Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 05:26 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,836,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I keep hearing that particular (progressive-left-democrats are anti-business) talking point, and when it gets down to the nuts and bolts of it, all talk and no pants.
LOL, see above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 05:45 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,836,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I hope people in the tea party lose everything once they put these clowns back in. Big business has destroyed this country. Anybody whose glad for these companies to be allowed to do what ever they want might as well be a slave. Thats what they have overseas, slaves. You want to make .25/hour like they do in Haiti. Be my guest.
Wow, are hoping America fails? Didn't the left go ballistic when Rush Limbaugh said the same thing about Obama? Hypocrisy much? LOL

Old 07-01-2010, 06:00 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,909,678 times
Quote:
I hope people in the tea party lose everything once they put these clowns back in. Big business has destroyed this country. Anybody whose glad for these companies to be allowed to do what ever they want might as well be a slave. Thats what they have overseas, slaves. You want to make .25/hour like they do in Haiti. Be my guest.
Those "clowns" are running the government today. You think big business is NOT calling the shots today ? Just look at who benefits from all these newly passed bills.

You are naive to think either party has the interest of Americans in mind anymore. Lobbyists and CEO's have more clout in DC then we do.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:36 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,875,294 times
Just like barton the right are showing their true colors. They don't give a damn about the people, just lining the pockets of big business.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:13 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,562,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Here is one way.

United States could have highest corporate tax rate within a year | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

"But with a corporate tax rate of 39.2 percent (when combining state and federal taxes), the United States would find itself taxing businesses more than any of the other nations in the organization. Economists say that high corporate tax rates will do little but drive business and investment out of the United States."

Read more: United States could have highest corporate tax rate within a year | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment
Also Obama's rhetoric is extremely anti business. Businesses are sitting on the sidelines with plenty of cash because of the uncertainty caused by this clueless administration. Business has no firm understanding of how much government incompetence will cost them.

For example health care. The clueless jerks who passed it had no idea how it would affect business. When businesses complied with accounting requirements, the dopes thought they were trying to undermine congress.
AT&T to take $1 billion charge on health law change | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Dallas Business News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/DN-att_27bus.ART0.State.Edition1.3daf55d.html - broken link)

"AT&T is the latest in a string of companies to announce charges resulting from the new law, but its charge is by far the biggest. 3M Co., Deere & Co., Caterpillar Inc . and AK Steel Holding Corp. have recently announced charges ranging from $31 million to $150 million.

The company announcements Friday prompted Democrats in Congress to push back.

Rep. Henry Waxman, a California Democrat who co-chairs a subcommittee on oversight and investigations, said he'll convene a hearing next month to question company executives about their moves."

But when the morons found out the businesses were right, they cancelled the hearings.

CEOs Vindicated, Waxman Backs Down; You Probably Won't See This On The News - Stimulated Yet Forums

"Moreover, it said, “these one-time charges were required by applicable accounting rules.” The committee staff said this view was confirmed by independent experts at the Financial Accounting Standards Board and the American Academy of Actuaries.

Mr. Waxman, the chairman of the committee, and Mr. Stupak canceled a hearing at which they had planned to question executives on the effects of the law."
And without the law what would we have. I love how you guys pretend that HC was so great until now. Get a clue every Presidential candidate I have ever listen to in almost 20 years ran on HC reform. So you want low wages,no HC,no vacation,no worker rights or protection. Lets just live like India or China. CEO and other fat cats get everything,workers live like dogs and die young so we want have to give you retirement.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:14 AM

20,504 posts, read 12,480,235 times
Obama and the liberals are lying again. (How many times am I going to have to say this?)

Old 07-01-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Those "clowns" are running the government today. You think big business is NOT calling the shots today ? Just look at who benefits from all these newly passed bills.

You are naive to think either party has the interest of Americans in mind anymore. Lobbyists and CEO's have more clout in DC then we do.
I agree but the right thinks that the way it should be, the dems are just trying to compete.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:16 AM

20,504 posts, read 12,480,235 times
Quote:
And without the law what would we have. I love how you guys pretend that HC was so great until now. Get a clue every Presidential candidate I have ever listen to in almost 20 years ran on HC reform. So you want low wages,no HC,no vacation,no worker rights or protection. Lets just live like India or China. CEO and other fat cats get everything,workers live like dogs and die young so we want have to give you retirement.
enemy country believes that very bad law is better than nothing....

why dont we demand good law instead?

Old 07-01-2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Obama and the liberals are lying again. (How many times am I going to have to say this?)
No More. We believe you completely we know you are pure truth born and very unbiased

Old 07-01-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
enemy country believes that very bad law is better than nothing....

why dont we demand good law instead?
Why didnt you demand it from bush and the boys all those years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies