Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 07:04 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,562,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Tea Party "Uni-Tea" Race Summit Follows NAACP Flap

"In the wake of the NAACP's passage of a resolution condemning racism in the Tea Party movement, a Tea Party group is holding a "Uni-Tea" convention celebrating the diversity of the movement."
Hhm, let me know when that is, after the 20 people that show up to that get there (1/2 of them probably non white)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
President Obama to Matt Lauer: Tea Party activists have 'legitimate concerns'
Obama making another mistake, pendering to people who will hate him with a passion, no matter what he does, unlike Bush, who most of them tolerated or even loved.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:30 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,796,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I blame that on the media and people being too lazy to inform themselves. I know several people who saw those one or two racist signs and equated that to hundreds of people marching around with racist signs...but I think that's what the media intended my looping that same 3 second clip over and over again.
I blame it on that people are finally seeing the TP for what it is, a bunch of 50 somethng bitter white folks who think their medicare has been taking away.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
I blame it on that people are finally seeing the TP for what it is, a bunch of 50 somethng bitter white folks who think their medicare has been taking away.
The same "educated" folks that post signs like "Government! Hands off my Medicare!"....
they hate government, but I bet the Tea Party crowd would love a federal mandate that the federal government will let them "take America back".......

Old 07-19-2010, 07:57 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,858,199 times
Quote:

how ironic that being govt ran as well. dont foget they are hypocrites they are anti government and use govt services at the same time

Old 07-19-2010, 08:58 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,674,139 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
The same "educated" folks that post signs like "Government! Hands off my Medicare!"....
they hate government, but I bet the Tea Party crowd would love a federal mandate that the federal government will let them "take America back".......
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
how ironic that being govt ran as well. dont foget they are hypocrites they are anti government and use govt services at the same time
Wouldn't that be the Democrat/Liberal members of the Tea Party who are afraid of losing Medicare?

Old 07-19-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
Wouldn't that be the Democrat/Liberal members of the Tea Party who are afraid of losing Medicare?
Well, they're just as ill informed too, but I bet there are more white guys in the NBA or black guys in the NHL then there are Democrat/Liberal Tea Party members....ha, ha.
And the OP title, misleading, the article said 4 out of 10, democrats OR independents.
Democrats are generally not welcome at these tea parties, which are nothing more than anti Obama rallies and were no where to be found when Bush spent more $ than any other president in history....
Obama's spending, so far, most of it, is used to try to fix the mess that Bush made.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:15 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,204,306 times
Quote:
Hhm, let me know when that is, after the 20 people that show up to that get there (1/2 of them probably non white)
Check out some of the headliners, there will be more than a dozen of them.
UNI-TEA.com - United Tea Party of all Communities

It will be July 31st at the Independence mall, Philadelphia, noon to three.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:16 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,674,139 times
Quote:
I bet there are more white guys in the NBA or black guys in the NHL then there are Democrat/Liberal Tea Party members....
I find it odd that you know off the top of your head how many whites and blacks are in NBA/NHL.

Quote:
Democrats are generally not welcome at these tea parties
Proof?

Old 07-19-2010, 09:24 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,334,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Sadly it is very few,most LOVE their party and will not ever think of voting otherwise.
Not so in Colorado. Maybe we're just different, up here with our heads in th clouds! 1/3 of registered voters in this state are indies, yet obviously many vote for Repubs and Dems.

[MOD CUT/moot]
Quote:
My fave is "Cut taxes, not defense"!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-20-2010 at 05:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies