Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 11:01 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,936,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUNAKAYB View Post
1. The weather sucks. End of discussion.
2. Natives are rude, ugly, uneducated, unsophisticated, etc...
3. The public transit is a mess. Unions threatening to go on strike. Fares too high. Buses don't run frequently enough.
4. Lack of nightlife. 2AM the city shuts down (on weekends.) 10PM on weekdays. Buses stop running from 12AM-2AM so don't think about getting anywhere after. Also inconvenient wait times. Partying on the South Side? Live in Shadyside? Want to get home at 1:30AM on a friday night? forget it.
5. No future. The city is going backwards, not forward
6. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
7. Luke Ravenstall
8. The Pittsburgh Steelers
9. Pittsburgh Regional Airport
10. It's proximity to West Virginia
Dude, seriously. Just seriously. Every thing you wrote suggest that you are trolling.

Pittsburgh is always ranked as one of the highest uducated cities in the nation. The post gazette is always ranked as a highly reputable paper, the airport lost a lot of flights, but it is probably the best I have ever been in. West virginia is a beautiful state to hike, mountain bike, and camp in.

The way I see it, Pittsburgh has turned the corner, and is accelerating ahead full speed.

I like the nightlife.

Than again, I really think you are just trying to troll, or you again support my opinion, that this forum is extremely negative, and annoying to come to any more.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:06 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,830,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desibhar View Post
Baltimore shuts down early because of the pervasive and widespread crime.
Some business owners board up after 6 pm!
I'm not buying it. If close is at 2 am, why am I safer at 1:45 am than 2 am?while there's certainly a lot of crime in baltimore, places like fell's point, the inenr harbor, and federal hill have decent nightlife. downtown itself has seen a marked decline in crime as well and places like maggie's and the brewer's art stay packed until close.
as for public transit and nightlife, I imagine it's always problematic when one is travelling from one neighborhood to another in any city whereas if the hub of nightlife is downtown, that its much easier for transit to service.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:08 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,936,337 times
can people on this board please stop comparing and trashing cities. It does nothing good but anger people.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:40 AM

85 posts, read 308,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
can people on this board please stop comparing and trashing cities. It does nothing good but anger people.
I would have to disagree with your post. This is a "Pittsburgh Forum - Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions."

Therefore, comparing cities is key to help people relocate or move. I understand what you are saying about trashing cities, but comparing cities can be quite informative to people who haven't lived or visited Pittsburgh.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:48 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,281,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUNAKAYB View Post
1. The weather sucks. End of discussion.
2. Natives are rude, ugly, uneducated, unsophisticated, etc...
3. The public transit is a mess. Unions threatening to go on strike. Fares too high. Buses don't run frequently enough.
4. Lack of nightlife. 2AM the city shuts down (on weekends.) 10PM on weekdays. Buses stop running from 12AM-2AM so don't think about getting anywhere after. Also inconvenient wait times. Partying on the South Side? Live in Shadyside? Want to get home at 1:30AM on a friday night? forget it.
5. No future. The city is going backwards, not forward
6. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
7. Luke Ravenstall
8. The Pittsburgh Steelers
9. Pittsburgh Regional Airport
10. It's proximity to West Virginia
Must be that guy from Cleveland again!

Old 08-13-2008, 12:15 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desibhar View Post
I would have to disagree with your post. This is a "Pittsburgh Forum - Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions."

Therefore, comparing cities is key to help people relocate or move. I understand what you are saying about trashing cities, but comparing cities can be quite informative to people who haven't lived or visited Pittsburgh.
I agree. Making comparisons is not the same as 'trashing'. In any comparison of cities, there are going to be positives and negatives. No one planning to move to Pgh or anywhere else is naive enough to think there is no crime, the streets are paved with gold, etc. They want to know the real story.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:15 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,732,470 times
The way i see it, this thread is going in circles. Therefore, I am closing it. Last thing we need on this forum is more thrashing/flaming.
Thread closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh