Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 10:42 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,844,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Vote Democrat if you value your pay or unemployment check.
This is a very strange comment. By definition, to receive an unemployment check you must first be unemployed. Why would anyone place positive value on being unemployed? Not sure if that's what you meant - I hope not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 10:48 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,757,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
The economy will not improve until Obama is gone.
Quote:
Voting Republican will help the economics of the uppermost few at the cost to everyone else. Vote Democrat if you value your pay or unemployment check.
Both of you should read this...as the two of you are prime examples of how many people on both sides of the political fence have no understanding of how economic policy has changed since Obama took office (spoiler: its essentially the same as it was before he was in office).

Rolling Stone’s Matt Taibbi: Obama’s Big Sellout

Old 08-17-2010, 11:00 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,210,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE MY HARLEY View Post
how is it wrong??

does giving someone an entitlement, give them the motivation to get a job, or motivate them to sit in complacincy and recieve a check for nothing

democrats have keep the people down with their 'good' deeds

sorry but handouts with out responsibility, are not a good thing

trickle up economics doesnt work either

If you are against party-line voting, then be against both sides doing it. Ahem...trickle DOWN didn't work, either.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:33 PM

66 posts, read 39,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
If you are against party-line voting, then be against both sides doing it. Ahem...trickle DOWN didn't work, either.

I never said trickle down worked or worked well, I said trickle up doesnt work either

I have never voted a party line, and think the people that do are just ignorant.

vote for the PERSON, not the party

a mind is a terrible thing to waste

Old 08-23-2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE MY HARLEY View Post
I never said trickle down worked or worked well, I said trickle up doesnt work either

I have never voted a party line, and think the people that do are just ignorant.

vote for the PERSON, not the party

a mind is a terrible thing to waste

I haven't voted party line in a while, it's lazy and ignorant.

And yes, a mind is a terrible thing. It must be stopped before it kills somebody.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:40 AM

30,524 posts, read 19,019,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
..Followed by unemployment and the federal deficit.

All of this other crap, and faked outrage over minutia is just a diversion.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Poll shows economy will be key to midterms « - Blogs from CNN.com

CNN) – Heading into this year's midterm elections, the economy remains the most important problem on the minds of Americans, according to a new CNN/Opinion Research poll.

Full results (pdf)

According to the new survey, 56 percent of the public says that the economy will be extremely important to their vote for Congress this year, making that the only issue that a majority said would be vital to their vote.

....... which is why the dems will lose congress in 2010 and the presidency in 2012. The democratic congress has created the greatest financial disaster since the depression and will be held accountable by the voters. Obama's "blame Bush" policy ignores the fact that the democratic congress took a good economy with low unemployment and ruined it. The voters will show in November that they are not as gullible as Obama thinks.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:04 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,277,155 times
Quote:
Voting Republican will help the economics of the uppermost few at the cost to everyone else. Vote Democrat if you value your pay or unemployment check.
if you are doing better now then you were before Obama and then Dem control of congress in 2006 then you will vote Democratic. If you are not doing as well you should look a different direction

Old 08-23-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
....... which is why the dems will lose congress in 2010 and the presidency in 2012. The democratic congress has created the greatest financial disaster since the depression and will be held accountable by the voters. Obama's "blame Bush" policy ignores the fact that the democratic congress took a good economy with low unemployment and ruined it. The voters will show in November that they are not as gullible as Obama thinks.
Really? you don't think the GOP had anything to do with the meltdown? Just the democrats? I think you need to look again, this time with both eyes.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:37 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,275,457 times
It's Still the Economy, Stupid

And then the CBO gives us this....

Old 08-23-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
It's Still the Economy, Stupid

And then the CBO gives us this....

Pretty graph, now, you want to show another one for the recession?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies