Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 04:30 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,298,591 times

Advertisements

The AnarchAngel: A Citizen or a Subject

This is a great article that explains the difference between a Citizen and a subject and what every person in this country needs to understand in order to return our country to the land of the free it was intended to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 07:01 PM

507 posts, read 879,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The AnarchAngel: A Citizen or a Subject

This is a great article that explains the difference between a Citizen and a subject and what every person in this country needs to understand in order to return our country to the land of the free it was intended to be.
In a mass society like ours its a distinction that makes zero difference.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:02 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,298,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCur View Post
In a mass society like ours its a distinction that makes zero difference.
I am sorry you feel that way, that type of attitude is indicative of why we are loosing our freedom as a people.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:09 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,278,198 times
Seriously, we CAN'T "return" to the past because things are not as they used to be. We either adapt or die.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:20 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,738,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Seriously, we CAN'T "return" to the past because things are not as they used to be. We either adapt or die.
The adaptation you argue for is already a form of death. Our government either works for us or we work for them. If the latter, we have returned to serfdom and have already "return[ed] to the past."

Old 07-06-2010, 01:34 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,278,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
The adaptation you argue for is already a form of death. Our government either works for us or we work for them. If the latter, we have returned to serfdom and have already "return[ed] to the past."
But things can never stay the same forever. I can't think of anything that has.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:49 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,097,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The country was intended to be ruled by white male property owners, women, minorities and the landless need not apply. Is that the return of which you speak?

Old 07-06-2010, 02:05 PM

512 posts, read 862,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The country was intended to be ruled by white male property owners, women, minorities and the landless need not apply. Is that the return of which you speak?
With respect, I'd like to answer this.

True, there were many things undesirable, bad, and even downright evil that existed, and was allowed to exist, back in the day. But that's not what I thought about when I read the OP. We were founded as a nation of citizens with rights, and nowdays, when we've righted so many wrongs, we should be banding together as a country of citizens--not white male property owners but rather people of all ethnic, religious, and sexual background. Could we not see this distinction as something vital to all of us as a nation?

Because whether or not you see it this way, or I see it that way, we are becoming a country ruled with priviledges instead of rights, and I don't think for a minute anyone, regardless of their beliefs, when they stop and think about their own rights and how those could be taken away with the turn of an election, wants to head in that direction. I think this is one essential we all agree on, even if some of us won't admit it.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:24 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,965,038 times
The article conveniently ignores that Canada has a Bill of Rights and that England has had one since 1689 - and going back even further to the Magna Carta that outlines the ancient right (not privilege) of habeas corpus. Seems more a debate over semantics.

How does this citizen/subject definition relate to God? Are we free citizens or subjects of God? I can't reconcile being a free citizen with "under God". Typically monarchs act as the middle man between God and his subjects.

Last edited by Gary Siete; 07-06-2010 at 04:34 PM..

Old 07-06-2010, 04:32 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,633,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You can't "return to the past", but you can "return to principles of freedom". If people who can't understand this will simply die, perhaps the rest of us can truly adapt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies