Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 10:25 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times

Advertisements

Democrats still blaming Bush

don't see many repugs bragging him up either.

During the Cheney/Bush administration ALL the repugs could say was ...."But CLINTON" ( do a search just here in CD...)....everything was Clinton's fault(but not that SURPLUS, oh, no that was...oh., let's pretend there wasn't one!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 10:32 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Democrats still blaming Bush

don't see many repugs bragging him up either.

During the Cheney/Bush administration ALL the repugs could say was ...."But CLINTON" ( do a search just here in CD...)....everything was Clinton's fault(but not that SURPLUS, oh, no that was...oh., let's pretend there wasn't one!)
When I think of Clinton, I think of cigars.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:52 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
I don't think most people would, but in a way, that is the choice coming up in the next few elections. Do we go back to the Bush economic policies, or do we forge ahead with the current one?

In any case, if you are pulling for the GOP, I can see why you'd be nervous whenever Bush's name comes up. I don't see much desire to return to that administration, outside of the members of the GOP. So this is just an infrequent smart move by the Dems, to remind everyone what the two options are.

Running against unpopularity?

Name a Bush economic policy and how it failed.

I'll wait.

See, that strategy works fine until they actually have to explain what the policies were and how they negatively impacted the economy.

Oh, and one other thing...

The Democrats have controlled Congress for more than three years and the entire federal government for almost two. If the "Bush policies" have not been changed in that time, they are Obama policies and Democrat policies.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I only blame G W Bush for the damaging things he did. I have lots of choices. I only blame Clinton for the damages he did.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:04 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,651,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Running against unpopularity?

Name a Bush economic policy and how it failed.

I'll wait.

See, that strategy works fine until they actually have to explain what the policies were and how they negatively impacted the economy.

Oh, and one other thing...

The Democrats have controlled Congress for more than three years and the entire federal government for almost two. If the "Bush policies" have not been changed in that time, they are Obama policies and Democrat policies.
The thing is that you ask a liberal about which of Bush's economic policies failed and caused our problems and they give you some MSM fog like rhetoric about how he caused all of our problems but there is nothing substantive. They always bring up the war and of course we all know that a President cannot order a war and does not have the authority to do so. But if it is the cost of the war that we are worried about, why is the Spending Bill that Obama and his cronies passed a good thing?

When it comes down to the Bush tax Cuts, these were a good thing. And the cost of entitlement programs makes the tax cuts look minuscule. Why not cut these?

What about Federal salaries? The average wage of a government employee is 123K according to USA Today. Lets reduce these salaries to be more in line with the private sector and save some money that way. After all, the private sector is the one paying for these salaries.

Bush spent like a liberal in his time in office and I cannot accept that. But for Obama to say that we will revert back to these failed policies when he has introduced the most devastating spending in our countries history with nothing to show for it, it is hypocritical. Again, it just goes to show that the democrats are clutching at straws and have absolutely zero successes to hang their hat on.

Mo, please don't hold your breath waiting for an answer to these things. You may cut off oxygen to you brain and turn into a liberal.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:49 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
What about Federal salaries? The average wage of a government employee is 123K according to USA Today. Lets reduce these salaries to be more in line with the private sector and save some money that way. After all, the private sector is the one paying for these salaries.
They have high salaries because the federal employees unions are growing, and the democrats know that the more money they pay in federal salaries, the more money their unions have to contribute to their campaigns, and the more pro-democrat TV ads and the more anti-republican attack ads they will run.

The $26 billion state aid bill, that Pelosi is calling congress back into session to vote on, is just more money to state employee unions, so they can run campaign ads for democrats, in time for the November elections.

We need to prohibit state and federal employees from joining unions, and ban unions from engaging in any form of politics.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
They have high salaries because the federal employees unions are growing, and the democrats know that the more money they pay in federal salaries, the more money their unions have to contribute to their campaigns, and the more pro-democrat TV ads and the more anti-republican attack ads they will run.

The $26 billion state aid bill, that Pelosi is calling congress back into session to vote on, is just more money to state employee unions, so they can run campaign ads for democrats, in time for the November elections.

We need to prohibit state and federal employees from joining unions, and ban unions from engaging in any form of politics.
hey it is only 26 billion which is a drop in the bucket compared to the debt we already have. Plus Obama said it is already paid for so it must be!!

Old 08-11-2010, 10:00 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Thumbs up Democrats still blaming Bush

Could it be because Bush is still responsible for all the things he messed up? Like two wars and the economy, for starters.

WWII ended 60 years ago. We still blame Hitler.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Could it be because Bush is still responsible for all the things he messed up? Like two wars and the economy, for starters.

WWII ended 60 years ago. We still blame Hitler.
Did Bush start the wars without Congressional approval?

What did he do to wreck the economy?

Old 08-11-2010, 01:51 PM

BTW, some excellent posts in here about the Democrats wrecking the economy:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ss-2007-a.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies