Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 11:22 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times

Advertisements

Hot Air » Uh oh: DoJ lawyer to testify tomorrow on voter-intimidation case dismissal

When the Civil Rights Commission attempted to discover why the Department of Justice dropped a voter-intimidation case they had already won, the Obama administration told the attorneys in the Civil Rights division to ignore subpoenas from the panel. At the time they complied, but one of the key potential witnesses to the decision has decided to break his silence. In an exclusive, Pajamas Media has the letter from Christopher Coates requesting an immediate audience before the Commission:

http://pajamasmedia.com/files/2010/0...2-10_REVII.pdf

Holder's face at the news >>>>>>

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 08:20 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
What, no posts? Where is everybody?

Christopher Coates' testimony about race-based justice under the Obama Administration seems pretty damning to the President. Coates told the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights that the Department of Justice’s conduct in the New Black Panther Party case was a “travesty of justice.”

Christopher Coates Race-based Justice Testimony... | Gather

http://www.c-spanarchives.org/program/ID/233636
View Entire Event (2 Programs)

Old 09-25-2010, 08:38 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times
I had the day off yesterday and a honey-do list a mile long. But I spotted Coates on CSPAN and remembered the DOJ had moved him out of DC so Congress couldn't immediately get their hands on him. His testimony was shocking.

The libs can't touch him. He's not some grouchy old conservative, he's a former ACLU lawyer who's entire professional life has been dedicated to voters rights.

Coates received the Thurgood Marshall Decade Award in 1991 from the Georgia NAACP, as well as the Environmental Justice Award in 1994 from the Georgia Environmental Organization (The Heritage Foundation, 9/23/2010). Christopher Coates to Testify Friday on New Black Panther Case | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.

It is difficult not to draw the conclusion that Eric Holder's DOJ has no interest in protecting the interests of white voters. And Obama is Holder's boss.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:20 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,218,878 times
I watched a bit of that. Saw some Colbert, too. I was amused, during his opening statement - Colbert's - that a part of his goal in testifying was to make it to CSPAN1... Coates was on CSPAN1.

Sounds like some political appointments at Justice need to be fired, or investigated by a more conservative Congress.

Interesting how there are NO references to the Coates testimony anywhere in the apparently defunct MSM, and no references to that defunct MSM in this thread.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post

Interesting how there are NO references to the Coates testimony anywhere in the apparently defunct MSM, and no references to that defunct MSM in this thread.
The MSM realizes just how bad this makes the Obama administration look. WaPo covered it to a degree, the NYT tried to ignore, but the Politico did a decent job.

This was powerful, shocking testimony. If a Republican administration pulled this the AG would have resigned by now and there would be calls on the left for impeachment of the president.

Reverse-racism is bad for the country. It creates massive walls of mistrust between the races. Government-sponsored reverse-racism needs to rooted out, starting with Eric Holder, who is obviously condoning the practice.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:12 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I had the day off yesterday and a honey-do list a mile long. But I spotted Coates on CSPAN and remembered the DOJ had moved him out of DC so Congress couldn't immediately get their hands on him. His testimony was shocking.

The libs can't touch him. He's not some grouchy old conservative, he's a former ACLU lawyer who's entire professional life has been dedicated to voters rights.

Coates received the Thurgood Marshall Decade Award in 1991 from the Georgia NAACP, as well as the Environmental Justice Award in 1994 from the Georgia Environmental Organization (The Heritage Foundation, 9/23/2010). Christopher Coates to Testify Friday on New Black Panther Case | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.

It is difficult not to draw the conclusion that Eric Holder's DOJ has no interest in protecting the interests of white voters. And Obama is Holder's boss.
The DOJ prevented him from testifying for a year. I don't know how he finally got around that.

Quote:
The MSM realizes just how bad this makes the Obama administration look. WaPo covered it to a degree, the NYT tried to ignore, but the Politico did a decent job.

This was powerful, shocking testimony. If a Republican administration pulled this the AG would have resigned by now and there would be calls on the left for impeachment of the president.

Reverse-racism is bad for the country. It creates massive walls of mistrust between the races. Government-sponsored reverse-racism needs to rooted out, starting with Eric Holder, who is obviously condoning the practice.
Agreed! (Did you Obama supporters notice how silent he is on this issue? ... I didn't think so.)

Old 09-25-2010, 11:25 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
The DOJ prevented him from testifying for a year. I don't know how he finally got around that.

Agreed! (Did you Obama supporters notice how silent he is on this issue? ... I didn't think so.)
What I see is that the CD posters who are first to throw out the race card are curiously silent from this thread and the other dealing with the NBP investigation. Does this mean they only believe racism is a one way street?

Old 09-25-2010, 04:47 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,655,065 times
Just read about this...Finally - get all the hypocritical racists out of Washington!

Old 09-25-2010, 04:53 PM

785 posts, read 619,683 times
Quote:

There is no such thing as "reverse racism". Please stop using the term. To be a reverse of something, you need a starting point. No one race created racism, it is found throughout history all over the world. Whites are not the starting point of racism. Racism is racism, plain and simple.

Eric Holder is a racist. Given his power, the US government is actively engaged in institutional racism.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
There is no such thing as "reverse racism". Please stop using the term. To be a reverse of something, you need a starting point. No one race created racism, it is found throughout history all over the world. Whites are not the starting point of racism. Racism is racism, plain and simple.

Eric Holder is a racist. Given his power, the US government is actively engaged in institutional racism.
I can accept that logic. However, I use the term because many black people say it's impossible for them to be racist, only white people can be racist because they are the ones in power. Institutional racism is an abuse of power, and the term reverse racism is a phrase easily understood and which accurately depicts the current situation in Washington.

But you are right, racism is racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies