Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 04:12 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,076,045 times

Advertisements

I took the liberty of finding some of my quotes.

About Plum:

Quote:
Most of Plum Boro is good if you ask me unless I'm missing something. It's still fairly rural but it's always growing and continues to grow. In fact, many predict it will eventually be like a mini "Cranberry/Wexford" drawing what's left of Monroeville to Plum Boro
My Friendship correction:

Quote:
It is Penn Ave in Garfield. Not sure why everyone says Friendship when heading to Quiet Storm. Nonetheless, they aren't far from one another at all!
About New Ken

Quote:
I'm not sure what you heard about New Kensington but it's a good place depending on which side of the city you are on. The school is meh. Check out Lower Burrell, it's next door and much much more reputable with a good school district.
Quote:
I'm telling you, check out Lower Burrell or even New Kensington (near Lower Burrell NOT the river!!!!!)
What about Natrona Heights? That could really work for you too, but it's in Allegheny County, whereas New Ken and Lower Burrell are in westmoreland (much lower taxes).
About me:

Quote:
Well.. I would look in Westmorland County. I was born and raised in Lower Burrell, just up 28th and not far from Pittsburgh Mills. It's a very quiet and well kept town. In fact, someone on these very forums was transferred here and moved to Lower Burrell after looking at MANY other cities.

Last edited by guylocke; 04-15-2007 at 04:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2007, 04:38 PM

One more thing. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the large Turner Dairy Farm headquarters land is in Plum and Penn Hills. After doing a little bit of research I found this, too. Penn Hills has a total area of land that is 25% smaller than Plum Boro and has over 40% more residents than Plum Boro. Plum Boro has over 75km^2 of land (Cranberry has 60km^2 of land and plenty of it is still rural) with only 27,000 people (Cranberry has almost the same population and it's "new")!

You have Penn Hills, a city that still has plenty of rural land in it's own right and is much smaller than Plum with a much heavier population...

and yet why you attack me for accurately calling Plum "fairly rural" is beyond me.

Last edited by guylocke; 04-15-2007 at 05:04 PM..

Old 04-15-2007, 07:46 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,380,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Boylocke was taking about date rape, and you responded to her post!

How was I to know what you meant by your post?!?
Maybe, if you read the ENTIRE post, you would see that Boylocke was talking about the PEGASUS and how he frequents the place. While there is homosexuality in Texas, it is not as open as in places like Pittsburgh. That is what I was referring to....read the ENTIRE post, not just part of it next time.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:49 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,140,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
Maybe, if you read the ENTIRE post, you would see that Boylocke was talking about the PEGASUS and how he frequents the place. While there is homosexuality in Texas, it is not as open as in places like Pittsburgh. That is what I was referring to....read the ENTIRE post, not just part of it next time.
Right, I did finally get it when boylocke revealed he was a he.

Even then it took me quiet a few hours before it came to me!

Old 04-15-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
boylocke:

Thanks, boylocke. I saw Smoker's post and thought the same thing. And I figured out you are gay shortly after you joined.
I'm always the last to know. On the internet, I always get gender wrong.

No wonder you love the singles scene, boylocke!

Old 04-15-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
boylocke is a confused ***** not to be taken seriously. Early on it refers to itself as being a female who has lived downtown for five years and two paragraphs later claims to live in Lower Burrell at the same time.
Don't be silly, smoker! He lives downtown because he goes to school down there. The only reason you thought he was a she was because he talks about his boyfriend. You and I just assumed that meant he was a she.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoker
While we all can marvel at it's enthusiasm about Pgh., boylocke is often way off the actual truth of our city, kind of like Pittnurse... Plum is rural, Friendship has a commercial district, New Ken is a desirable place to live.
Parts of New Kensington are nice. And boylocke accurately clarified that down the hill near the river is the area to avoid. Be nice! You keep forgetting you're a Pittsburgher!

Old 04-16-2007, 10:21 AM

487 posts, read 1,381,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'm always the last to know. On the internet, I always get gender wrong.
Woo-hoo! I'm not the last to figure it out, and I thought sure I was! I realized boylocke was a he almost a week ago. Perhaps we should all sign our posts as follows:

id: bboy36win
name: jeff
orientation: straight

Old 04-16-2007, 10:28 AM

What gave it away

Old 04-16-2007, 02:09 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,280,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
Hopes:

I think mostly clothes, accessories, and makeup, but probably just about anything, eg yard decorations, what have you.
Hair spray, cologne, barbecue sauce, fox p*ss for hunting...

Old 04-16-2007, 02:42 PM

1,360 posts, read 2,953,740 times
Default Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Hair spray, cologne, barbecue sauce, fox p*ss for hunting...
Man its a drag when you get yer fox p*ss mixed up with yer cologne!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh