Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 07:16 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,349,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I wonder why everyone is ignoring my post?
Not all iMuslims are equal. The Muslims of Asia tend to be a lot less fanatical than their Middle eastern and Arab counterparts.
To understand the ME Muslims I would suggest a very good read.
Infidel by Ayaan Hirisi Ali.
Of course some will disregard what she writes and has to say on the topic. After all she was only born and raised in the more radical Islamic faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 07:19 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,361,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Heat View Post
The clueless liberals would be the first the who the Jihadists would kill. Yet, they are the first to slobber and defend them.
Who's defending Jihadists?

Oh, right -- no one.

Go ahead and pretend, though

Old 06-23-2010, 07:21 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,869,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
No, he has not " the defender of Muslims". He, like most Muslims, are either silent at best, approving at worst, of indoctrination as seen in the video. Islamism has spread through the Arab and Muslim world like wildfire. It has caught on with the masses. There are Islamist regimes from Libya to Turkey to Saudi Arabia and, of course to Iran. In countries where the government itself is not Islamist, there is a hugh and often violent Islamist movement.
The Islamic fundamentalist movement is not just fringe, as you imply. In the Muslim world, it is very much mainstream.
Says you.

Pensito Review » Poll: 93% of Muslims Worldwide Condemn 9/11 Attacks – 0% Approve of Attacks on Religious Grounds

Old 06-23-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
Then why have *no* ordinary Muslims ever stepped up against this kind of thing? Why are they silent, if not approving?

I know this one girl who was in my Ethics of Journalism class last year, and she was actually a genuinely nice person. She was a very devout Muslim, she wore a hijab of her own accord & own free will (her sister wore high heels, lipstick, designer shirts, the whole 9 yards), was very helpful & open-minded, and incredibly intelligent.

Then she found out I was doing a piece on Ahmadinejab (100% sure I butchered that name), and essentially how crazy he is. She says "Maybe if America stopped provoking him, he wouldn't be so crazy!"

And I asked her: "So do you approve of his threats to nuke America, the repression of women, lynching of gays, oppression of Christians, and hatred of Jews?" She goes, and I quote: "It's not in my place to judge, he's the one in control, not me."

Until Muslims like her speak up, just as members of other judged & stereotyped communities have spoken out against their radical members, I will continue to say that Islam is a very negative force on the World and it should be discouraged in society as much as possible
Ta'da

Check it out

Pensito Review » Poll: 93% of Muslims Worldwide Condemn 9/11 Attacks – 0% Approve of Attacks on Religious Grounds

Old 06-23-2010, 07:24 PM

4,432 posts, read 7,034,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
Then why have *no* ordinary Muslims ever stepped up against this kind of thing? Why are they silent, if not approving?

I know this one girl who was in my Ethics of Journalism class last year, and she was actually a genuinely nice person. She was a very devout Muslim, she wore a hijab of her own accord & own free will (her sister wore high heels, lipstick, designer shirts, the whole 9 yards), was very helpful & open-minded, and incredibly intelligent.

Then she found out I was doing a piece on Ahmadinejab (100% sure I butchered that name), and essentially how crazy he is. She says "Maybe if America stopped provoking him, he wouldn't be so crazy!"

And I asked her: "So do you approve of his threats to nuke America, the repression of women, lynching of gays, oppression of Christians, and hatred of Jews?" She goes, and I quote: "It's not in my place to judge, he's the one in control, not me."

Until Muslims like her speak up, just as members of other judged & stereotyped communities have spoken out against their radical members, I will continue to say that Islam is a very negative force on the World and it should be discouraged in society as much as possible
When did the Iranian President threaten to nuke America? I guess from the same information you got when Saddam had WMD where he threatened to use against America

Last edited by other99; 06-23-2010 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: bold

Old 06-23-2010, 07:32 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,178,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed Up! View Post
FOXNews.com - Ukrainian Boy, 5, Slaughtered 'Like a Goat' by Religious Fanatic

Don't ya just love that diversity? Coming soon to a town near you.
You are giving the thumbs up to the slaughter of a 5 year old. Wow I bet you would have an orgasm if a 3 year old was murdered.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:36 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,340,415 times
UK: Poll reveals a significant number of Muslims support suicide bombings - Jihad Watch

Ali Eteraz: US Muslims and Suicide Bombings

CNSNews.com - Support for Suicide Bombings and Bin Laden Still High Among Some Muslims (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/53865 - broken link)

FactsOfIsrael.com: Poll: Majority of Palestinians support homicide/suicide bombings and wish for the destruction of the State of Israel

Old 06-23-2010, 07:41 PM

615 posts, read 549,582 times
Quote:
You have been the #1 defender of radical Islam on this forum.

But the fact is that there is no other group whose clergy cheers on the mass murder of civilians. There is no other group whose leaders indictrinate children to become martyrs - that is, to destroy themselves in the act of taking as many lives as possible.

Here is another shocking video. It's absolute child abuse:

YouTube - Children of Hamas
Should we Americans have to condemn our soldiers ever time they mistakenly kill a kid in Afghanistan or Iraq or bomb a wedding party? Should blacks have to condemn other blacks when black gang bangers kill a kid during a drive by? Should Jews condemn Jews when one of their own kill women and children in Gaza? You only want Muslims to condemn, and condemn attacks they aren't doing and don't support, it is insane.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:53 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,340,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
Should we Americans have to condemn our soldiers ever time they mistakenly kill a kid in Afghanistan or Iraq or bomb a wedding party? Should blacks have to condemn other blacks when black gang bangers kill a kid during a drive by? Should Jews condemn Jews when one of their own kill women and children in Gaza? You only want Muslims to condemn, and condemn attacks they aren't doing and don't support, it is insane.
So you think "it's insane" to expect you to condemn suicide bombings, that is, the PURPOSEFUL MURDER OF CIVILIANS, and indoctrination of children to become martyrs. You think "it's insane" to expect Muslims to expess their disapproval of these actions which are committed in the name of Islam.

That's absolutely amazing.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
From the UK poll:

Quote:
One member had started the survey by asking users: “Do you agree with suicide bombings?”
Of those who responded, an alarming 24 per cent said they supported suicide attacks like the 7/7 tube bombings in London and the 9/11 atrocity in America.

I like how they don't say how many were polled (the gallop poll polled 50,000) and it seems a large majority of Muslims till condemn these acts 76%. sorry.

From Huffington Post:

Quote:
13% of US Muslims of all ages feel that there are scenarios in which suicide bombings are justified.
13% think that there are some scenarios where suicide bombing is justified, meaning 87% condemn it. Still your not really saying much, there are radicals out there remember?

I would be interested in knowing how many were polled in the CNSNews poll.

From the final link

Quote:
The JMCC interviewed 1,179 people in the West Bank and Gaza in late May and early June. The poll had a three percent margin of error.
1,179 people polled in a terrorist run country isn't that significant. They probably polled the majority of the terrorist that they were able to find to skew the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies