Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 12:02 PM

12,528 posts, read 17,626,425 times

Advertisements

Bulger is like Wexford or Gibsonia, it's a mailing address. It sits in Smith township and the housing ranges from 5K to 500K. Mainly rural with new developments being built.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 12:18 PM

3,977 posts, read 3,675,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COPANUT View Post
Bulger is like Wexford or Gibsonia, it's a mailing address. It sits in Smith township and the housing ranges from 5K to 500K. Mainly rural with new developments being built.

So you would say it is a nice place? I will know more monday, but we may just be transferring there, and man, this is hard doing it long distance. I guess it wouldnt if you had a lot of money, but that is what we lack.
I appreciate your help.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:12 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,825,294 times
My sister and her husband moved there about 5 years ago into a newer trailer court. They like it, but the drive to get to a store or other places was too far for them so they moved out after a couple of years and bought a house in Imperial. I remember that it was pretty rural and definately out of the suburbs. Very quiet, not much around but it's great if that is what you are looking for.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway29south View Post
My sister and her husband moved there about 5 years ago into a newer trailer court. They like it, but the drive to get to a store or other places was too far for them so they moved out after a couple of years and bought a house in Imperial. I remember that it was pretty rural and definately out of the suburbs. Very quiet, not much around but it's great if that is what you are looking for.
Well, I'd like to get a place where when you sneeze the neighbor doesnt say "bless you".. haha now that blessing you is bad you see. Just seems like a little piece of land is not found easy. I mean even 1/2 acre would be nice. So is Imperial close to Ambridge, or Bulger?

Old 03-28-2009, 01:30 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,825,294 times
Imperial is closer, I think, to Bulger. It's the beginning of the more rural suburbs west of the city, if that makes any sense. My sister and her husband found a foreclosed home in Imperial and fixed it up, very cheap. They live near other people but it's pretty quiet.

You may be able to find a piece of land in Imperial or even Oakdale which is the next town over. A few friends of mine bought land and built homes within the past few years in Oakdale. More open space there too. And with Imperial and Oakdale you are within 15 minutes of Robinson Township which has shopping, doctors, businesses and other places you might need.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway29south View Post
Imperial is closer, I think, to Bulger. It's the beginning of the more rural suburbs west of the city, if that makes any sense. My sister and her husband found a foreclosed home in Imperial and fixed it up, very cheap. They live near other people but it's pretty quiet.

You may be able to find a piece of land in Imperial or even Oakdale which is the next town over. A few friends of mine bought land and built homes within the past few years in Oakdale. More open space there too. And with Imperial and Oakdale you are within 15 minutes of Robinson Township which has shopping, doctors, businesses and other places you might need.

That's great! How did they find a foreclosure? I am checking out houses in Imperial now. This is nerve racking haha. I appreciate the help.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:12 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,406,894 times
Pittsburgh Bank Foreclosures PA Pittsburgh Foreclosures Pittsburgh Foreclosure Listings

Old 03-28-2009, 03:17 PM

Thank you!

Old 03-28-2009, 05:49 PM

I have looked and looked and looked for houses all day. I have checked out the towns you all have told me about. I will know something more Monday if we may be headed that way. I know not all houses for sale are listed on the net. I have looked online newspapers too. This is not easy long distance.
Thank you all so much for your help. CD ROCKS!

Old 03-28-2009, 08:38 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,506,130 times
I may be a little late on the Bulger info...but COPANUT is right. I had a friend that lived in 15019, but it wasn't a town at all. The home was on Bigger Road, Washington County, with a Bulger, PA, 15019 address. It was basically a road slapped in the middle of the woods with maybe 6 houses on it hardly near each other, basically being separated by more woods/trees. I used to make fun of them when they'd say their "neighbors" because in no way were these homes anywhere near each other. Some houses on this road went to Fort Cherry School District, and I think a few may have been to Burgettstown or West Allegheny...don't ask me how that is figured out!

Anyway, the family went to Imperial for most of their "quick" amenities (gym, library, grocery store, movie renting, etc.) and to Robinson for all the other stuff (about a 15-20 minute drive as their house was located about 4 miles from the McDonald/Midway exit off US-22).

It really isn't too bad distance wise if that's the sorta thing you are looking for. Plenty of land (although I know nothing about acres or anything so I couldn't tell you what they had, but I remember it took the father about 4 hours on the tractor to cut the grass).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh