Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 12:19 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,612,653 times

Advertisements

Him and that other crazy lady from Tx (don't remember her name) yelling with no back up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 12:20 PM

37,199 posts, read 42,462,414 times
This is what happens when "the will of the people" is inacted. "The people" are not that bright, unfortunately.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:28 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,336,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
This truly might be the single stupidest thing I have ever heard....
Stick around it's an election year. The conservative right is guaranteed to provide us with more pricless pearls of wisdom.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:22 PM

47,128 posts, read 26,270,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
That was a badly conducted interview... it was hard to even follow what the points were. Anderson Cooper did a poor job of controlling the interview and Rep. Gohmert did a poor job in getting his point across with his ranting.
How do you conduct an interview with weapons-grade crazy?

Old 08-15-2010, 01:34 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,673,361 times
And people want republicans back in control of both houses.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:52 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,937,560 times
I can't imagine being a representitive in the halls of congress listening to something like this from a collegue... I would be embarrassed and ashamed.
do we have some serious problems in this country? absolutely...
do these people (republicans)have what it takes to solve them? absolutely not...
my major beef with conservatives aside from the crazies like this.. is the mentality that the ends justify the means..
sure you can get lots of things done and changed if you totally disregard 50 percent of the population and their rights and best interests.. and when you do.. can you look back and really say it helped? or did you just follow a narrow track to accomplish a goal only to create new and even worse problems in your wake? being a leader is not easy.. and change doesn't happen overnight.. everything is a timely balance at all times. someone that is clearly unbalanced upstairs is not fit for the position..

Old 08-15-2010, 04:27 PM

256 posts, read 481,258 times
^^^^

And to make it worse this guy was also a Federal Judge. I am truly ashamed of the people who appointed this fool to the bench, then helped him get elected to congress.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:05 PM

5,718 posts, read 6,477,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleWA View Post

YouTube - Anderson Cooper Presses Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) for Evidence of "Terror Babies"

Notice how he refuses to provide evidence to back up his ridiculous theories while also failing to undertake any substantial research before fear mongering to the entire nation. How in the world did the good people of Texas elect this fool to Congress?
I guess somebody saw the movie "Salt" !

Old 08-15-2010, 05:55 PM

22,270 posts, read 19,601,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
I can't imagine being a representitive in the halls of congress listening to something like this from a collegue... I would be embarrassed and ashamed.
do we have some serious problems in this country? absolutely...
do these people (republicans)have what it takes to solve them? absolutely not...
my major beef with conservatives aside from the crazies like this.. is the mentality that the ends justify the means..
sure you can get lots of things done and changed if you totally disregard 50 percent of the population and their rights and best interests.. and when you do.. can you look back and really say it helped? or did you just follow a narrow track to accomplish a goal only to create new and even worse problems in your wake? being a leader is not easy.. and change doesn't happen overnight.. everything is a timely balance at all times. someone that is clearly unbalanced upstairs is not fit for the position..
Agreed, seriously this is just so deranged on so many levels its astonishing. Seriously, I think Gohmert has some serious mental issues.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:04 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,612,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleWA View Post
^^^^

And to make it worse this guy was also a Federal Judge. I am truly ashamed of the people who appointed this fool to the bench, then helped him get elected to congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies