Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 04:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,791,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
That'll do I suppose. I don't even really know why I brought this up. Its not FEMA or the Governments fault these trailers have this chemical in it. Who built the trailers? If it was FEMA or the Government then they are to blame if not they are just selling a bad product, and the producer should be blamed not the provider.
Forget the blame..the government should return the trailers and demand their money back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 04:14 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,863,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Forget the blame..the government should return the trailers and demand their money back.
The whole point of this thread was to put blame on FEMA and the Government.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
The whole point of this thread was to put blame on FEMA and the Government.
And rightly so since they are deciding to SELL them rather than return them.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:25 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,905,566 times
Quote:

We'd have to return almost everything we own now !

Tv's washers use to last for 50 years ! Now they tear up right ater the warrenty goes out .

I bought a sofa that smelled like chemicle warfare . my food is bleached ' I have to choose between bio or germ '. What is that crap the planes keep dropping on our heads ?

And these beggars want free trailors to lay up in while I'm being infected and exposed to stuff i have to pay for ! Let the stay in tents from Indonesia .

Old 07-11-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
And rightly so since they are deciding to SELL them rather than return them.
What makes you think they can return them for a profit? Aren't they used? I wouldn't take them back.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
We'd have to return almost everything we own now !

Tv's washers use to last for 50 years ! Now they tear up right ater the warrenty goes out .

I bought a sofa that smelled like chemicle warfare . my food is bleached ' I have to choose between bio or germ '. What is that crap the planes keep dropping on our heads ?

And these beggars want free trailors to lay up in while I'm being infected and exposed to stuff i have to pay for ! Let the stay in tents from Indonesia .
Who says anything about free? They are being sold. See the OP.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
What makes you think they can return them for a profit? Aren't they used? I wouldn't take them back.
Well from the sound of it..you don't know about those FEMA trailers, do you ? Go do some reading on those trailers and Katrina aftermath. Then come back and see if you feel the same way.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:30 PM

53,557 posts, read 35,279,208 times
Most of these FEMA trailers were built in north-central indiana where I used to live - the 'RV capital of the world,' they call it. People were working overtime shifts and the area was booming. If I'm not mistaken there are still ongoing lawsuits against the manufacturers, at least the few that haven't already gone belly-up.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:36 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,175,697 times
Quote:
Well from the sound of it..you don't know about those FEMA trailers, do you ? Go do some reading on those trailers and Katrina aftermath. Then come back and see if you feel the same way.

FEMA TRAILERS FOR SALE: Government Auctions Blog -- GovernmentAuctions.org(R)

Theres a link to the trailers you can see the warning. The problem is wholesalers are buying these and then the warning goes away. In many cases they are being sold as new.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
It was a semi-rhetorical question. I was bring it up to make my point that I would not take it back, and it was in question form because I didn't understand how you thought they (the builders) would take it back. Of course I know know what the FEMA trailers were used for during the Katrina aftermath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies