Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 08:34 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,253,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Van Jones was appointed by 0bama, and he was a self described communist and anarchist, does that mean 0bama is also a communist and anarchist... but a few people with signs describes the entire Tea Party movement, who consist of thousands of individuals?
"Successes in life give you your confidence, but it's the setbacks that give you the character." Van Jones

I think I like Van Jones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 08:38 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,475,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
"Successes in life give you your confidence, but it's the setbacks that give you the character." Van Jones

I'm sure you do...

Old 07-14-2010, 08:40 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,602,284 times
There is a difference between a movement being racist and a movement having some racists that buy into it. There are thousands of people at tea party rallies. I'm sure there are some racists included, but the goal of the tea party has nothing to do with racism. The percentage of racists that can be identified is extremely low.

The democrat party has racists. The republican party has racists. The NAACP has racists. The attempt to use the very low number to characterize a loarge group is a politcal ploy to marginalize a vocal group. Such a ploy commited against a politically correct group, as identified by the left, would quickly yeild call of bigotry, and you can't label everyone like that, or that's just a small percentage of the larger group, or most are not like that.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:52 AM

38,065 posts, read 22,230,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post

I suppose Mao is one of your favorite scholars to turm to?

Van Jones: "I met all these young radical people of color – I mean really radical: communists and anarchists. And it was, like, 'This is what I need to be a part of.' I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary." "By August, I was a communist."

The point is, a few people with signs should not describe a movement of hundreds of thousands of people, if 0bama appointing Jones does not describe 0bama.

So which is it? Do the people 0bama's associates with describe him? If your answer is "no", then how can complete strangers who show up at a rally describe an entire movement?

My guess is that a painfully contorted,and irrational explanation by the OP, or those who agree with him, will follow my question.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:55 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,859,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
This is from the local tea party I attend. Please point out the racist. This is from The past July 3rd event

YouTube - Celebrate America - Fort Lauderdale Tea Party

Guess no one can point out the racism in this video

Old 07-14-2010, 08:55 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,003,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
A very very small number of people who attend Tea Party events (but they might not necessarily be Tea Party people) are racist.

A large majority of Democrats and people who join the NAACP, Black Panthers, LA Raza, and Mecha are racist.
100% true.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:59 AM

38,065 posts, read 22,230,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
100% true.
Just because a group calls itself "The Race" does not mean it's racist in it's views, otherwise prominent democratic party leaders would not associate with them, or speak before their rallies... does it?

Old 07-14-2010, 09:14 AM

15,116 posts, read 8,667,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Obama is a racist who wants to divide this country, according to you extreme right wing pukes, but you constantly bring up the people who I bolded.....
geez what color are they!
Give it up, you don't like the fact the president is black since it's too progressive for you.
Have you heard the lunatic ramblings of Rev. Wright? Any "white" president that attended a church led by some southern racist KKK talking white pastor would be CRUCIFIED by the public and the media ... and no one would buy this nonsense about "I never heard him say anything like that".

But as long as you embrace the idea that only white people can be racists, then I guess it all makes perfect sense to you.

As for the tea party .. it's so blatantly obvious that these "racists" are plants, there to discredit a movement that threatens both the mainstream dems and repubs.

It's the same deal that happens at protests like the G20, where cops dressed up like "anarchists" run around breaking windows and inciting violence while the regular cops just sit there and watch and do nothing. Later .. those "anarchists" disappear ... and then the cops attack the peaceful protestors as the media shows pictures of the damage caused by the "anarchists".

Wanna know how you can tell they're really cops in disguise? Because they always wear the same disguise ... apparently there is an "anarchist uniform" that consists of dark clothing, ball caps or stocking caps, and ALWAYS a scarfed face.

Oh yeah ... the other way is to pay attention and notice how they are always allowed to disappear, and are never arrested ... you never see them get clubbed or pepper sprayed or tear gassed ... nope .. they slip right through the riot cop lines unmolested.

It's time to grow up, and stop falling for this juvenile game over and over again.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:14 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,542,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I hear the argument that there is no evidence of racist tea partiers

Yet a simple google search turns this up.

appletree » Blog Archive » The teabaggers are not the least bit racist

I'm in a biracial family so it doesn't bother me much. I just wanted to share that though. I think we can all throw the "there are no racist Tea Partiers" argument out the window..

Yes I know there are a few Black Tea Partiers, and Yes I know there are Black Racists too. I just wanted to post this. Cause so many people are blind to the people they hang out with.
I tried to read the post but it was the same people saying the same stuff to defend these racist jerks otherwise known as the TP. I don't need to see on sign or even hear them say the N word to know that their raging hatred for this President is not just political. The political part could never fuel that much rage and hate. So what is it that causes the look of deep seeded anger in the TP faces? And I have yet to have one TP member on this forum explain this battle cry "I want my Country back" from who? If it was your country who does it belong to now. Man up TP you want lose any of the support you now have and you will get even bigger if you admit the real reason you hate Obama and will never accept that he is or was President at anytime in your life.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:17 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,475,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I tried to read the post but it was the same people saying the same stuff to defend these racist jerks otherwise known as the TP. I don't need to see on sign or even hear them say the N word to know that their raging hatred for this President is not just political. The political part could never fuel that much rage and hate. So what is it that causes the look of deep seeded anger in the TP faces? And I have yet to have one TP member on this forum explain this battle cry "I want my Country back" from who? If it was your country who does it belong to now. Man up TP you want lose any of the support you now have and you will get even bigger if you admit the real reason you hate Obama and will never accept that he is or was President at anytime in your life.
I see you might not really understand what is actually going on in this country....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies