Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 03:13 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,617,627 times

Advertisements

I keep hoping there's some overbuilding being done, so I can get an office in a nicer building. Doesn't look that way, at least in the near term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 04:18 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,589,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jea6321 View Post
your first link was from 2018.
Plus a thousand or so jobs at Apple is just a little more significant than a home improvement store doing their usual seasonal temporary hiring. Getting excited about the latter is almost a little sad.

Same 700 jobs hiring, a year ago: https://patch.com/pennsylvania/pitts...ittsburgh-area

Last edited by sealie; 02-26-2019 at 04:32 AM..

Old 02-26-2019, 07:09 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,977,084 times
From this morning's Business Times: Wabtec will be moving its corporate headquarters from Wilmerding to Isabella Street on the North Side. They just merged with GE Transportation yesterday and have factories in Erie, Ft. Worth, as well as the original factory in Wilmerding. Other offices are in Chicago and Paris.

Old 02-26-2019, 03:24 PM

615 posts, read 395,501 times
https://triblive.com/news/westmorela...n-the-horizon/

Elliot Group adding 140 jobs in Jeanette for a pump test facility.

New Kensington industrial park to invest 8 million dollars for advanced additive manufacturing facility.

Commerce Crossing industrial park near I-70 is under development. 5 industrial companies have pledged to locate there

Old 02-26-2019, 03:27 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsbur...e-for-new.html

RIDC park engineering tenant acquired land to build a new facility and add jobs

Old 02-26-2019, 03:28 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsbur...tte-plant.html

Hennecke plant moves into the region building a new HQ in South Fayette.

Old 02-26-2019, 06:08 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,039,632 times
I must say, this is very encouraging news for our region. This benefits all as people do come into the city and spend money that are hired outside the city. Keep it coming. I keep thinking we are sort of dead around here, but I guess not.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I must say, this is very encouraging news for our region. This benefits all as people do come into the city and spend money that are hired outside the city. Keep it coming. I keep thinking we are sort of dead around here, but I guess not.
I think this is a good thread to highlight any job growth in the Pittsburgh region. An outsider reading these posts can be easily misled that the be all end all economic growth is only in the east end if you are a techie. There are a lot of jobs being added outside of the city limits that pay well. Those good stories never seem to make it on here because it doesn’t fit some posters rehtoric that every company wants to be in the city and the city is the be all end all with jobs.

Good paying jobs in Westmoreland County where you can live in one of the 50 best small towns “Latrobe”with a vibrant business district and not get your wallet drained by insane taxes or 20 dollar a day parking.

That said there is a lot of work that needs done. We still lag most regions in growth. It should be better than what it currently is

Old 02-26-2019, 07:32 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,172,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghaccuweather View Post
I think this is a good thread to highlight any job growth in the Pittsburgh region. An outsider reading these posts can be easily misled that the be all end all economic growth is only in the east end if you are a techie. There are a lot of jobs being added outside of the city limits that pay well. Those good stories never seem to make it on here because it doesn’t fit some posters rehtoric that every company wants to be in the city and the city is the be all end all with jobs.

Good paying jobs in Westmoreland County where you can live in one of the 50 best small towns “Latrobe”with a vibrant business district and not get your wallet drained by insane taxes or 20 dollar a day parking.

That said there is a lot of work that needs done. We still lag most regions in growth. It should be better than what it currently is
We? You don't even live in this state...

Old 02-26-2019, 07:54 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,039,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
We? You don't even live in this state...
Personally, I don't mind someone outside the state posting job growth in our area. It certainly doesn't hurt.

Our city limits are very small. It is best to cheer on growth in our region, not just the city limits. As prices rise the people that can't afford the city itself are moving out. I think they should be catered too. Not everyone has a half a million to spend on a home. Some people need to move outside the city and get away from the yuppies/wealthy folks. Give them a break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh