Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 04:22 PM
OED

14 posts, read 12,595 times

Advertisements

Many Obama supporters do not have clear and consistent principles. Their principles change depending if an (R) or (D) is holding office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 04:26 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,803,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
"I'm laughing at the supieror intellect"

So that means the US won't be murdering any more heads-of-state and won't be using threats and coercion and destabilizing the domestic affairs of a country to steal its resources?

I am not concerned with these issues, they are moot, history, yesterday, out of my thoughts and mind. My concern is for today and tomorrow because I'm more aware of where
America is now and trying hard to hold on at my end, to what is left of it. Barak Obama (or Eric Holder) are doing the right thing for America and I'm sorry that you cannot understand that.

Another wannabe lawyer. You might try researching some case law on the number of people tried in abstentia in the US.

And, you might do well to use the built-in, spell checker (wink). No, I don't want to be a lawyer or to do any more research than I have already done, in getting a full understanding
of Anwar Awlaki's terrorist activities and justifying the Obama administration's zeal to prosecute or plainly, eliminate him. Stop concerning yourself with Awlaki's rights, he can't have it
both ways, that he enjoy the benefit of citizenship on the one hand and betray America on the other.

I guess the gubbermint only tries people in abstentia when it doesn't have amnesia.

Well, at least you spelled amnesia right.

So then where is bin Laden?

He's at the top of their list, (last time I checked).

Well obviously Americans don't, which is why they scream, "Gimme oil! It's for Democracry!" while simultaneously funding oil dictatorships that deny anything democratic.
Isn't there a thread here on city-data that this last "oil for democracy" comment of yours, might be better placed?

Oh, and my Hyundai doesn't run on democracy, it runs on oil, have you bought a solar hybrid or do you walk to work?
Perhaps, you are no different than those oil demanding Americans who fail to see that, oil supply is not Obama's problem.

"I'm laughing at the supieror intellect too"

Old 09-25-2010, 04:27 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,338,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Its amazing because if Obama didn't do this, the righties would complain and say he is soft against terrorists. damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
We just like to point out the hypocrisy of the left.

Liberal thought (?) process: If Bush does X, throw a temper tantrum, cry, complain, go on letter writing campaigns, whine about it, throw rallies and go to demonstrations. If Obama does X+Y+Z, just move along because nobody cares.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:29 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,991,745 times
It sounds like they gang stalked the victim IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
White House invokes state secrets privilege to block targeted killings suit - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Truly amazing. Not even GWB went this far, targeting for assassination a US citizen - no charges, no trial, no jury, just POW!.

This, above any other promise obama has broken, any other lie he has told, any other "abuse of power" he has engaged in, MUST have the Left in this country apoplectic, right.....right?

Let's hear from some of the Leftists what they think of this.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:42 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,218,906 times
Save the fake outrage--the illegal enemy combatant policy was developed under the Bush administration. If you're a suspected terrorist, you lose your rights as an American citizen. The Bushies held American Jose Padilla--suspected of aiding terrorists--for three and half years in a military prison as an illegal enemy combatant--he had no right to an attorney, no right to a civilian trial. He was finally moved to civilian court because of pressure by civil liberties organizations like the ACLU. He was convicted of some of the lesser charges but they found he was innocent of the major ones. He's serving 17 years.

I think this is a very complicated and painful issue. I don't know the answer. If they KNOW without a doubt that the guy is out there actively working to commit terrorist acts against us, and they can't find him to arrest him to stop him, then what do you do? Shoot to kill, or let him go until you can arrest him? I personally don't like it, but letting him run loose isn't the answer either. As far as your comment goes, for someone who calls themselves a conservative to be "horrified" by this action is about as hypocritical as it gets, and it's just one more example of the truth not mattering--just your blind hatred at any cost of this admin, no matter the impact on the country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%...illa_(prisoner)

Old 09-25-2010, 04:54 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,789,312 times
Why do some Republicans think we should not target and kill terrorists? Who's side are they on?

Old 09-25-2010, 05:01 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,991,745 times
You can target and arrest terrorists. Give them due process and evaluate the proof against them. And, then give them due punishment or release them if found innocent. You can't just go on a witch hunt and blast everyone away who is accused of being a traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Why do some Republicans think we should not target and kill terrorists? Who's side are they on?

Old 09-25-2010, 05:02 PM
OED

14 posts, read 12,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
If they are terrorists, then you should have no problem trying them in a court of law.

Why do some Dems hate the fundamental pillar of liberty: habeas corpus?

Old 09-25-2010, 05:05 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,484,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
If he cant be brought to justice through normal channels what do YOU suggest? If these American citizens are a continued threat to our country, and basically untouchable, then I really don't care. I doubt you do either.
Just wants something to pretend to be upset about as usual...I'm soooo outraged over this, aren't you? YAWN....

Old 09-25-2010, 05:12 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,789,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OED View Post
If they are terrorists, then you should have no problem trying them in a court of law.

Why do some Dems hate the fundamental pillar of liberty: habeas corpus?
Should we just round up every terrorist in Afghanistan and Pakistan or wherever and put them on trial?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies