Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 03:25 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

Lies, Damned Lies

Quote:
Remember when the president said, “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor”?...

Remember the Obama administration’s promise that Obamacare would cut a typical family’s premium “by up to $2500 a year”?....

Remember the promise that Obamacare would “strengthen small businesses”?...
Read on for the rest of the "remember whens".

What a friggin disaster. Everything they warned about is coming to fruition.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/Obamacare-is-even-worse-than-critics-thought-960772-103571664.html (broken link)

Quote:
Six months ago, President Obama, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi rammed Obamacare down the throats of an unwilling American public. Half a year removed from the unprecedented legislative chicanery and backroom dealing that characterized the bill's passage, we know much more about the bill than we did then.
What we know was predicted, expected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 03:34 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
....and yet we still have people who don't see all of his many failures. Even with many in his own party turning against him and his failed, unpopular policies, we have people defending him. The're gonna ride that dead horse all the way, no matter how foolish it makes them look..
The democrats in Washington see him as poison, why do the loons in CD think he has any redeeming value...?

Old 09-23-2010, 03:48 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
That link and article are nothing but far right wing rhetoric with no substance.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
That link and article are nothing but far right wing rhetoric with no substance.
No substance?

What about all the "remember whens" that were flat out LIES?

Just the first 3 - keeping your plan - NO, lowering premiums - NO, helping small business - NO. The bill he signed accomplishes NONE of the goals he laid out initially.

Can you refute just those 3?

Btw, did you bother to read those two pieces?

Old 09-23-2010, 04:00 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
....and yet we still have people who don't see all of his many failures. Even with many in his own party turning against him and his failed, unpopular policies, we have people defending him. The're gonna ride that dead horse all the way, no matter how foolish it makes them look..
The democrats in Washington see him as poison, why do the loons in CD think he has any redeeming value...?
same reason why the loons in DC think that... they are dyslexic

Old 09-23-2010, 04:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
He did not lie on you could keep your current coverage if you wanted it;just didn't say the last part ;if you can afford it.My self insured policy is goig up in my cost by 18.9% thsi year because of mandates in the coverage. That is with mnay changes on coverage to future retire that retire befor 65. New hires will have to pay 100% if they retire before 65.Bascailly it elimnates the helthcare board that includes employees at my company that can make chaneges to keep the premium cost lower for our group bascailly. that has driven prices much high and other cuts such as new hiores is the only place they can cut by what they will pay as a share.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:16 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Is there any DEMOCRATS running on an election platform of: Heath Care isn't it wonderful that I got it passed!!!!!

If Obama and this Health Care policy is so great why are Democrats RUNNING AWAY LIKE COWARDS. You got what you wanted you frigging a holes now hold it up like the shining POS that it is and proclaim to all the world I should be elected because of this glorious piece of crap and my support for our wonderful leader Obama. See how Obama sends out his WIFE to do his job of supporting my campaign.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:23 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
He lied to everyone.

My rates just went up almost 700.00 per month thanks to the scam care bill.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:24 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Is there any DEMOCRATS running on an election platform of: Heath Care isn't it wonderful that I got it passed!!!!!

If Obama and this Health Care policy is so great why are Democrats RUNNING AWAY LIKE COWARDS. You got what you wanted you frigging a holes now hold it up like the shining POS that it is and proclaim to all the world I should be elected because of this glorious piece of crap and my support for our wonderful leader Obama. See how Obama sends out his WIFE to do his job of supporting my campaign.

You wont find a dem using this to run on, they are scared to even mention it knowing that the huge majority did not want it to pass and that the majority would repeal it in a heartbeat.

Dems are a bunch of back door corrupt thieves.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:29 PM

152 posts, read 186,065 times
Your insurance rates have been going up by double digits every year for the past 10 years. Obama had nothing to do with it. Corporate greed and relaxation of government controls under Bush has everything to do with it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies