Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 09:17 AM

39 posts, read 145,121 times

Advertisements

Just trying to have a little fun. Does anyone know of any good ghost stories here in Pennsylvania? Has anyone ever seen a ghost? Once when I was checking out at Walmart, this guy was telling me that the real Amityville Horror story really happened here in Pennsylvania. I've heard this before, is it true? Anyone ever see The Haunting? It's about a family who lived close to Harrisburg Pa. I've seen the movie and read the book. Very scary and interesting. If anyone knows of any good horror stories or had any strange experiences, please share...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 10:50 AM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachlover1 View Post
Just trying to have a little fun. Does anyone know of any good ghost stories here in Pennsylvania? Has anyone ever seen a ghost? Once when I was checking out at Walmart, this guy was telling me that the real Amityville Horror story really happened here in Pennsylvania. I've heard this before, is it true? Anyone ever see The Haunting? It's about a family who lived close to Harrisburg Pa. I've seen the movie and read the book. Very scary and interesting. If anyone knows of any good horror stories or had any strange experiences, please share...
Never saw a ghost. However, I really think my late cat Dagwood came back to tell me he was okay. He was always on the bed (He was 22 when he died) waiting for me so we could cuddle before I fell asleep. Soon after he died I got onto the bed and turned on the TV, and Zasu (our other cat) got onto the bed, went straight to where Dagwood would have been and smacked the covers. She then went all prickly, hair standing up on end, ear flat back on her head (bad cat sign) and hissed... and attacked that spot on the bed.

I screamed, she ran -- my thought was that something bad (like a mouse or critter) was in bed with me.

Hubs came running.... there was nothing.

It took me a few days to think it might have been Diggy. Zasu never did that again...

One of my fondest memories of October is Ed King from Party Line on KDKA radio reading listeners ghost stories they sent in. He had a rich deep voice, so warm and soothing... and in October -- scary.

Party Line - The Kings - Ed Blank 1970

Here's one of my favorite ghost links

Shadowlands Haunted Places Index - Pennsylvania

Old 07-17-2009, 12:08 PM

212 posts, read 640,614 times
See if you can find a copy of "Ghost stories of Pittsburgh and Allegheny county" by Beth E. Trapani.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:33 PM

487 posts, read 1,379,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathegg88 View Post
See if you can find a copy of "Ghost stories of Pittsburgh and Allegheny county" by Beth E. Trapani.
Or, "Pennsylvania Ghost Towns: Uncovering the Hidden Past" by Susan Hutchison Tassin, available at local book stores.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:42 PM

2,458 posts, read 4,202,032 times
My uncle moved to Gettysburg a number of years ago, and while he hasn't reported seeing any ghosts himself, he tells of more than a few instances where his neighbors have seen ghostly soldiers from both sides of the battle.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:20 PM

77 posts, read 274,731 times
out in beaver county there is a road that is supposed to be haunted. its called kelley road. we drove down it at night and its a spooky wooded road. we did se a wisp of a white smoke-like substance shaped like a person. it was pretty cool.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:03 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
I heard a number of ghost stories about Beaver County back in my days there, but I can't recall any at the moment. The Amityville Horror was a hoax.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:30 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,815,051 times
Would yinzers make good ghosts?

Old 07-18-2009, 11:42 AM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I heard a number of ghost stories about Beaver County back in my days there, but I can't recall any at the moment. The Amityville Horror was a hoax.
I'm glad you said it -- the only fact in the book was that Ronny De Feo killed his family.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:17 AM

1 posts, read 7,441 times
I love ghost stories growing up on my mom telling me thousands of them there were two she always told me and my brothers and telling us these 2 young children who realy did die in one of the houses she lived in as achild moved with her an is still around her i was about ten when i told the story at sleep over and the two young boys names were Pinelope and George I then called there names and asked them to turn off the t.v for me not thinking when next thing you know the t.v realy turned off and i didnt have a remote we all ran into my mothers bedroom screaming including myself could they realy have followed her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh