Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 07:22 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,550,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Lots of stories don't get the media attention that they deserve. It happens when victims are both black and white. I read this story before and what those people did was disgusting but why do you seem incapable of showing compassion for the woman who was beaten in this case? It's not like this has been plastered all over the news either.

When I was in college, there were several lynchings in the area, they never got national attention and were barely shown on the local news. If I were to bring up a story about a black person who was murdered by a white person in a thread about a black on white crime, all the while never mentioning that the black person was wrong for what they did, I would be accused of being racist and condoning the behavior of the black criminal. Just saying...

By the way, with regards to the Duke case, in case you haven't noticed, sex crimes, get a lot of attention. It wouldn't have mattered if the stripper was white or black.
I'm going to have to call BS on this one -either that or extreme naivety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 07:39 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,314,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
The media is run by liberals, and it is in liberals' best interest (they think) to keep promoting the tired old lie that racism is a one way street with white always being the perps and blacks always being the innocent victims. It keeps the blacks voting for their team.
Just hearing the garbage and hatred that constantly comes from the mouths of Conservatives while the Republican Party stands silent or even approves says everything most Black Americans need to know about the Republican Party.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:43 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,793,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Just hearing the garbage and hatred that constantly comes from the mouths of Conservatives while the Republican Party stands silent or even approves says everything most ALL Americans need to know about the Republican Party.
Fixed it for you!

Old 10-21-2010, 08:21 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,800,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Your version of injustice and mine are totally different!
Indeed. My version is constitutional. Your version is vigilante. Atlanta isn't an American city.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:35 PM

1,936 posts, read 1,828,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I'm not sure what you mean, they have all been sentenced. I would have been happier if they had all received the death sentence, but...

New Developments: Channon Christian and Chris Newsome – In Session: - CNN.com Blogs
I was wondering where the poster had been. A search would have given them the answer. Yes, these murders were horrific.

Now this man at Cracker Barrel is an idiot.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:08 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,273,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Indeed. My version is constitutional. Your version is vigilante. Atlanta isn't an American city.
Your brilliance is shining through!

Old 10-22-2010, 09:06 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,600,621 times
Based on what I've heard, this sounds like a terrible case, and I can't imagine how the guy wouldn't get convicted. If what I heard is accurate, I hope he spends a long time in prison.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:52 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,257,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Men should never put their hands on women in a fit of anger. Ever.

That's not a man.
Not even when that woman is a trained killer by the military? You can't have it both ways....

Old 10-22-2010, 10:00 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,692,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Not even when that woman is a trained killer by the military? You can't have it both ways....
Spare me. It's not like she's Rambo.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:27 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I'm going to have to call BS on this one -either that or extreme naivety.

Whatever...There are many crimes that received a lot of media attention, Black on Black, Black on White and White on White that I can easily site to prove that this is true, but since you believe that the media only sensationalizes stories of White on Black crime, do you think that they give more attention to missing White women and children (Elizabeth Smart, Lacy Peterson, Jon Benet Ramsey, Caylee Anthony, etc.)?

I lived in Boston when Charles Stewart killed his wife and claimed a Black man did it. Not only was the media all over it, the Boston Police were as well and harrassed many innocent Black men in their search for the made-up Black man that Charles said murdered his wife.

Now call it what you want to, but an innocent woman was beaten and called racial slurs. It was caught on tape...of course the media is going to pick it up. There are Whites and Blacks who have complained about the media not picking up stories. Especially Black families with missing loved ones. Now would you be so quick to call "BS" if this story was about a missing Black child and a mother complaining about it not getting media attention? Many have asked this question. Some say it wasn't about race but more about socio-economic status and that the media focuses on missing people from middle and upper class neighborhoods more than missing poor people.

The media is biased but if a group of athletes from a well known university are accused of rape, it would still be a major story, no matter what race the alleged victim is. NO BS but I call some on your part. Sorry but white people are not common victims of discrimination no matter how you try to spin it. Just because Glenn Beck and Limbaugh are into scaring White people into believing that they're victims in "Obama's America" doesn't make it true.

Last edited by Factsplease; 10-22-2010 at 10:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies