Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2010, 04:49 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,364,679 times

Advertisements

I like Bobby Jindal; He seems to be a hands on guy who looks past the BS. I'm posting this because Jindal shows a little more fire then usual;

YouTube - Let Us Go Back To Work

enjoy, are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 05:28 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,789,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
I like Bobby Jindal; He seems to be a hands on guy who looks past the BS. I'm posting this because Jindal shows a little more fire then usual;

YouTube - Let Us Go Back To Work

enjoy, are not.

I like his message here, that is for sure. I do not know alot about him, but I also favor the government(whether Republican or Democrat) stepping aside when it comes to free markets and free enterprise. Maybe if the government would have used a little common sense on the oil spill matter, this would have been taken care of months ago. I cannot stand bailouts, just a waste of our tax dollars(no matter what Bush or Obama backers say). That is my opinion, and I'm sticking to it

Old 07-21-2010, 05:29 PM

571 posts, read 944,975 times
Something about him just rubs me the wrong way. He seems almost like he's putting on huge, pretentious airs whenever I see him, as if he's trying to be the "Republican Obama". And didn't he change his name to Bobby or something to make it sound "more American"? Why would anybody be ashamed of his/her heritage like that?

Old 07-21-2010, 05:37 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,697,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
Something about him just rubs me the wrong way. He seems almost like he's putting on huge, pretentious airs whenever I see him, as if he's trying to be the "Republican Obama". And didn't he change his name to Bobby or something to make it sound "more American"? Why would anybody be ashamed of his/her heritage like that?
Marketing maybe? Unless he is "Bobby" ( Piyush just does not cut it with bubba!) and a Christian, it would be probably tough for him to get elected gov in Lousiana - mayor of a town maybe, but not gov. Pure marketing for politics, which is ok as he is not hurting anyone....others do things that are far worse.

Last edited by calmdude; 07-21-2010 at 06:02 PM..

Old 07-21-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
I can see how you would think that, he does come off, well like you said, "like he's putting on huge, pretentious airs".
but, IMO, he is a good governor. He speaks best when he's not trying to sound like a governor but when he's knee deep into an issue. If he runs again he has my vote, my liberal wife's too. (so she says!)

Old 07-21-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Marketing maybe? Unless he is "Bobby" ( Piyush just does not cut it) and a Christian, it would be probably tough for him to get elected gov in Lousiana - mayor of a town maybe, but not gov. Pure marketing for politics, which is ok as he is not hurting anyone....other do things that are far worse.

FYI, I was interested too;

Bobby Jindal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Jindal's nickname dates to his childhood identification with a sitcom character. He has said, "Every day after school, I'd come home and I'd watch The Brady Bunch. And I identified with Bobby, you know? He was about my age, and 'Bobby' stuck." He has been known by his nickname ever since, though his legal name remains Piyush Jindal.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:45 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,662,205 times
I really like him and he is saying what we are all saying.
We don't want their government checks, we want to earn our living by doing what we do best.
Obama, get out of our lives!

Old 07-21-2010, 06:47 PM

37,159 posts, read 42,313,835 times
Then nominate him and let him have a go at it.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:37 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,727,231 times
After all, Obama wasn't Barack Hussein Obama until he was elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies