Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 08:44 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times

Advertisements

I received one years ago from a former poster. Real jerk. Knew who it was, couldn't prove it. Easy to hide behind a Keyboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 07:19 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,457,963 times
see thats where you have to appreciate the upfront jerks like me that just post it here and get deleted by yac lol.

back on topic sort of, who with 4.6m is moving to penn trafford? o.O (nothing against pt its lovely but still)

Old 05-21-2019, 08:11 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
see thats where you have to appreciate the upfront jerks like me that just post it here and get deleted by yac lol.

back on topic sort of, who with 4.6m is moving to penn trafford? o.O (nothing against pt its lovely but still)
Geez, judging from what I am seeing in the photos, that has one heck of a lot of money in extras put in it. Wow. Is that Joe Hardy's old home? Wonder who is living there now?

Old 05-21-2019, 08:44 AM

969 posts, read 772,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Geez, judging from what I am seeing in the photos, that has one heck of a lot of money in extras put in it. Wow. Is that Joe Hardy's old home? Wonder who is living there now?
Was pretty easy to find out: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephen-jackowski-2100b54a

Old 05-21-2019, 10:18 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post

It’s hideous.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:33 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,132,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
It’s hideous.
Agree, some of the stonework is nice but much is too gaudy for my taste. Makes me feel like my grandmother decorated plus it is very dark feeling. Property, eh. Feels too empty for me. Everyone has their own tastes and if you have the $ why not but you will never recoup most.

This market is getting pretty sad, so many buyers that just cant find anything. If you wanted to move away now is the time. All I can do is make my home into the home I want. Will be a busy summer putting in some upgrades.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:46 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
This market is getting pretty sad....
How can a strong market make anyone sad in our depressed region that is finally getting fixed up. I love seeing great homes being saved. Great times in Pittsburgh unless you are one of the negative people all the time. The city proper is filled with protesting whiners. I don’t get them. They really hate change.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
How can a strong market make anyone sad in our depressed region that is finally getting fixed up. I love seeing great homes being saved. Great times in Pittsburgh unless you are one of the negative people all the time. The city proper is filled with protesting whiners. I don’t get them. They really hate change.

Sad if you are a home buyer trying to find a home right now, also if you make a living as a Realtor but maybe sad isnt a great way to word it. I'm pretty positive general, cant say much bad about the area or I would never have moved here.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:

And yes I love seeing great homes being saved. I was down in Selma Alabama last week and the homes and business architecture was incredible, I can only image in inside. Unfortunately those great homes are mostly in horrible condition. It reminded me a little of New Orleans if everyone left 40 years ago and forgot it. I'm sure its not all bad, I wasnt sight seeing but where I was that is mostly what I saw.

Old 05-21-2019, 02:28 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
i made a harmless jab at bernie sanders, and was repped something like : "dont be as assh*" or something close to that.

in the past i had another rep that was some personal insult because of a contrarian post to whatever discussion it was.

both times my first thought was this person has a narrow worldview, with no understanding that people have valid, different perspectives, yet this person has NO IDEA of this, and therefore believes him/herself to be some tough guy.
I find them ridiculous and funny at the same time. A “tough guy” would just post what they have to say, but they’re far from tough guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh