Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 01:22 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times

Advertisements

"On Aug. 7, 2010, The Washington Post headline read, 'Beer warehouse shooter long complained of racism.' Of course, Thornton was fired for stealing beer, and there was video proof of him doing so. But this fact -- the one indisputable and most pertinent pre-murder fact -- got lost within the larger context of Thornton's claims of being a victim of whites."

The Dennis Prager Show

As in other areas like education and parental responsibility, blacks are treated to low expectations and easy outs by the left who express their view of blacks as inferior by their actions. The excuse making in this case is just another example of passive racism by those on the left who refuse to hold blacks to an equal standard with whites.

Last edited by momonkey; 08-24-2010 at 01:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 03:20 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,509,647 times
Any sane person that felt they were the victim of racism at work would find another job. Not go shoot people.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:21 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,362 times
The guy steals beer from his employers, is caught on video, and brings a gun to the hearing where they are going to show him the video and ask him nicely to quit (as if a white employee wouldn't be thrown in jail).

Everyone talks about "equality," but the preferred races (and I don't mean white) are pampered like spoiled children, and excused no matter what they do because their "ancestors were slaves."

Plenty of groups were held as slaves throughout the course of human history, and there's still discrimination against anyone who isn't of the majority in their locality, yet only one group routinely finds those as excuses to commit crimes. And don't forget Africa had a great slave-trade going before the white guys ever got the idea of shipping them to America.

Call me a racist, but my favorite professor in Grad School was African American, and my favorite columnist is Thomas Sowell. I believe in merit-based rewards, and when we go to that as a standard (rather than quotas of minorities), then you'll see racism start to die down. But not until.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:53 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,925,580 times
incorrect. racism will die down when people stop looking for it in everything, like the op routinely does. the op is no different then a jackson, sharpton, or a duke, in regards to looking at race in everything.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:57 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,280,661 times
I think the guy was nuts and stressed himself out about his perceived discrimination/racism. How come other black guys who worked there didn't complain of racism? I worked with a black guy who was like this, every time management would say something to him, he would say "they racist" or "they prejudice". You can't perceive everything a white guy does as discriminatory, unless your paranoid. Which is possible what he was.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:04 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
I blame the MSM and the Obama administration for putting these feelings into this guys head.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:20 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I blame the MSM and the Obama administration for putting these feelings into this guys head.
I blame rightwingers on city-data for it.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:23 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I blame rightwingers on city-data for it.
Nice retort.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:28 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
I think the guy was nuts and stressed himself out about his perceived discrimination/racism. How come other black guys who worked there didn't complain of racism? I worked with a black guy who was like this, every time management would say something to him, he would say "they racist" or "they prejudice". You can't perceive everything a white guy does as discriminatory, unless your paranoid. Which is possible what he was.
Did he say it that way. Did he forget to add "are"racist. "They be racist" maybe you prefer. You guys are so smooth. That guy was nuts,plain and simple. The shooters at columbine were races that doesn't mean they were not nuts. It didn't matter if they put him in circle and chanted the "N" word to go and kill those people was a terrible thing. But of course some on the right are going to use it to perpetrate "white fear". All designed by the right to hurt any one black person they can. Nothing new about it.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:05 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Any sane person that felt they were the victim of racism at work would find another job. Not go shoot people.
Which goes to show not everybody is sane. Most workplace shootings are the result of people just reaching a point for whatever reason where RATIONAL problem resolution no longer is part of their thought process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies