Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Homosexuality and morality.
It is evil because God said it is evil. They don't reproduce. They are lustful. etc. 12 15.00%
It is evil because our culture scorns it. We should stop the evil doers now. 2 2.50%
When I evaluate the facts it is not evil. Nobody is harmed. It is innocent if it is with consenting adults. 55 68.75%
When I evaluate the facts it is all a subjective matter. 5 6.25%
Other opinions that I will express on the forum. 6 7.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 07:48 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,431,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
No not evil just a confused state of mind.
Then re-education camps are in order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 07:50 PM

25,146 posts, read 54,170,433 times
Oh lol. That is hilarious. Imagine a grown adult man saying "But mommy told me to believe." Believe it or not. Grown adult men are that socially retarded these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Because that what their mommy told them!

Old 08-31-2010, 07:55 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,244,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
None of us is guaranteed the ability to marry the love of our lives. Life is not fair. There is no fairytale. Your point?
clutching at straws?

If you don't marry the person you love, the state is not stopping you now is it?

Life might get in the way. But not the state.

What an absurd argument.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:00 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,842,918 times
Quote:
None of us is guaranteed the ability to marry the love of our lives. Life is not fair. There is no fairytale. Your point?
In a free society, there needs to be a good reason to ban people from doing what they want to do. The best reasoning that the opponents of same-sex marriage can come up with is, "Well, it's the way we've always done it." Sorry, but that's not good enough. If it were, then blacks would still be slaves, and women wouldn't have a right to vote.

Besides that, your comment is mean-spirited. Unfortunately, I think mean-spiritedness is essentially what drives the opponents of same-sex marriage.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 08-31-2010 at 08:17 PM..

Old 08-31-2010, 08:14 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,664,663 times
Quote:
First don't get your panties all in a bunch, i saw this was heading right to the same old thing Religion over and over agian so I threw in a new thing for you to cry about instead of the same old thing LOL if ya don't want to see others views don't start a post.
Mental disorder, simple as that. continue on.
Education is the key......YOU may want to try it sometime.....Where have you been the past three decades????? Please provide links showing being gay is a mental disorder????? And use reputable, scientific sources, such as The American Psychiatric Association, as I have and GOOD LUCK!!!
Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality

The American Psychological Association Answers Your Questions About Sexual Orientation and Homosexuality (http://www.soulforce.org/article/643 - broken link)

Gay Is Okay With APA (American Psychiatric Association) (http://www.soulforce.org/article/642 - broken link)

Answers to Your Questions For a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation & Homosexuality

YouTube - HOMOSEXUAL MENTAL HEALTH HISTORY 1973: A Year of Change"

YouTube - Sexual Orientation and Homosexuality from APA part 1

YouTube - Sexual Orientation and Homosexuality from APA part 2

Old 08-31-2010, 08:15 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,088,131 times
Quote:
True...however, you as a heterosexual have that choice...you have the ability should the opportunity present itself to marry the love of your life.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:23 PM

12,380 posts, read 27,023,200 times
Its not evil , but those who sell there bodies for sex (Male Prostitutes) are evil and should be quarantined...... That goes for straight ppl aswell.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:52 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,446,259 times
[quote=PITTSTON2SARASOTA;15708714]Education is the key......YOU may want to try it sometime.....Where have you been the past three decades????? Please provide links showing being gay is a mental disorder????? And use reputable, scientific sources, such as The American Psychiatric Association, as I have and GOOD LUCK!!!

Well I don't think they discovered any physical proof i've seen it all before, it's just an opinion and anyone can have an opinion, you might want to show some real physical proof but there isn't any and we have all heard it all before.
You might want to try animal theory next, yeah I've heard that one too.
Sorry but all the evidence you want to provide is in the end just opinion.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:19 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,842,918 times
Quote:
Sorry but all the evidence you want to provide is in the end just opinion.
Yes, it's opinion, but it's opinion from professionals in psychology and medicine. I think I'll give more credence to their opinions than what I hear from the anti-gay crowd - most of whom aren't very well-educated.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:24 PM

33,386 posts, read 35,123,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Is homosexuality evil? How come? Why not?

Here are two definitions of evil.

"# morally bad or wrong; "evil purposes"; "an evil influence"; "evil deeds"

"# Evil is defined as something that is immoral, causes pain or harm, is offensive, or threatening. In many cultures evil is a broad term used to describe what are seen as subjectively harmful deeds that are labeled as such to steer moral support. Evil is usually contrasted with good."

define: evil - Google Search
while i believe that homosexuality is morally wrong, i dont believe it is evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies