Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 10:48 AM

646 posts, read 394,451 times

Advertisements

barry isn't a muslim, and he isn't a christian. he's whatever you want him to be, because he's a politician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 10:57 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,648,278 times
He will be whatever is expedient for him at the moment. To 1.5 billion muslims, he is indeed a muslim (father is muslim, followed patrilineally without question). He also has followed black liberation theology (closeted marxism). So in affect is probably either agnostic or atheist, and merely giving lip service to the "great unwashed". Well, half of the unwashed masses here fell for it and voted the guy into office. Though I have often wondered if there is some clandestine "connection" between islam and liberation "theology".

Old 08-31-2010, 11:00 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,199,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
Who cares what religion, if any at all, he belongs to. President Obama's character and policies are the only things that matter. Religion, or lack thereof, should not determine whether someone is competent to serve in public office.
If the man would lie about God , does that determine whether someone is competent to serve in public office ?

Old 08-31-2010, 11:28 AM

507 posts, read 678,982 times
All of this makes me extremely uncomfortable. I was raised in the church (though I am now on the "questioning" side for many reasons), and as such I was taught that if someone said that Jesus died on the cross for his or her sins (meaning that Jesus is this person's savior) that person is a Christian. Period. I really can't believe that people see themselves as so pious and superior, that they are actually willing to judge someone else's faith. What was that about getting the beam out of your own eye? Hypocrisy like this just pushes me farther away from the church.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:01 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,894,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
1 in 5 Americans are very stupid people.
2 in 5 Americans are Democrats, so you are low in your assessment of how many Ameicans are stupid people..!..

Old 08-31-2010, 09:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,881,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
All of this makes me extremely uncomfortable. I was raised in the church (though I am now on the "questioning" side for many reasons), and as such I was taught that if someone said that Jesus died on the cross for his or her sins (meaning that Jesus is this person's savior) that person is a Christian. Period. I really can't believe that people see themselves as so pious and superior, that they are actually willing to judge someone else's faith. What was that about getting the beam out of your own eye? Hypocrisy like this just pushes me farther away from the church.
it is one thing to say the words, it is quite another to try and live them. there are many clergy these days that dont believe the word of god, but they will say the words publicly to put up a good front.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:39 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,953,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBeautyGoodness View Post
People need to pick a smear and go with it, its too confusing otherwise. Apparently the Muslim one is winning, since 1 in 5 Americans believe it.

I heard all these "You don't sit in the congregation of Rev Wright for 20 years and not come out (insert something insulting)," but how about this; "You don't sit in the congregation of Rev Wright for 20 years and come our a Muslim."
What a nice TITLE apparently, you are Muslim or you have no respect for others!!!

Old 08-31-2010, 09:41 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,840,581 times
i don't think He knows..so how are we supposed to know?

Old 03-14-2012, 11:55 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,844,982 times
This question does not bear repeating.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:30 AM

24,439 posts, read 23,103,140 times
Honestly I think he's probably an athiest. He used that cretin Reverend Wright's church for personal and political gain, nothing more. He barely attends church and is always hyper sensitive not to let any show of faith offend anyone. I don't think he's a moslem, either. Again he just doesn't want to offend anyone or be criticized by anyone for a display of religious faith of any kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies