checks...crimes cover a very broad spectrum...and if you think crimes are only being commited in n-hoods where minorities are...your kidding yourself...
I can go to Boise ID right now and get the same drugs I could get in Boston...Rural neighborhoods are simply policed differently...people have homes that are spread out...but if you were a cop, you might be suprised what's going on or being exchanged in some of those homes and or farm communities..

And also of course if you have 5 million people living in a 3 mile square area...all stats for everything will go up...vs Wyoming...where the population is very dispersed...and where crimes are commited all time...illegal activity...but if a cops not there to see it, or no one around to report it...than who would ever know??
Some of this stuff is just common sense...

Just the other day I had something stolen from me by a 'white' person...
And when I first moved to the city..I left my bike out infront of a store...and a white couple stole it...
The reality is, everyone commits crime...heck...go look at the police blogger, even in small towns...but please educate yourself before just blurting out myths that are only self serving to ones on sense of 'self'...I guess...

I just know i don't walk around obscessing over crimes other people commit, and therefore I must be 'better' than...that kind of thinking is really foreign to me, and is almost like a illness...lacking something on the inside...maybe belief is God...I don't know...

But hey, can we for once just talk about the topic issue rather than always trying to degrade 'blacks' by going into this crime stuff...it just really get's old after a while...and I don't know why people on here are so obscessed with that...if your happy with how you live your life, than why worry about how others live there's?
But if ya want to play the crime game, I can...and show you how the rich do more drugs and cocaine, than the poor do...
You are putting words into my mouth in order to make me appear like a racist. I did not say crime is only where there are minorities. What I wrote was 'minority-dominated places tend to have much more crime'. That is a completely different statement.
Nor did I write anything about the reasons why I think the way I do, which by the way is supported by statistics. I know there are historic and other reasons, I do not think minorities are innately more criminal or whatever you seem to think of me.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Umm, reading your posts, you're the last person who should be lecturing anyone on speaking (using) proper English.
Could you please stay on topic...just once...please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
What? Why does race always have to be an issue? Why would ANYONE be happy for ANYONE who is doing worse than before?

Is this for real?

People need to think WIN/WIN and not win/lose. WE ARE AMERICANS if you forget. I want my neighbors to do well.
But think about it...there not really doing 'worse'...infact...their probablly doing better...cause their learning how to live 'practical' again...learning how to live within their means again...learning humility again...and how to enjoy your neighbors again...

So I don't see it as them 'doing worse'...I kinda see it as a blessing in disguise for many involved in this recent phenomina...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
You are putting words into my mouth in order to make me appear like a racist. I did not say crime is only where there are minorities. What I wrote was 'minority-dominated places tend to have much more crime'. That is a completely different statement.
Nor did I write anything about the reasons why I think the way I do, which by the way is supported by statistics. I know there are historic and other reasons, I do not think minorities are innately more criminal or whatever you seem to think of me.
But even that's not true...minority dominated places don't have more crime...

And you keep looking at the fact that their 'minorities' as if that somehow plays a role in the decisions they make..

For example...Italy, southern Italy has a real bad mafia problem right now...A sub culture of Italians in Italy are like the Drugs Cartels of South America...

What reason would you give for the high crime rate, and illegal criminal behavior of Southern Italy?
You definatly can't blame it on color? Cause all Italians are various shades of 'white'...Or Sicilian...

Do you see my point?
In America, people have become intellectually lazy and to often point to skin color as being a factor in what goes on...

Italy to deploy army to tackle Mafia - Telegraph

Example...if you were to go to Italy...Southern Italy...who are European...what would you blame the crime problem on there?
You couldn't say it was because 'their minorities'...cause their all Italians living in Italy...

There are other factors that determine out come or reason, other than color...and all I'm saying is Americans tend to be lazy and always blame it on color...cause it's convient and doesn't require much thinking...

But anyhow...I think it's great that European American families are moving back into the hood...when people live together...they learn their not so different...(And I'm talking responsibe working white families living next to responsible working black or hispanic families, I'm not including in this equation the rogue street criminal element)

Old 11-06-2010, 02:45 PM

I didn't say belonging to a minority automatically or exclusively causes crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies