Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 04:33 PM

801 posts, read 1,105,099 times

Advertisements

For any of you that miss Johnny Mac and are disappointed to see Moore and Crow sidelined by "Windy" and "sMarty-Mouth" during the pandemic...

Don't forget about Lynn Cullen's podcast on City Paper!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2020, 05:08 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,948,873 times
KDKA has been a cesspool for, like, forever.

Old 05-07-2020, 05:28 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,256,711 times
Haven’t listened to AM radio for decades unless there was coverage of a sporting event being aired.

I have heard Wendy Bell doing commercials on FM radio, though.

Old 05-07-2020, 07:14 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,020,924 times
KDKA TV and radio are separate. I feel KDKA is pretty good for a new source these days.

Sure it doesn't fit the echo chamber that Merge would listen to, but that probably means it is balanced.

Overall, I would give it a 7. CNN would be a 1. Fox would be a 3, etc., etc.

Old 05-07-2020, 07:35 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,065,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
For any of you that miss Johnny Mac and are disappointed to see Moore and Crow sidelined by "Windy" and "sMarty-Mouth" during the pandemic...

i used to love cullen, until she became a raving old bat a few years back. it wasnt enough that she was the voice of liberalism - that was cool with me. i was a fan of hers since i was a kid, listening to her on WTAE.

then she became a nasty, rabid politico...pretty much like all the rest. so i stopped listening. i used to call in to the city paper podcast now and then, too.

Old 05-07-2020, 10:34 PM
gg

Quote:

Just remember Woodstock happened in the middle of a pandemic. I am thankful people are questioning us throwing our life savings and careers away, not to mention crushing our economies. We sure didn't do any of this during the Hong Kong Flu that took a million lives. Nope, we kept things going. Woodstock going on to today's style of dumping sand all over a skateboard park. What is going on with the amount of control over us? The media is doing a number on our brains! We better look to history and fast to understand the contrast! We are completely being controlled. Woodstock to today's strong-arm. Wow.

Old 05-09-2020, 02:25 AM

3,291 posts, read 2,780,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Just remember Woodstock happened in the middle of a pandemic. I am thankful people are questioning us throwing our life savings and careers away, not to mention crushing our economies. We sure didn't do any of this during the Hong Kong Flu that took a million lives. Nope, we kept things going. Woodstock going on to today's style of dumping sand all over a skateboard park. What is going on with the amount of control over us? The media is doing a number on our brains! We better look to history and fast to understand the contrast! We are completely being controlled. Woodstock to today's strong-arm. Wow.

I don't even care about skate parks with sand. but the mask bit is the worst. it is fearful and does its job of being fearful. and there's not even a single double blind study that says its effective . unless you can point me to it, send the link. masks are unhealthy. you breathe whatever is caught on the mask for quite a while. if it picks up a virus then its another surface to breed on. right next to your nose and mouth. and youre getting less oxygen, more CO2, not good. I will not wear one, this is the USA If you don't like it I think you know what you can do.

Old 05-09-2020, 05:48 AM

179 posts, read 107,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
I don't even care about skate parks with sand.
First they came for the paddleboarders, and I did not speak out-
because I stay out of the ocean because sharks are scary.
Then they came for the gardeners, and I did not speak out-
because food comes from the grocery store.
Then they came for the skateboarders, and I did not speak out-
because I stopped watching the X Games when I was 15 and grew up.

Then they came for me, and there was nobody less essential than me.

Quote:
but the mask bit is the worst. it is fearful and does its job of being fearful. and there's not even a single double blind study that says its effective . unless you can point me to it, send the link. masks are unhealthy. you breathe whatever is caught on the mask for quite a while. if it picks up a virus then its another surface to breed on. right next to your nose and mouth. and youre getting less oxygen, more CO2, not good. I will not wear one, this is the USA If you don't like it I think you know what you can do.
Umm, dude I change my N95 mask every few minutes to avoid that very issue. Frankly, if you're not changing out yours every few minutes from a hoarded supply and dropping the used one on the ground, you kinda deserve what you get.

Old 05-09-2020, 07:00 AM

994 posts, read 503,618 times
AM radio died in the late 80s.

Old 05-09-2020, 09:11 AM
gg

Quote:

Keep in mind differing opinions are healthy. Echo-chambers aren't. Just because it doesn't appeal to you, doesn't mean the people are bad. They have families and feel differently about the direction of things. So what?

I am so tired of the hate people. Too many extremist have the stage with our wonderful media machine instead of logical mild thinking people. Sure gets old hearing from the dumbed down extremists.

I have listened to Wendy. Not my cup of tea, but she has some points here and there. She is smart and motivated. More than I can say for many. Her audience isn't the far left, that is for sure, but she is probably too mild for the far right as well, but she is right leaning. Not a reason to hate someone. We all just want a good safe country to live in that progresses and does well. You would think we all want something wildly different. Nope, just small differences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh