Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 02:15 PM

919 posts, read 3,189,538 times

Advertisements

Wow, I been away too long maybe, absolutely Murrysville would be very ideal and I will check to see if there are any nice rentals around that area..I sure hope so! I am thinking of schools here, I know there are closer places but I am not sure i like vandergrift or the schools, from what I remember it was not all that great like 20 years ago, maybe it has changed too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 02:45 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,086,175 times
Quote:
I know there are closer places but I am not sure i like vandergrift or the schools, from what I remember it was not all that great like 20 years ago, maybe it has changed too?
No I definitely wouldn't live in Vandergrift, however, Vandergrift kids go to Kiski Area School District, and believe it or not, it's really not a bad school district at all (at least, last time I checked).

Did you look into some of those other places I recommended like Burrell, Apollo, and Washington?

If you haven't been here in forever, you won't even recognize Murrysville. It's becoming quite the little booming place (not as frenzied as Cranberry or Peter's, though).

Old 11-02-2007, 07:46 PM

Its been bout 14 years or so now, I suspect a lot has changed, I grew up in the area nearby...but want a good safe school...nothing found on those areas yet, I have been searching and want to really rent a nice home while i tuck money away to buy a home for almost cash this time...in pgh that is possible i think,

Old 11-05-2007, 08:38 AM

Plum..is looking appealing to me lately but i need a good rental!

Old 06-02-2008, 07:19 PM

9 posts, read 20,613 times
Default plum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaharbour View Post
Thank you guys, my hubby goes on his interview in the middle of next month, we have to wait and see here, I pray we can move back home, we really missed pgh, and want to stay and retire there...THANKS again, we both grew up on the outskirts of the east side and have no idea what other areas are like, and i am sure many have changed over the last 20 years too!
Yeah, my parents retired in Plum. Unfortunately, both of them passed away within a year of each other, and now our house is up for sale! But I have lived in Plum all my life and it really is a great community...

Old 06-03-2008, 11:11 AM

9 posts, read 20,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaharbour View Post
We may end up in Pgh.. I have heard that plum and cranberry are both nice areas, are there bad areas within these townships and are the schools good? THANKS!
As far as I'm concerned, there are no bad areas in Plum. We've lived there our whole lives. Cranberry is booming--a lot of traffic. Schools in Plum are excellent. My parents retired there, but both recently passed away. Their home is now up for sale, and i know there are a lot of homes for sale in Plum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh